You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Labour Leadership Contest

The Next Labour Leader  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to cunt Cameron in the bastard?

• Liz Kendall - she invented mintcake.
    • Andy Burnham - such sadness in those eyes
    • Yvette Cooper - uses her maiden name because she doesn't want to be called "I've ate balls"
    • Jeremy Corbyn - substitute geography teacher

More on that purge....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11814064/LabourPurge-Corbyn-supporters-hit-out-after-being-blocked-from-voting-in-leadership-election.html

By Helena Horton

12:45PM BST 20 Aug 2015

Furious supporters of Left-wing candidate complain of being 'unfairly' banned from the Labour Party

Supporters of Labour MP Jeremy Corbyn have accused the party of "purging" them in an effort to halt the Left-wing candidate's surge towards victory in the party leadership contest.

New membership applications being made ahead of the leadership vote are being vetted by Labour staff to block those who have previously declared support for other parties and their candidates, including on social media.

The complaints of a so-called #LabourPurge come after The Telegraph disclosed that panicked moderate MPs are in discussions over how to overthrow Corbyn if he is elected next month.

Hattie Craig, a 22-year-old University of Birmingham graduate, was banned from the Labour party after voting for Corbyn, and thinks that the Blairites in the party are trying to rig the election:

"I joined the day Jeremy Corbyn got on the ballot, I received my membership pack and card, and I'd already voted online for Corbyn."

"I was banned because 'We have reason to believe that you do not support the aims and values of the Labour Party or you are a supporter of an organisation opposed to the Labour Party and therefore we are rejecting your application."

She continued: "I feel very angry and confused. Sure, I've been critical of the Labour leadership in the past, but so are lots of people who are members. I think this is a last ditch attempt by Blairites who are losing control to desperately cling onto power by trying to prevent Corbyn from winning."

"I think the Labour Party are pushing away the very people that they should be trying to win back and it's going to turn lots of potential members and voters against them, as well as undermine the result of the leadership election."

One man is compiling a database of those who feel they have fallen foul of the party organisation:

The outrage has lead some to question the election process:

And others to mock it:

A Labour Party spokesperson told the Telegraph: “The Labour Party has a robust system to prevent fraudulent or malicious applications. All applications to join the Labour Party as a member, affiliate or supporter are verified and those who are identified by our verification team as being candidates, members or supporters of another political party will be denied a vote.”

If you have been denied a vote it appears there is a place to report it so they can check the extent of what Labour are doing.

Matt Beresford

@BeresfordMatt

If you've been part of #Labourpurge please let us know via bit.ly/1NwYPkR or by mailing Labourpurge@outlook.com @GeorgeMonbiot

11:04am - 20 Aug 15

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q9JNK5YkqVYEys8IADhanWJuUlX7I-8BeiciMGQZeiA/viewform

#Labourpurge if you have been told u can't vote ring 08450922299. Many pple R being sent an email by mistake

Really needs quotation marks around "by mistake" there.

Bit shitty if you have to pay through the arse for an 0845 number because of someone else's screw up too. Almost seems as if the powers that be are trying to make a hash of the whole thing.

• Downvote 1

This is his blog:

https://wirralinittogether.wordpress.com/

Much of it appears to be ripping the shit out of Labour-run Wirral council. Not a surprise that they've seen their arse over it.

A quick glance suggests he's more interested in exposing abuses by council officers - not Labour Councillors.

Also, plenty of stuff about Cameron's lies over Syria and Brittan's involvement in the child abuse cover-up.

Hardly qualifies him as an enemy of the Labour party, does it?

• Upvote 1