You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election Thread 2016

Red Phoenix

Dennis, you are the one who believes the US would instigate a nuclear war based on bellicose statements about a regional policy on an area where no degree of tin foil hattedness could imagine was worth risking the planet on. It's crazy talk. None of the military advisors were going to go along with Hillary's vanity project in a million years. Such naivety.

Bolstered by retired pilots and Donald Trump.

What's Father Christmas bringing you?

Come on man. You know as an intelligent poster there will never be a direct faceoff. It will and has always been a war by proxy.

Dennis, you are the one who believes the US would instigate a nuclear war based on bellicose statements about a regional policy on an area where no degree of tin foil hattedness could imagine was worth risking the planet on. It's crazy talk. None of the military advisors were going to go along with Hillary's vanity project in a million years. Such naivety.

Bolstered by retired pilots and Donald Trump.

What's Father Christmas bringing you?

And the Kremlin. There's more of you need it.

And yeah its more comforting to listen to retired generals and the kremlin than your reasoning provides. Wise as you are. Let's be cautious just to be in the safe side.

Would you rather see the US and russia at each others throats than cosying up then?

Your smearing rp as if he's pulled the idea out his arse betrays a lack of faith in your own position.

Guest Pistonbroke

If what you say is true then there's have been no need to make fun of rp in the manner you did.

Says the bloke who has a pop at another forum member by bringing his family life into things. 

In fact, one of the most frightening revelations of the entire presidential race was trump's "if we have them why can't we use them" comment on nukes. Anyone with half a brain cell knows that option is never on the table.

You need to tell miss may then she said you always keep them on the table. As has hilary.

Are we forgetting the USA has used them twice already?

When the USA own top generals and Russia's top spokemen have both been confirming it, yes, we've been saying it for some time.

dennis, so in your mind: Why did Trump select an absolute war hawk for VP? Someone who was a fervent proponent of the Iraq war as well. And someone who uses aggressive rhetoric vs Russia frequently? Trump is 70, if something happens to him, Pence will be prez.

Wasn't it a top is general who said enforcing a no fly zone as Hilary wanted would cause war with Russia?

Hardly some scenario trump supporters dreampt up.

Yeah and I think McCain started barking at him so he had to kind of retract that too. It's clear that you can't carry on like the US and EU have been doing with situations like Syria, glad that so many can be confident that things will just carry on as normal though no matter how much countries like Russia and also China are encircled and pushed. Maybe at some point they'll just wave some white flags and the US/EU and NATO can take over China and Russia peacefully. All hail the mighty dollar. Then maybe they can refocus properly on bombing the arabs and the blacks in the Middle East and Africa for oil and minerals. That's not racist though.

I don't know who would've been Clintons vp so not easy to compare. I'm not an expert on pence but if the alternative is war monger clinton then what's to lose anyway?

If he's going to do the same things as Obama and bomb seven countries at once and carry out extra judicial killings the world over then lets do it with russia onside.

And let's have a leader who doesn't hide his racism and American exceptionalism.

I don't know who would've been Clintons vp so not easy to compare. I'm not an expert on pence but if the alternative is war monger clinton then what's to lose anyway?

If he's going to do the same things as Obama and bomb seven countries at once and carry out extra judicial killings the world over then lets do it with russia onside.

That's not what I asked though. Why do you think he chose a war hawk who is anti Russia?

And the Kremlin. There's more of you need it.

And yeah its more comforting to listen to retired generals and the kremlin than your reasoning provides. Wise as you are. Let's be cautious just to be in the safe side.

Would you rather see the US and russia at each others throats than cosying up then?

Your smearing rp as if he's pulled the idea out his arse betrays a lack of faith in your own position.

I'm not suggesting he's pulled anything out of his arse.  I'm suggesting that you both are responding to sensationalist agenda-driven attention seeking on the one side and mischief making on the other.  The fact is, neither Russia or the US is going to be firing nuclear weapons at each other over Syria.  No matter who is in charge.  

