You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton v Liverpool Match Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I havent destroyed my own argument one jot. I could explain but a fucking superfan simpleton like you would probably be hard pushed to follow some simple logic.

Yes, you did. You essentially told me to fuck off for saying "undeserved but, 3 pts, who cares" before making the same statement yourself by pointing out how the mancs have been successfully doing the exact same thing for years. I suggest a place where you can carry on this argument, you'll fit right in.

• Upvote 4

Yes, you did. You essentially told me to fuck off for saying "undeserved but, 3 pts, who cares" before making the same statement yourself by pointing out how the mancs have been successfully doing the exact same thing for years. I suggest a place where you can carry on this argument, you'll fit right in.

You should follow your own advice and stop being the superfan.

Am I the only one that thinks the tackle on sterling was a penalty? It's OK to scythe someone down from behind as long as you get a touch on the ball first?!

Nah, I thought it was a pen all day. rooney got one based just on 'intent' against preston.

Their only shout was allen's reckless challenge. Id have wanted that if it had been down their end.

Am I the only one that thinks the tackle on sterling was a penalty? It's OK to scythe someone down from behind as long as you get a touch on the ball first?!

I was thinking that as well, perfectly fine to kill someone in the box as long as you get the ball first apparently.

In fairness, I reckon both teams were denied one penalty today.

...or maybe you should check out the meaning of superfan for yourself. I still don't see how acknowledging that we weren't the better team makes me or anyone else a superfan, compared to those in denial of it.

Says the man who suggests via you tube I continue the argument somewhere else. Talk about destroying your own argument. Yeah you know all about that and chucking your superfan shit around.

Anyway, Im bored with your drivel. So why not go back and wait for more undeserved wins, eh?

Says the man who suggests via you tube I continue the argument somewhere else. Talk about destroying your own argument. Yeah you know all about that and chucking your superfan shit around.

Anyway, Im bored with your drivel. So why not go back and wait for more undeserved wins, eh?

Destroying my own argument? Superfan? You've made around five posts, none football-related, just a bunch of insults even a five year old would find cringeworthy. I guess you just don't have a very good grasp of the english language, I have no other explanation for your confusion about my "undeserved but 3 pts, who cares" post, to which you've produced the stunningly insightful contribution of "fuck off".

• Upvote 1

Great result, shit performance. Play like that against City and they'll have another Newcastle scoreline.

I don't want to see Sterling stuck upfront on his own every again.

We've a good chance of finishing 4th now this season, no lower than we should have anyway due to how shite the competition actually is this season.

sterling up front has helped turn around our season and looks like he ll be the one to play up top when sturridge needs left out.

still doesnt trust balotelli and I dont blame him. Hes only ever looked good off the bench.

Markovic got the run around the entire first half, Lovren was equally clueless in the first half, although he picked it up in the second. Joe Allen was entirely anonymous which is becoming a regular theme, likewise Lallana.

The thing i find most worrying is the way our midfield was completely bypassed when they attacked, there were periods in the second half were Wanayama and Schneiderlin just ran through our midfield with minimal effort and they were passing the ball to Mane 30 yards on the floor without a single one of our players intercepting it.

It was a great result, but it was more helped by Mignolet and Skrtel's excellence and a hefty dose of luck than by any semblance of a performance. Play like that against City and they'll take us to the cleaners.

Markovic got the run around the entire first half, Lovren was equally clueless in the first half, although he picked it up in the second. Joe Allen was entirely anonymous which is becoming a regular theme, likewise Lallana.

The thing i find most worrying is the way our midfield was completely bypassed when they attacked, there were periods in the second half were Wanayama and Schneiderlin just ran through our midfield with minimal effort and they were passing the ball to Mane 30 yards on the floor without a single one of our players intercepting it.

It was a great result, but it was more helped by Mignolet and Skrtel's excellence and a hefty dose of luck than by any semblance of a performance. Play like that against City and they'll take us to the cleaners.

You ll be for city next week I take it

Anonymity is one of the surefirest ways of getting mentioned in a match thread. Even though, I did think Lallana outplayed him in that particular aspect today.

That doesn't make any sense.

Allen wasn't even poor by any standards, he just seems to be the escape goat.

That doesn't make any sense.

Allen wasn't even poor by any standards, he just seems to be the escape goat.

What doesn't make sense? Being anonynous in a game IS one of the best ways of getting mentioned in a match thread. Many eamples of that in previous threads.

And, I never said he was poor, don't put words in my mouth (even though he actually was quite underwhelming). Just sounds like you wanted to write something purely for disagreement purposes.

What doesn't make sense? Being anonynous in a game IS one of the best ways of getting mentioned in a match thread. Many eamples of that in previous threads.

And, I never said he was poor, don't put words in my mouth (even though he actually was quite underwhelming). Just sounds like you wanted to write something purely for disagreement purposes.

I actually don't think you know what the word 'anonymous' means. Also, my second sentence was a general statement rather than aimed directly at you