You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Just a quick point from that argument and were it contradicts itself.

It states after Brexit ,no deal, it will be almost impossible to export meal with the ease at which it is done at the present. Producers will be left with products.

Further on it then reports that we will be dependent upon antibiotic tainted substandard meat from the US.

Why would we import shit when we have an available supply.

I’m not doubting meat exporters will suffer with market loss due to increase admin but why would we start to import meat.

For non meat imports we would imply incorporate the current standards into UK law but not overseen by EU courts.

Makes little sense that article even if I do understand the concerns.

Just a quick point from that argument and were it contradicts itself.

It states after Brexit ,no deal, it will be almost impossible to export meal with the ease at which it is done at the present. Producers will be left with products.

Further on it then reports that we will be dependent upon antibiotic tainted substandard meat from the US.

Why would we import shit when we have an available supply.

I’m not doubting meat exporters will suffer with market loss due to increase admin but why would we start to import meat.

For non meat imports we would imply incorporate the current standards into UK law but not overseen by EU courts.

Makes little sense that article even if I do understand the concerns.

Cost, I should imagine

Will be a lot cheaper

Patrick Minford, the Brexit economist of choice has said he expects British Industry and Agriculture to be wiped out but that's a price worth paying.

Cost, I should imagine

Will be a lot cheaper

Patrick Minford, the Brexit economist of choice has said he expects British Industry and Agriculture to be wiped out but that's a price worth paying.

Then we get what we deserve. If we kill our farming industry to import shite then hey ho.

Then we find out the true aspirations of a lot of leave voters.

Self sustaining agriculture and fisheries was one of the big deals ‘apparently’. Decent meat and fish will cost more it always has.

Just guilty of positivity if the face of continued unrelenting fucking negativity.

Yes it could all go to shit. But it maybe it won’t. You tend to get what you wish for in my experience.

Under the tories?

Your experience differs massively from mine.

Just guilty of positivity if the face of continued unrelenting fucking negativity.

Yes it could all go to shit. But it maybe it won’t. You tend to get what you wish for in my experience.

Should have written that on the fucking bus

In my opinion any massive change for the country which will cost untold billions should, at a bare minimum, have provable, tangible benefits to the majority of the population.

Brexit fails this badly...it might turn out ok in the end isn't acceptable and isn't good enough

We're basically taking a punt on something that is being pushed by vermin such as fat Johnson, Grove, Farage and that odious and self serving midget Rees-Mogg

If we can leave the EU with an agreement to maintain the best possible level of free trade with workable customs. Get out of the political system. Regain controls over fishing and agriculture, primacy of UK courts. Tighter control of free movement and ability to trade more with the rest of the world I’ll be delighted. That’s what I voted for. Non of the other shit.

If we leave on a non deal basis or thereabouts we have been lied to and should be asked to ratify the referendum. At that point I would have to vote against.

No way will a no deal go through without a confrontation vote of some sorts by the people.

If we can leave the EU with an agreement to maintain the best possible level of free trade with workable customs. Get out of the political system. Regain controls over fishing and agriculture, primacy of UK courts. Tighter control of free movement and ability to trade more with the rest of the world I’ll be delighted. That’s what I voted for. Non of the other shit.

If we leave on a non deal basis or thereabouts we have been lied to and should be asked to ratify the referendum. At that point I would have to vote against.

No way will a no deal go through without a confrontation vote of some sorts by the people.

This is an interesting read and the more I think of it a likely outcome

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2018/07/28/the-road-to-no-deal-brexits-rubiks-cube-may-simply-be-too-difficult/

Can you outline what the 'other shit' is so we can distinguish between your vision for Brexit and that of the nutters?

Can you outline what the 'other shit' is so we can distinguish between your vision for Brexit and that of the nutters?

Leaving and stopping immigration at all costs.

Fuck jobs, fuck long held relationships, fuck security, fuck research, fuck nuclear safety, fuck cross border intelligence sharing so long as no more foreigners come here and claim the dole.

That shit.

Leaving and stopping immigration at all costs.

Fuck jobs, fuck long held relationships, fuck security, fuck research, fuck nuclear safety, fuck cross border intelligence sharing so long as no more foreigners come here and claim the dole.

That shit.

Name one Brexiteer who says they want to fuck jobs etc. NB Johnson's 'fuck business' comment is supported by Leavers on both the right and left.

Name one Brexiteer who says they want to fuck jobs etc. NB Johnson's 'fuck business' comment is supported by Leavers on both the right and left.

I’m sure a lot of Brexit supporters believe foreigners are stealing all the jobs, and claiming child support at the same time and sending it home.

Were you actually lied to? Or did they just paint an appealing, imaginary, picture that you fell for?

Never fell for anything. Oh sorry forgot. Remain voters are more intelligent than us stupid racist leave voters.

I’ve wanted to leave the EU since before it was fashionable. It’s a point of principle.

Dissolution of power and authority. I’d break up Westminster’s power and devolve tons of it to regional assemblies.

I voted for Scottish independence but we lost that one.

London’s priorities are not the same as Cumbria. Any more than Greece’s are to Shetland.

Never fell for anything. Oh sorry forgot. Remain voters are more intelligent than us stupid racist leave voters.

I’ve wanted to leave the EU since before it was fashionable. It’s a point of principle.

Dissolution of power and authority. I’d break up Westminster’s power and devolve tons of it to regional assemblies.

I voted for Scottish independence but we lost that one.

London’s priorities are not the same as Cumbria. Any more than Greece’s are to Shetland.

What if London get pissed off funding Cumbria?

Does it not tell you that there is something amiss here. Rotting fruit but food shortages? No chance.

Do you thing the mighty tesco et al will simply say sorry we have no stock. Not a chance.

They will not sacrifice stock value / investor confidence and roll over.

The shelves will be full.

They may even relish the opportunity to raise prices. Good business finds a way. Economics page 1. Supply and demand.

Have you ever bought fruit and veg from Tesco? You're lucky to find any that was grown in this hemisphere.

Economics page 1 - where the producers and the workers have very little power, the multinational retailers buy at exploitative prices and sell on for inflated profits.

Stripped of EU rights, UK workers (if we keep a Tory Government) will be similarly powerless and exploited.

Half of the electorate voted for this.