You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 France

Iceland are typical minnow wankers with zero attacking intent, overly physical and protected by the referee.

I don't get the hype around commentators thinking that neutrals enjoy watching games ruined by negative tactics. It makes me want to see smaller number of teams in tournaments so at least it's two teams having s go at winning the games.

It's the European Championships, not the third round of the FA Cup.

You're agreeing with Cristiano Ronaldo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/14/cristiano-ronaldo-in-astonishing-attack-on-iceland-as-minnows-ma/

Have you had yourself checked for the AIDS?

What a prick

After the game, Ronaldo criticized his opponent for their style of play.

“Iceland only tried to defend ... they had two chances then did not try to score,” Ronaldo said, per Daily Mirror columnist Ed Maylon. “They celebrated like they had won the Euro cup or something. That's a small mentality. That's why they'll do nothing.”

Response

Posted Image

• Upvote 8

What a prick

After the game, Ronaldo criticized his opponent for their style of play.

“Iceland only tried to defend ... they had two chances then did not try to score,” Ronaldo said, per Daily Mirror columnist Ed Maylon. “They celebrated like they had won the Euro cup or something. That's a small mentality. That's why they'll do nothing.”

Response

Posted Image

Great reply.

Portugal have always been a collection of a few very good players,a few good players playing for top clubs,a few championship level players and one of the best players in the world,but one who will never be the actual best because of both Messi and ego the size of Steve Bruce's head.

The flat track bully was given a few digs back.

Iceland are typical minnow wankers with zero attacking intent, overly physical and protected by the referee.

I don't get the hype around commentators thinking that neutrals enjoy watching games ruined by negative tactics. It makes me want to see smaller number of teams in tournaments so at least it's two teams having s go at winning the games.

It's the European Championships, not the third round of the FA Cup.

Iceland were direct and aggressive and didn't bottle what was a huge national event with 10% of their population in the stadium. Some of their passing was great and they should have taken the lead in the first half.

I enjoyed it more than the vast bulk of games so far. That minor Tolkien-character captain was hilarious, knocking the Golden Boy over a few seconds into the match. It was hardly a surprise that Portugal were unwilling to fight for a victory. And Sigurdsson's a classy footballer, shame we didn't get him as Rodgers' first signing.

What are you suggesting, anyway? That they consign themselves to certain defeat by trying to play to a particular aesthetic?

• Upvote 1

There's nothing like watching that preening twat drag out his look at me build-up to a free kick, with the commentator going "Oooh, he's doing his gunslinger stance so he's definitely going to score", before slamming it straight into the defensive wall 99 times out of every 100.

Thought it was bang out of order the ref didn't let him just keep taking them until he scored at the end, mind. I'm sure he'd have played it down, kept his shirt on and not acted like he'd won the Euro Cup had he done so.

Looking at some of the ruckus from yesterday between England and Russian fans, my eyes were drawn to one particular fan. It took me a while to figure out that he was wearing Diadoras. I hadn't even realised they were back in. So thumbs up to that man for bringing them back, if only for the summer.

• Upvote 3

Got to laugh at the biased coverage of the fighting.  It's all English fans, Russian thugs hooligans.

The same England fans that have caused trouble at every international tournament they've been at.  Only difference now is they're getting their fat arses kicked by a nation of men that take care of their bodies and pride themselves in their strength.

Got to laugh at the biased coverage of the fighting.  It's all English fans, Russian thugs hooligans.

The same England fans that have caused trouble at every international tournament they've been at.  Only difference now is they're getting their fat arses kicked by a nation of men that take care of their bodies and pride themselves in their strength.

Finally the communist dream of crushing the fat lazy capitalist pigs is realized! 

Ref of the round? That's a new one!

Ck-9vUUWgAA-xu_.jpg

He's a fucking shit ref, gets things consistently wrong and I reckon he only gets big games so commentators can say "he doesn't need to be ref you know, he's a millionaire" "just does it for the love of the game" etc. Or he's a bent twat that likes to be centre of attention

It's definitely noticeable that the refs are letting more go and keeping the game flowing a lot more. Not always the case of course but I think the majority of the time, and it was noticeable at the last World Cup too. Collina is in charge of the refs for UEFA (and maybe FIFA too) so it might be his influence at play here as he never seemed to be especially whistle-happy when he was a referee.

Guest Pistonbroke

Excellent retort by Kari Arnason, spot on.

I reckon the only people to like Ronaldo are himself and Funeeee, who probably puts a big dollop of Brylcreem in the palm of his hand before tugging off to his Christiano 7 collection. 

It would be excellent if those diving twats Portugal get knocked out at the group stage and the greasy tumbler is responsible for their downfall by getting sent off. The flood of tears could be catastrophic for the people of France mind.