The other, quite separate point to make here is that you seem to be proferring Trump as the lesser of two evils.  I suspect the powers that be in the military are going to have their hands full having to dissuade Trump out of some of his random and contradictory outbursts.  That is of course until Trump either gets himself indicted or gets bored with the presidency and leaves it to his staff.  Trump believes in nothing.  He has virtually no span of attention.  He knows nothing about virtually everything.  He has never shown any inclination to learn about anything.  He can contradict himself in minutes, and take a 180 degree shift in direction without even batting an eyelid - in some cases I'm convinced he's not even aware he's done it, because he doesn't remember what he's said the previous day.  

I guess having him in charge is as close to anarchy as it's going to get for you, but while there will be people - saner, or just as insane but more logical, who will curb his madder outbursts/gut reactions etc - he will still be given space to do plenty that will negatively impact the lives of millions of people - most of whom will have voted for him.  

• Upvote 1

That's not what I asked though. Why do you think he chose a war hawk who is anti Russia?

You're asking me there a question that I can't answer quite honestly.

I don't know that pence is anti russia as I admittedly knew nothing about him and I don't know trumps motive for appointing him, i don't think it's false to say many of the options are limited given most the republicans turned their back on him. I don't think he's gonna find many pro Russian republicans if he tried.

Pence I think stayed supportive and ultimately it's down to Trump what he does and I'll judge him on that. I'm sure a lot of differences will be apparent policywise but pence has no authority over trump so it shouldn't matter if he's not doing the job trump wants then he won't be in the job Im sure.

I'm not projecting my hopes into trump here that's a basic assessment all Im doing is keeping an open mind. Something I didn't need to afford Hilary given her bloody trail.

Not sure why you pose the question it's irrelevant in the same way as all your other questions because the pretence is that they might act the same as Hilary therefore the American voters shouldv voted for Hilary.

You're asking me there a question that I can't answer quite honestly.

I don't know that pence is anti russia as I admittedly knew nothing about him and I don't know trumps motive for appointing him, i don't think it's false to say many of the options are limited given most the republicans turned their back on him. I don't think he's gonna find many pro Russian republicans if he tried.

Pence I think stayed supportive and ultimately it's down to Trump what he does and I'll judge him on that. I'm sure a lot of differences will be apparent policywise but pence has no authority over trump so it shouldn't matter if he's not doing the job trump wants then he won't be in the job Im sure.

I'm not projecting my hopes into trump here that's a basic assessment all Im doing is keeping an open mind. Something I didn't need to afford Hilary given her bloody trail.

Not sure why you pose the question it's irrelevant in the same way as all your other questions because the pretence is that they might act the same as Hilary therefore the American voters shouldv voted for Hilary.

Well, there are policies where they will be definitely worse than Clinton would have been, don't you agree?

" I'm suggesting that you both are responding to sensationalist agenda-driven attention seeking on the one side and mischief making on the other."

And you clinton supporters have not resorted to such things when it comes to Trump. En masse, to very ridiculous claims about trump and how bad he is but that war Hilary is an acceptable face of continued slaughter in third world countries and the unendable war on terror.

Yeah and I think McCain started barking at him so he had to kind of retract that too. It's clear that you can't carry on like the US and EU have been doing with situations like Syria, glad that so many can be confident that things will just carry on as normal though no matter how much countries like Russia and also China are encircled and pushed. Maybe at some point they'll just wave some white flags and the US/EU and NATO can take over China and Russia peacefully. All hail the mighty dollar. Then maybe they can refocus properly on bombing the arabs and the blacks in the Middle East and Africa for oil and minerals. That's not racist though.

That's just sensationalist nonsense.  China and Russia are not going to accede to the US and the UK.  They won't be made to.  I completely agree that the Wests adventures in the middle east, whether its murdering hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in some 'war' of their own making, or whether it's the setting up of the state of Israel, are absolutely despicable and I am ashamed to be associated with any of that shite.  I'd pull the military out of all of those countries immediately, and tell Israel it has to look after itself.  

