You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

It is fucking outrageous that we allow the conflation of support for a despicable state and antisemitism to be conflated and completely unchallenged by the right wing press. Sickening and cynical stuff.

I notice in the post above I didn't quite say conflation enough. So, conflation. Anyway, these right wing Israeli supporters piss me off no end.  On one hand moaning that people are not appalled by inhuman behaviour, while on the other actually supporting inhuman behaviour.  They can fuck off, the cunts.  I don't care whether they're Jewish, Church of England, Vegan, Vulcan, or Welsh.  They are fucking cunts and they can fuck off.

The Jewish organisation The Board Of Deputies are now "issuing demands" to Labour and Corbyn and are ramping up the rhetoric that Corbyn mightn't be up to the job of tackling the (alleged) problem of antisemitism in the Labour party and are using phrases like "leadership change."

Well, that's an entirely unexpected surprise...

Issuing demands? This has gone a bit Die Hard, are they going to demand the release of the nine members of Asian Dawn?

I’m finding this thread very easy to masturbate to.

#wrongkindofleft

I especially love how Labour's centrist MPs are routinely described as self-interested careerists when it's clear that the left is going to be in control of Labour for the foreseeable future, and therefore taking a stance that is critical of the leadership is, at best, going to doom them to a career on the backbenches and, at worst, see them deselected.

I suppose the idea that they have real concerns about certain elements within the party and that they're actually doing what they believe is right, irrespective of the obvious consequences for them personally, does not fit the narrative.

• Upvote 1

Newsnight scrambling around for certain backdrop ideas, bit of a tough one having Corbyn at Auschwitz because then that wouldn't depict him as a Holocaust denier. or something.

the right espouse and thought up 'Arbeit Macht Frei'. this particular offending Jewish organisation might do well to reflect on that when criticising the left of the Labour party and getting into bed with the Tories

I especially love how Labour's centrist MPs are routinely described as self-interested careerists when it's clear that the left is going to be in control of Labour for the foreseeable future, and therefore taking a stance that is critical of the leadership is, at best, going to doom them to a career on the backbenches and, at worst, see them deselected.

I suppose the idea that they have real concerns about certain elements within the party and that they're actually doing what they believe is right, irrespective of the obvious consequences for them personally, does not fit the narrative.

No, because I don't think that's what's happening here.  I honestly think that they are banking on the left crashing and burning with the aid of friends in the media and other spheres of influence.  I also think that Labour MPs who are only too ready to continue with a form of 'austerity' if they get to power are mealy mouthed fuckers who are only in it for themselves.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the right espouse and thought up 'Arbeit Macht Frei'. this particular offending Jewish organisation might do well to reflect on that when criticising the left of the Labour party and getting into bed with the Tories

Are you seriously comparing Tories to Nazis? That is genuinely ridiculous.

And the idea that Jews should shut up about anti-semitism on the left because of anti-semitism on the right isn't just ridiculous, but offensively stupid.

• Upvote 1

And the idea that Jews should shut up about anti-semitism on the left because of anti-semitism on the right isn't just ridiculous, but offensively stupid.

if what I said is offensively stupid to you, then I suppose i'll have to try and live with that.

this is all about certain vested interest elements trying to dismantle Corbyn, by any means necessary, in my opinion. everything surrounding this is just predictable white noise. be something else next week. like being a Kremlin stooge last week

Am I a Nazi? To be fair I do own a lot of Hugo Boss* supposed I should have noticed.

*not Boss Orange or Green either, the real stuff

There will be careerists on the left of the party as well. They may end up causing problems themselves. The difference between the left and the right in the party is that the left want to make it easier to remove and replace those people who don’t represent the party or the members how they should be doing. The right want to make it more difficult and it creates the problems we have in politics today and why it’s pretty much a closed shop.

I don’t believe for one second they aren’t doing what they believe in either. I just think what they believe in is doing anything necessary to stop the Labour Party being a left of centre party that acts in the interests of people and not the rich and big businesses. The funniest thing about it is just how fucking bad they are at it.

They seem to think it does.

It’s obviously a societal problem, not limited to Labour. But it does seem to have been ignored at the very least.

You bunch of racist cunts. Hope you all like getting punched.

There is no evidence that anti-Semitism is more prevalent in Labour than in other parties - quite the reverse - yet Labour is (as far as I'm aware) the only party which has taken action to combat it.

So, apart from the noise from the right-wing Corbyn-bashers, what is there to make anyone think that it has been "ignored at the very least"?

There is no evidence that anti-Semitism is more prevalent in Labour than in other parties - quite the reverse - yet Labour is (as far as I'm aware) the only party which has taken action to combat it.

So, apart from the noise from the right-wing Corbyn-bashers, what is there to make anyone think that it has been "ignored at the very least"?

It's also the only party that has constant scrutiny.

It's almost as if it's just an attempt to make the Labour party a party of centrist dog aids riddled 100 carrot cunts again.

No, because I don't think that's what's happening here.  I honestly think that they are banking on the left crashing and burning with the aid of friends in the media and other spheres of influence.

this is all about certain vested interest elements trying to dismantle Corbyn, by any means necessary, in my opinion.

This is all a bit New World Order for me.

I definitely don't think it's being ignored now but I don't think it's been taken as seriously in the past as it should have been, exemplified by Chakrabarti's ridiculous whitewash. I also think Labour needs to be better at dealing with unsavoury elements attracted by the legitimate cause of Palestinian rights. I also don't think voters care much about this issue, and it's unlikely to make a difference in an election outside a handful of marginals with substantial Jewish communities.

I definitely don't think it's being ignored now but I don't think it's been taken as seriously in the past as it should have been, exemplified by Chakrabarti's ridiculous whitewash. I also think Labour needs to be better at dealing with unsavoury elements attracted by the legitimate cause of Palestinian rights. I also don't think voters care much about this issue, and it's unlikely to make a difference in an election outside a handful of marginals with substantial Jewish communities.

Agree with all of that.

The plot to oust Corbyn stuff would sound a bit far fetched if we were dealing with any other group than the Israel lobby.

But, they're not a rational bunch. Let's not forget that we're dealing with a group of people here who tried to blacken the name of Channel 4's Jon Snow, labelling him an "antisemite" because he had the balls to narrate a video which highlighted the bombing and slaughter of children, as well as standing up to the Israeli Goebbels, the propagandist Mark Regev. For that, he was systematically attacked by interest groups like UK Media Watch and Honest Reporting.

The examples are too many to think that they wouldn't try to ruin Corbyn too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1