You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

Big clubs (competing in Europe largely):
-Sturridge
-Coutinho
-Sakho 
-Can
-Balotelli 
-Markovic
-Moreno
-Manquillo
-Ilori
-Toure
-Yesil
-Bellamy
-Suarez

~£115m

Mid table/mediocre clubs:
-Lallana
-Lovren
-Lambert
-Mignolet
-Aspas
-Allen
-Borini
-Assaidi
-Downing
-Henderson
-Adam
-Enrique
-Carroll

~£180m

Took this off another site as I found it interesting, we seem to have a lot more hits when we buy players from big clubs.

I dont think its a coincidence and this tells us we should be focusing more on players with big talent not getting chances at top clubs over good players who are having a good run of form in smaller teams.

• Downvote 1

Wait, you mean better players play for bigger clubs? Holy state the obvious Batman!

Other clubs like arsenal and spurs are good at signing players from smaller clubs while judging by the players listed overall we are not.

Whether that be down to judging players wrongly or players from smaller clubs crumbling under the pressure here while players from bigger clubs are used to it I dont know.

We are not getting it right going for good players from smaller clubs for whatever reason so we should concentrate going down the route of getting players who were being touted as stars from their teens but have had issues at their clubs for whatever reason, those kind of signings are working for us in most cases.

Apparently we showed an interest in loaning Song but he wanted to go to London. Fuck him, can't believe the cunt didn't get booked today by that other cunt Marriner.

We won't be signing anyone so I won't bother watching it on Monday.

It was to do with the medical treatment his son needed

"Gerrard is one of the players I was watching when I was young. I remember the first time I played against Liverpool was unbelievable.

"The first time I went to England was 1999 when I was watching Rigo (cousin and ex-Liverpool and West Ham defender Rigobert Song) playing.

"I was there to watch the game. It was crazy because I took some pictures with the players - I was 12 years old.

"Then Rigo gave me Gerrard's shirt from that day and I have kept it When I came back to Anfield to play, I was like: 'Wow'. I didn't expect that.

"I played against Liverpool and it was Gerrard, Owen and Fowler - I never forgot this in my life.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/400707/Steven-Gerrard-is-more-important-to-Liverpool-than-Luis-Suarez-was-says-Alex-Song

Seems like hes got a soft spot for Liverpool and I reckon we could get him, surely there are adequate facilities in liverpool for his son.

"Gerrard is one of the players I was watching when I was young. I remember the first time I played against Liverpool was unbelievable.

"The first time I went to England was 1999 when I was watching Rigo (cousin and ex-Liverpool and West Ham defender Rigobert Song) playing.

"I was there to watch the game. It was crazy because I took some pictures with the players - I was 12 years old.

"Then Rigo gave me Gerrard's shirt from that day and I have kept it When I came back to Anfield to play, I was like: 'Wow'. I didn't expect that.

"I played against Liverpool and it was Gerrard, Owen and Fowler - I never forgot this in my life.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/400707/Steven-Gerrard-is-more-important-to-Liverpool-than-Luis-Suarez-was-says-Alex-Song

Seems like hes got a soft spot for Liverpool and I reckon we could get him, surely there are adequate facilities in liverpool for his son.

Alderhey is top notch, in my opinion..

If Brendao is insistent on having a so called traditional English style centre forward and looking at the signings of Lambert and Balotelli I'd say he is, then Dzeko would be great.

Shame we're not in a position to poach players from Spuds anymore because Harry Kane has looked great this season.

He doesn't want strikers who can't press. Which rules out Dzeko.

Shame he didn't bother his arse even watching a YouTube video of Balotelli and Lambert. Perhaps then we wouldn't have went into this season with one seriously injury prone forward suitable to how he wants to play.