"The other, quite separate point to make here is that you seem to be proferring hilary as the lesser of two evils. I suspect the powers that be in the military are going to have their hands full having to dissuade hilary out of some of his random and contradictory outbursts. That is of course until clinton either gets herself indicted or gets bored with the presidency and leaves it to her maid/daughter. Clinton believes in nothing. She has virtually no span of attention. He knows nothing about virtually everything. He has never shown any inclination to learn about anything. She can contradict herself in minutes, and take a 180 degree shift in direction without even batting an eyelid - in some cases I'm convinced she's not even aware he's done it, because he doesn't remember what he's said the previous day. "

Wake up sunshine.

" I'm suggesting that you both are responding to sensationalist agenda-driven attention seeking on the one side and mischief making on the other."

And you clinton supporters have not resorted to such things when it comes to Trump. En masse, to very ridiculous claims about trump and how bad he is but that war Hilary is an acceptable face of continued slaughter in third world countries and the unendable war on terror.

I think satirists and political commentators the world over are waiting for Trump to calm down enough for them to be able to make a comment or skit on him that is more outlandish, brutish, funnier and illogical than the stuff he spews out of his own gob.

"The other, quite separate point to make here is that you seem to be proferring hilary as the lesser of two evils. I suspect the powers that be in the military are going to have their hands full having to dissuade hilary out of some of his random and contradictory outbursts. That is of course until clinton either gets herself indicted or gets bored with the presidency and leaves it to her maid/daughter. Clinton believes in nothing. She has virtually no span of attention. He knows nothing about virtually everything. He has never shown any inclination to learn about anything. She can contradict herself in minutes, and take a 180 degree shift in direction without even batting an eyelid - in some cases I'm convinced she's not even aware he's done it, because he doesn't remember what he's said the previous day. "

Wake up sunshine.

A brave try, but that doesn't quite work that way, does it Dennis, unless you're trying to tell me that Clinton has less knowledge than Trump.

I'm not suggesting he's pulled anything out of his arse. I'm suggesting that you both are responding to sensationalist agenda-driven attention seeking on the one side and mischief making on the other. The fact is, neither Russia or the US is going to be firing nuclear weapons at each other over Syria. No matter who is in charge.

The other, quite separate point to make here is that you seem to be proferring Trump as the lesser of two evils. I suspect the powers that be in the military are going to have their hands full having to dissuade Trump out of some of his random and contradictory outbursts. That is of course until Trump either gets himself indicted or gets bored with the presidency and leaves it to his staff. Trump believes in nothing. He has virtually no span of attention. He knows nothing about virtually everything. He has never shown any inclination to learn about anything. He can contradict himself in minutes, and take a 180 degree shift in direction without even batting an eyelid - in some cases I'm convinced he's not even aware he's done it, because he doesn't remember what he's said the previous day.

I guess having him in charge is as close to anarchy as it's going to get for you, but while there will be people - saner, or just as insane but more logical, who will curb his madder outbursts/gut reactions etc - he will still be given space to do plenty that will negatively impact the lives of millions of people - most of whom will have voted for him.

So what's your problem again?

So long as he sticks to isolationism and you support people have the sovereign right to determine their leader then I have no reason to argue with you.

A brave try, but that doesn't quite work that way, does it Dennis, unless you're trying to tell me that Clinton has less knowledge than Trump.

Let me see. A woman who got where she is because of her husband versus a man who got where he is through inheritance.

Well she's been in politics for years and had ten times the budget (the support of the controlling party and most the mainstream media bar fox)to Trump and still lost the election.

Hmmm

• Downvote 1

I think satirists and political commentators the world over are waiting for Trump to calm down enough for them to be able to make a comment or skit on him that is more outlandish, brutish, funnier and illogical than the stuff he spews out of his own gob.

Yeah but that's true of most American presidents. Isn't it?

Obama got off lightly.

Let me see. A woman who got where she is because of her husband versus a man who got where he is through inheritance.

Well she's been in politics for years and had ten times the budget (the support of the controlling party and most the mainstream media bar fox)to Trump and still lost the election.

Hmmm

arrogance is not the same as intelligence.