You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm not sure Rico's absolute faith in the impartiality of Panorama is completely justified.

Still, they might run counter to previous form and do some actual honest journalism. We'll see. 

Posted again for feeling?  

Theres a list of his programmes too.  Which ones of those listed were wrong? 

You can tell Col they don’t do proper journalism.  

Not really sure what’s there for you to be outraged over?

“if you have any concerns, please raise it with us and/or external authorities as you see fit, please don’t selectively leak emails to the media, creating a misleading story, which led to a number of junior employees feeling bullied”

Is that really worth getting triggered by?

41 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Posted again for feeling?  

It's the first time that link has been posted.

Theres a list of his programmes too.  Which ones of those listed were wrong? 

The ones cited in the link.  Read it before commenting, otherwise you look a bit silly.

You can tell Col they don’t do proper journalism.  

I've no idea what you're talking about.  If your argument is "Panorama have done some really good journalism, therefore everything they ever do can be relied upon to be good journalism" then, again, you'll look a bit silly.  (The Daily Mail led the fight for justice in the Stephen Lawrence campaign; that doesn't mean I'd always trust them as great anti-racist campaigners.)

34 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Not really sure what’s there for you to be outraged over?

“if you have any concerns, please raise it with us and/or external authorities as you see fit, please don’t selectively leak emails to the media, creating a misleading story, which led to a number of junior employees feeling bullied”

Is that really worth getting triggered by?

If it can be used to fuel faux-outrage to badmouth Corbyn, then of course it's worth it.

Tory's gotta Tory.

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Here’s some stuff he’s done too;

According to the BBC, some of Ware's accomplishments while employed by the broadcaster include:[3]

• 1984, filming two Scotland Yard Flying Squadofficers in the act of setting up an armed robbery and his evidence led to their trial at the Old Bailey.
  • 1989, uncovering evidence that led first to the District Auditor and then the High Court to accuse Dame Shirley Porter of "gerrymandering" by attempting to rig the Westminster City Council's elections.
  • 1990, discovering an attempt by paratroopers in Belfast to cover up the unlawful shooting of joyriders.[7] However the murder conviction of the paratrooper, Lee Clegg, for this incident was ultimately quashed on appeal.[8]
  • 1996, reporting on human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia and how the Sharia courts sent an innocent young man to his death by public beheading.
  • 1997, discovering papers belonging to the Deputy Prime Minister showing that despite elections promises to the contrary, the new Labour government planned to privatise the London Underground within two months of taking office.
  • 1998, unearthing evidence showing that Deborah Parry, one of the two "Saudi Nurses" was innocent of murdering Yvonne Gilford in 1996.
  • 1998, securing evidence of secret price fixing deals between car dealers and three leading motor manufacturers, including Volvo which led to the Director General of Fair Trading John Bridgeman to accuse the Swedish car giant of "disgraceful" conduct, while pointing out that under the government's proposed new competition laws, the company could have been fined £70m.
  • 2000, reporting that in contravention of New Labour's strict contest rules, the party's General Secretary and her senior officials were responsible for leaking a confidential list of London party members to Downing Street's London Mayoral candidate Frank Dobson giving him an unfair advantage over rival candidate Ken Livingstone.

In 2012, Ware took voluntary redundancy from the BBC, but has continued with some freelance work.[1]Since leaving the BBC, he has published articles about its top management.[9][1

So basically an investigative journalist who has done nothing noteworthy other than being made redundant in 19 years.

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Not that I have any skin in the game, as I have no opinion about The Canary, but this seems a slightly unfair way of summarising a media outlet.

As he has also written for the Independent does that discredit the entire newspaper? 

You'd be hard pressed to find a paper/website that hasn't had an absolute tit writing for them at some point. In fact, I'd imagine every single newspaper currently has an anti-semite writing for them.

He’s been their main writer for years and they have published hundreds if not thousands of his articles after all his anti-semitic stuff was known about. If the Independent did the same and featured him regularly I’d absolutely say the same about them. But they don’t so it’s not a like-for-like comparison.

Wasn’t their editor on the David Icke show? The whole place is full of, at best, absolute cranks. 

12 hours ago, sir roger said:

The guy running the programme , John Ware ,  has won an 'award' for Islamophobia from the Council of Muslims , had the BBC pay libel damages for claiming a Palestinian charity was a front for terrorism , criticised ultra-orthodox Jewish people for not being supportive enough of Zionism and is already the subject of a complaint by Labour over a hatchet-piece on Corbyn in the run-up to the first leadership election.

I am sure it will be a fair & balanced piece on Wednesday.

The people who gave him the ‘award’ also gave it to the Charlie Hebdo staff.  After the attack of course, and joked they wouldn’t be around to accept it.  Nice lads.  

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

The people who gave him the ‘award’ also gave it to the Charlie Hebdo staff.  After the attack of course, and joked they wouldn’t be around to accept it.  Nice lads.  

What about the rest of the stuff that Sir Roger's listed there?

The man's got form for being a cunt.  Just because some people who once called him out are also cunts doesn't diminish that.

10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What about the rest of the stuff that Sir Roger's listed there?

The man's got form for being a cunt.  Just because some people who once called him out are also cunts doesn't diminish that.

He’s got form for having different views to you.  

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Seeing as portions of Ware's work seem distinctly Islamaphobic , I am sure AoT will be glad to be different,

Who can criticise Islam? No one. It’s impossible.  Anniversary of the tube attacks today.  Did you notice? 

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Any of the hundreds of your party's members whose banter has been waved through as they are  ' good lads ' and will be voting for our next prime minister as we speak.

Not my party.  I’m not a member of any party.