You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

I think we should get 8 to 10 points from those games.

We'll do well to get a point off manchester united but doubt it so will discount that game. arse will come at us and they've shown they can be wobbly on the road. I think we'll sneak a win. We really should win at burnley. In fact I'll be disappointed if we dont. swansea at home I think we'll labour to a draw. leicester at home I think we'll win.

I think we should get 8 to 10 points from those games.

We'll do well to get a point off manchester united but doubt it so will discount that game. arse will come at us and they've shown they can be wobbly on the road. I think we'll sneak a win. We really should win at burnley. In fact I'll be disappointed if we dont. swansea at home I think we'll labour to a draw. leicester at home I think we'll win.

I admire your optimism but we dont look like scoring much.

7 goals in 8 home league games so far is pretty embarrassing and is lower half of the table form.

Was interested to hear rumours of Demba Ba on the transfer gossip rumour mill. This is the type of player we could easily have signed in the summer,but didn't.

I agree we dont look like scoring often. But you have to hope that the shiteness will stop.

Would chelsea have sold ba to us and not at a silly price? Who knows.? To be honest, I expected balotelli to have scored a t least a couple in the league by now and sturridge not being out so long.

Those are the breaks and you have to deal with them. Unfortunately, we havent and find ourselves where we are.

I'll take 1-0 wins in each of those games I think \ hope we'll win.

It's the lack of goals that could end up killing off our season really as we're beginning to look like we might have found a way of stop shipping so many goals . If we had Sturridge available going into the Manc and Arsenal games I'd be confident we could take 4 points maybe even 6 from those games. 

As it stands with either Lambert or Balotelli(who probably won't be available anyway) I can't see us winning those games. 

I wonder could playing on the counter work, drop Lambert and go with Sterling as the front man. 

I agree we dont look like scoring often. But you have to hope that the shiteness will stop.

Would chelsea have sold ba to us and not at a silly price? Who knows.? To be honest, I expected balotelli to have scored a t least a couple in the league by now and sturridge not being out so long.

Those are the breaks and you have to deal with them. Unfortunately, we havent and find ourselves where we are.

I'll take 1-0 wins in each of those games I think \ hope we'll win.

I did say 'like' so maybe not literally Ba but somebody with his experience who actually knows how to score.

Even if we have a bad period over the next few games sacking Rodgers before the end of the season makes no sense.I have confidence he can turn it around when we get sturridge back or sign a good striker, if you think back to a year ago big Sam was under big pressure because west ham were struggling mainly down to a lack of a goal threat, the whu board stuck with him and when he added that goal threat he has been a success.

Guest davelfc

Even if we have a bad period over the next few games sacking Rodgers before the end of the season makes no sense.I have confidence he can turn it around when we get sturridge back or sign a good striker, if you think back to a year ago big Sam was under big pressure because west ham were struggling mainly down to a lack of a goal threat, the whu board stuck with him and when he added that goal threat he has been a success.

Sturridge going to play in goal too? Nobody denies he's missed but the issues we have had for a while have not been addressed even though we've spent good money in the summer. 

This mythical Sturridge is going to save the planet when he returns. I think a lot of people are in for a shock.

The truth about Brendan Rodgers falls somewhere in between 'the guard of honour' and 'favourite for the sack.'

All his faults(our defensive failings) and strengths(quality attacking play) were still there in April and May when chasing the title. The major difference is that he was given a massive transfer chest in the summer and the players are either,pure crap so far or sitting on the bench. This is the main dynamic which has changed and he cannot complain too much considering most managers would kill for the transfer budget he had.

I have to say that I think our spending,although stupidly OTT on individuals,was pretty decent and I expect most to come good.

Ironically,it may take another manager to get the best out of Rodgers transfers.

The irony is that any new manager wont bother. He'll start again ;-)

There's been a bit of speculation in the press and on the radio about AVB, but I suspect your manc mates are just having a laugh at the possibility of that happening.

I'd be staggered, truly staggered if Liverpool went for him after Rodgers.

There are far better managers than him who'd bite your hand off to come to Liverpool.

There's been a bit of speculation in the press and on the radio about AVB, but I suspect your manc mates are just having a laugh at the possibility of that happening.

I'd be staggered, truly staggered if Liverpool went for him after Rodgers.

There are far better managers than him who'd bite your hand off to come to Liverpool.

The worrying thing is it matches what they looked at when appointing the new manager last time.

Rodgers - Martinez -  Villas Boas must all be of a similiar age.

Id also say very much controllable as well, not like say an experienced manager with trophies and clout.

What if he brought Hulk with him? I can't see it either, and want it even less, but the only 'sense' in the rumour is if he gets Zenit through to the knockout stages and we get bounced into the El. It's a results business, with an ever shortening memory - that goes for everybody.

The worrying thing is it matches what they looked at when appointing the new manager last time.

Rodgers - Martinez -  Villas Boas must all be of a similiar age.

Id also say very much controllable as well, not like say an experienced manager with trophies and clout.

I agree, but there was a sense of logic the first time around... they'd gone for a fans favourite, who had a great track record (albeit some time ago).

Then they went for a well known quantity in Hodgson.

They they went down the 'young talent and give him time route'... which most people believed was a valid approach, even if they might have preferred one of the big names. 

I just don't think they'd attempt it again right after Rodgers. I think they might be tempted to go all out for a big name (or the biggest name they could attract)

I agree, but there was a sense of logic the first time around... they'd gone for a fans favourite, who had a great track record (albeit some time ago).

Then they went for a well known quantity in Hodgson.

They they went down the 'young talent and give him time route'... which most people believed was a valid approach, even if they might have preferred one of the big names.

I just don't think they'd attempt it again right after Rodgers. I think they might be tempted to go all out for a big name (or the biggest name they could attract)

No they didn't

FSG are learning the hard way. They rewarded Rodgers with a fat new contract - does anybody really think it didn't include control of transfers, ffs, after all he'd already said about it - and are now learning that one swallow does not a summer make, although it does make for a second date.

They're not going to eat another contract; they'll sell up before that happens.