You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke away 9/8/2015

aRdja

Guest Super Sub

Fuckin get in, a bit shit but a win is all that counts. Benteke did well with no real support. The team that finished the game would be my team to start v Bournemouth. Our midfield just looks better when Can is there.

We did look a lot better once Can came on.

Benteke worked hard for the team the whole game, that alone will make a big difference over the course of the season. I'm afraid he'll wither on the vine offensively up there on this own, however.

Milner and Henderson were much too static together. We only got moving when Can came on and Milner went out wider a bit, freed up some space. Firmino has bags of skill.

Wonder strike from COutinho won it, it's happened before. Before the goal we had one shot on goal.

Clyne looked nervy as fuck for the first 20 mins but wasn't hiding. Gomez did well but the best 3 players were Skrtel, Lovren and Mignolet.

Made up with that for a start though. Showed Rodgers isn't too proud and changed our way of playing. It was a poor game because both teams just didn't want to get beat. We looked hard to breakdown and it bodes well for the season.

A collymoreesque debut goal but this time from our player of the year of last season. Can for Lallana changed the dynamics. Can't wait for Firminho to start. Lovren did well. What's up with Sakho?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Downvote 1

Amazing moment of magic, gives us a hard earned difficult win and revenge.

I agree with Phoenix, we have endless work to do on how to integrate Benteke and Firmino to our game.

Ibe and Clyne look class. Gomez is not a LB ffs.

As I was expecting it since we signed him, Milner looked boss. He got endlessly kicked and the referee and linesman ignored two three serious fouls on him.

Could someone enlighten me as to who was the one that cleared a dangerous counter around 75th minute, a ball through our box? Was it Lovren, Can or Skrtel? I almost fainted when I saw the ball but thankfully someone stepped and cleared it.

Skrtel, I think.

Yeah baby!

Best way to start the season. Still some work to be done, but that goal! Coutinho's making it a habit of scoring worldies. If today was a shit day for him, I'd take that every week.

Benteke too isolated, did well to handle the rough treatment allowed on him by the daft cunt in black, we really need to try and involve him more in the game.

Gomez looked a bit green, but anyone can see that there's a good player in there.

Lovren played decently. No, really, he did. Looked a bit nervous at times, but that's understandable due to the shit he caused last season.

How the FUCK does Affelay not get a booking for an elbow to Ibes face five minutes after Lovren gets one for the same thing?

Mason... cunt...

3 very welcome points and that is the most important thing - Rodgers needs to work out the striker situation though one up front does not work and i can't believe he hasn't learnt that after last season and the meagre goal return we got playing like that

We played shite which means I can blame the manager for getting his tactics wrong. Lallana had a shit game, which also makes me happy since I don't like the manager, or him. Coutinho scored a worldie which makes me happy because I like him and he wasn't a Rodgers signing.

Great day all around. Sets us up nicely for a week of petty point-making and score-settling. 

• Upvote 12

I fucking loved that.

We were never going to be at full flow with it being the first game of the season. However we showed some fight which was seriously lacking at the tail end of last year.

We've only won once there in the last 7 visits so to come away with the 3 points was fantastic.

Big shouts to Milner and Lovren.

• Upvote 1

Guest Super Sub

Definitely. He always wants the ball and usually moves us forward with it. We showed much greater urgency once he was on. I'd have him in for Henderson next time out based on today.

We looked clueless and never once looked like scoring until Can came on that one change proved to make more of a threat on goal.