You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

45 million bid by City and 200k wages for Sterling.

Looks like operation swap Sterling for Benteke is imminent.

Given the release clause in Bentekes contract I think it's very important we don't send you into the negotiations if you call that a swap.

Given the release clause in Bentekes contract I think it's very important we don't send you into the negotiations if you call that a swap.

Really minus the 20% for Qpr and us making Benteke one of the highest paid players at the club on at least 100k.

I would say by the way owners measure contracts wages and transfers according to those on here. They will have spent more rather less so I was being generous right.

Guest Super Sub

How times have changed how the mighty have fallen.

Hark back to the days where our club weren't in the game of selling our best players and then spending the money on below par replacements. Fair play Sterling is a cunt so let's get shut, but the fact we are in all likely going to buy Benteke puts me on a downer. The club should not spend. Penny over £25 million on him and that's being generous.

• Upvote 1

us making Benteke one of the highest paid players at the club on at least 100k.

Absolute fucking insanity if they pay him £200k a week. That would make him one of the top 10 highest earners in the sport when he isn't in the world's top 50 on current ability.

The way the internet works

The way the internet works

Benteke already on 60k at Villa I doubt he is moving to Liverpool for the same money.

You would expect a £32.5 player who according to cuppatea is prolific to get 100k wages right?.

As for Sterling people tend to get very well paid at Manchester City they offered Milner 150k so that would prob be the starting spot for negotiations. 

Not the internet it's football right.

Can't wait to read the headlines when he's gone.

'I loved Liverpool, but Rogers disrespected me.'

In the Ayre tonight - kop bosses and Gerrard's shared love of Phil Collins left hip-hop lovers jiving solo raps Sterling.

'Ox-tale coup' pal Chaimberlaim lifts lid on Raheem's abuse from the haters

• Upvote 2

Reject £45m.

If it is 45m there better be 5m in add ons guarenteed, no sense in giving in to them now with weeks left in the window and it will not help in future negotiations if we accept less then what was asked for.

Not only do city need homegrown players they need to sign a big money player to keep their fans happy, Pogba and the Belgian guy looks unlikely for them so Sterling is their main target, they'll pay up.