You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

I see we're being outed as one of the ten clubs voting against the deal with the EFL for funding, but there is no context in the reporting save saying several clubs are exploring legal action against the government should any regulator try to force a deal through (last bit from The Mail).

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/12/government-angry-premier-league-reject-efl-support-plan

This 'starboy' nonsense 

Even the fucking BBC  doing it now. Its gone to far and needs to be stopped. 

We make a exception for 3 Stacks and his studs but this is worse. Graham Rix behaviour 

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

This 'starboy' nonsense 

Even the fucking BBC  doing it now. Its gone to far and needs to be stopped. 

We make a exception for 3 Stacks and his studs but this is worse. Graham Rix behaviour 

What the fuck is a 'starboy'?

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The semi-finals are played at Wembley, aren’t they?

Unfortunately yes.

The headline was in relation to the QF result though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know where to put this so here will do. A book of interviews with every living (then) World Cup final goal scorer and Geoff Hurst is in it. When he stopped playing he became an insurance salesman but it didn't go well. A hatrick scoring World Cup winner peddling car insurance. Quite the contrast with today.  

Fulham are building some sort of Love Island style Villa with a pool in to their Stadium!

Swimming pool in Craven Cottage’s Riverside Stand (Fulham Football Club)

Marco Silva has welcomed Fulham’s audacious plans to revamp the matchday hospitality experience at Craven Cottage, which will feature a rooftop swimming pool.

The new Riverside Stand, which is already part-open to Fulham fans, is set to become the home of the club’s hospitality packages. The first photo concepts were released on Wednesday, including a CGI photo of the new ‘Sky Deck’, complete with a swimming pool.

(Fulham Football Club)

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

All these players & managers geeing the crowd up & I include a few of ours in this.

Fucking pathetic behaviour.

Said the same thing, myself, last month.

It also seems really performative, now.

“Oh look how much I care”

Focus on your fucking job dickhead.

On 10/03/2024 at 23:28, Kevin D said:

Players and fans gesturing to the crowd to raise is everywhere now.

Winds me up.

Millionaires telling working class people that they’re unhappy at the noise.

Do your job and the atmosphere will increase. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Said the same thing, myself, last month.

It also seems really performative, now.

“Oh look how much I care”

Focus on your fucking job dickhead.

Aye.

Mason Mount doing it there after earning a couple of million pound for doing fuck all for months on end. Twat.

It's one thing I certainly won't miss about Klopp.

10 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye.

Mason Mount doing it there after earning a couple of million pound for doing fuck all for months on end. Twat.

It’s bizarre to me that he’s spent the last 9 years turning up to his job and arguing with people in the main stand.

We did think it was weird before, but then he won all those trophies, so we started pretending it was completely normal behaviour.

6 hours ago, Mook said:

Aye.

I think with Klopp that it's a genuine ploy to inspire the players and keep the atmosphere high. He did it at Dortmund too. You often hear big lulls in English crowds whereas the constant 'buzz' is helpful to our players,in home games at least. Klopp gets a pass on that but players are just using it as an act.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think with Klopp that it's a genuine ploy to inspire the players and keep the atmosphere high. He did it at Dortmund too. You often hear big lulls in English crowds whereas the constant 'buzz' is helpful to our players,in home games at least. Klopp gets a pass on that but players are just using it as an act.

No pass from me, he should be managing the team, not the paying supporters.

11 hours ago, Kevin D said:

It’s bizarre to me that he’s spent the last 9 years turning up to his job and arguing with people in the main stand.

We did think it was weird before, but then he won all those trophies, so we started pretending it was completely normal behaviour.

Have you seen the people in the Main Stand? Think he's perfectly justified to be honest...