You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander Arnold

Arl arse

Just now, El Rojo said:

Joe Gomez was very poor last night, but at least he was trying.

Trent's 'efforts' for their first half goals were abysmal. He needs to be benched after that display. Gomez to right back with Matip starting. 

This 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think Jurgen needs to stop his forays into central midfield for a while and get him and Mo working at their partnership down the right again which has been fantastic until relatively recent times.

I think he needs to stop his forays into midfield full stop. He's not good enough to be carried.

Fielding Gomez, Trent and Elliot against an attacking team would always leave us open in that area.  Not sure there were too many options because of injuries and squad depth though. Carragher summed up Trent in the past when he suggested he's not a conventional fb and when we have to defend more he will always be vulnerable and exposed. My take on Trent is he had the perfect conditions, Klopp as a manager and fantastic attacking players in their peak around him. I will be pleasantly surprised if he consistently hits the heights he did in the past.  

The only option is when we are struggling or play better teams we have a standard rb to play, do we have one of those in the squad? I'm sure if Trent was as lazy or phoning it in as being made out on here Klopp would have benched him. 

Was watching this with my uncle and we couldn't believe how generally 'un-arsed' he looked, especially in the second half. Just seemed to be meandering around.

Something deffo not right in the camp, don't know if it's a Mane/Salah thing or what, but they don't look like happy troops to me. 

36 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He is offering nothing at the minute, who do we play there though.

Last time Gomez played there he looked miles better than Trent: overlapped, pass and move with midfield, put in excellent crosses, and set up at least one goal. He's the only one I can think of who could improve our current sonambulistic RB problem.

9 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Last time Gomez played there he looked miles better than Trent: overlapped, pass and move with midfield, put in excellent crosses, and set up at least one goal. He's the only one I can think of who could improve our current sonambulistic RB problem.

I agree but it would all be about Matip staying fit.

9 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Yeah, Konate's injury is a bastard. Gomez would at least give Phillips more support than Trent gives Gomez, though.

If we sit deeper and play two in the middle of midfield we could get away with Philips occasionally till we get sorted. We need a quick fix till players are back and in better form.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Think it’s time to give him a go in midfield now.

Title’s gone so anyway so it’s worth a punt and would be cheaper to sign a RB to replace him than a midfielder. 

A change is a good as a rest and all that! 

Yeah. I've always been someone who's been tepid on the idea of playing him in midfield as he's dominating games from right back, so if it ain't broke don't fix it. He's just a class footballer, like Lahm for example - if he can get on the ball and run the game from right back, play him at right back. If he can do it from midfield then do it there.

Well he's not dominating games from right back now, and we're evolving our setup, so I wouldn't be averse to something like this:

Alisson

Gomez VVD Konate Kostas/Robbo

TAA Fabinho

Elliott Salah Diaz

Nunez

Play a more basic 4-2-3-1, keep it simple at RB, Fab can cover TAA a little, Elliott doesn't need to be lightning quick and score 20 goals from there but can drift central, link up with Salah, Nunez and Trent, and it gets Salah closer to goal without putting him at no9 or making him have to cover all the time. I dunno. I just want to see something a bit different.

• Upvote 1

I just dont see the Trent in midfield argument myself. The reason he excels,when on form,at right back is that there is always more space in wide areas. Playing in central midfield (we dont traditionally have wide midfielders) would require a different skillset. I'm not sure if Klopp even considers it myself.

• Upvote 1