You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

That's fair but I don't think Karius had the intelligence to anticipate the overhead and was still moving to his left when Bale hit it.

I will defend karius on that goal. Our defence stood and ball watched. Cross came in with no challenge and 4 defenders stood static just watching bale size it up with no challenge offered.

I don't blame him at all for the overhead. Fantastic technique by Bale to get a foot on it and steer it goalwards but it could have gone anywhere. Nine times out of ten it sails harmlessly wide or high or into the keeper's arms but with our luck on Saturday it dipped over the keeper.

Bit of a joke people saying he could have got to Bales overhead. Bit like the same shit people blaming Lovren because he was not close enough to him.

Not really. I don't blame him for that but a top keeper saves it.

No idea why you've aimed that at me as I'm on board with replacing both keepers. I was responding to Anny's post which was itself a response to suggesting Mignolet wasn't a better option. Which he wasn't.

I read it to be about the fact that we still had no decent goalie after over two years in charge , but  hey ho all done and dusted now - onwards and upwards

Me. No. I am just an ordinary pensioner mate who loves his football and hates losing. But I do not see the point trying to say a top keeper saves the one goal many people recognise as brilliantly executed.

I clearly said a 'Top Keeper' saves it. Most wouldn't and I don't blame him for that goal. You are very argumentative on literally everything.

• Upvote 1

I clearly said a 'Top Keeper' saves it. Most wouldn't and I don't blame him for that goal. You are very argumentative on literally everything.

Ah here comes the agenda now. Argumentative. It is a discussion board and you seem to have a problem when I pointed out Ronaldo or Ronnie who really gives a toss scored an equally good goal against a top keeper like buffon. And your retort is I am a manc and argumentative. Good grief.

Ah here comes the agenda now. Argumentative. It is a discussion board and you seem to have a problem when I pointed out Ronaldo or Ronnie who really gives a toss scored an equally good goal against a top keeper like buffon. And your retort is I am a manc and argumentative. Good grief.

Run out of Werther's Originals today? Chin up.

• Upvote 1