You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger: Rodgers doesn't think I'm good enough

tlw content

This is an absolute myth that we are better with Agger in the side.

A myth, dont be a fool?

We have thirteen wins, one draw and one loss with Agger at centre back this season, that is league winning form.

Dont know the details about Sakho, but I'm sure you do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A myth, dont be a fool?

We have thirteen wins, one draw and one loss with Agger at centre back this season, that is league winning form.

Dont know the details about Sakho, but I'm sure you do.

Ridiculous stats like that (which are wrong, by the way)  are the reason you've been ridiculed all across the internet, Code. They're the reason why people know exactly who you are, regardless of your name or your proxy. They're the reason why you've been banned, despite hundreds of thousands of posts, multiple times from various different websites. 

Agger played in one single game against a side in the top four. One. We lost it. Don't you think the quality of opposition might play a factor in whether or not he was part of a winning team? Maybe, just maybe, it's easier to win games against Palace, Cardiff, Fulham, and Norwich at home (and 11 of the wins are at home) than it is going to top sides away from home? Away with you. Back to Norwigeria. 

• Upvote 1

Ridiculous stats like that (which are wrong, by the way)  are the reason you've been ridiculed all across the internet, Code. They're the reason why people know exactly who you are, regardless of your name or your proxy. They're the reason why you've been banned, despite hundreds of thousands of posts, multiple times from various different websites. 

Agger played in one single game against a side in the top four. One. We lost it. Don't you think the quality of opposition might play a factor in whether or not he was part of a winning team? Maybe, just maybe, it's easier to win games against Palace, Cardiff, Fulham, and Norwich at home (and 11 of the wins are at home) than it is going to top sides away from home? Away with you. Back to Norwigeria. 

Are you talking to me or someone else, I dont understand?

Are you saying we did not win thirteen games, got one draw and one loss with Agger at centre back?

Please show me where I got it wrong so I get it correct next time.

Agger did not play centre back against any top four teams in the league, maybe he should have.

• Downvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Are you saying we did not win thirteen games, got one draw and one loss with Agger at centre back?

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Do your own research if you want to know the correct figures, but even then it's a pathetic statistic used in the way you tried to.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Do your own research if you want to know the correct figures, but even then it's a pathetic statistic used in the way you tried to.

Well in that case you are wrong my friend.

Can you provide me the numbers for your hero please?

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well in that case you are wrong my friend.

Can you provide me the numbers for your hero please?

You need to grow up a bit.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You like to talk dont you, every time I'm on here you are here, so go ahead and do it then.

No.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

So you got it wrong then

Having just double checked... no. If you want to acknowledge the utter idiocy of your point due to the reasons I mentioned, I might give you the time of day. 'Til then, you can fuck off.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lying bastard.

Says the guy pretending to be from Nigeria. As I said about, if you answer these I'll give you some of my time. Until then, you already look like more of a dick than I could make you look.

Agger played in one single game against a side in the top four. One. We lost it. Don't you think the quality of opposition might play a factor in whether or not he was part of a winning team? Maybe, just maybe, it's easier to win games against Palace, Cardiff, Fulham, and Norwich at home (and 11 of the wins are at home) than it is going to top sides away from home?

Do you admit that maybe Agger being involved in wins isn't about Agger's influence on the team winning games, but our ability to smash shit sides?

Not trying to get into this argument at all, but Agger is clearly a good defender when he's playing well, so there's that for a start. The other things include what I said before though : he's more settled and understands the players more. Sakho should do even better when that's sorted, and there's the huge amount of nerves from the end of the season as well, which didn't help him when it comes to a stat like clean sheets, which any single defender can only ever have a limited amount of control over anyway.

After all of this I'd really like us to win the league next season with both of them in defence together! If we carried on debating about who's the best between them at that point we could at least know that we'd clearly gone mad.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Not trying to get into this argument at all, but Agger is clearly a good defender when he's playing well, so there's that for a start.

He's a good footballer when he's at his best, he's not a particularly good defender though. Some parts are fine, others are pretty poor. Add to that the fact that he's losing pace, probably due to his horrendous injury record, and that he's getting others, then you've got a defender who's ageing, slowing and not very good at defending.

• Upvote 1

When he got blown away by Soldado at Anfield that signalled the end of Agger as a top player. For me, at least. He's soooo fucking slow these days

And doesn't have the positioning, anticipation or leadership skills of a hyypia or Carra to cover it up

With the exception of Arsenal away, Agger was injured prior to all of our matches against the top teams and not available to play as CB. I believe he was played as a fullback for the match away to Chelsea. But that was his first match back after he picked up an injury against West Ham at home.

Maybe we would have had a different outcome in the City and Chelsea aways, but he wasn't fit.

If we still can't figure out if Agger is any good, some 9 years since he got here, then I suggest it's time he, and us, moved on.

I would rather see Wisdom at CB than Agger. It's time to give the lad a chance. In fact, I'd like to see Coady given a go as well in pre-season, as that's where he and Wisdom learned their trade. Both lads did what was asked of them last season, they went out, got experience, and excelled for their sides. Fair's fair, time to bring them back into the fold.

Agger talks a good game and looks the part still, but he just can't back that up anymore.

I'm not letting Skrtel off the hook either, he gets caught out positionally too often.

My CB group for next season would be: Sakho, Skrtel, Wisdom, and then I'd entertain the idea of Williams or Caulker, at the right price. Coady might force his way in, and I get the feeling that Illori might be loaned out again, perhaps this time to a slightly better La Liga side, or even a Championship side. Norwich and Fulham just went down, they'd be two decent places for him to learn a bit more about English football.

In fact, I'd take a gamble on Hangeland for a season or two. He's 32 now, but I still get the impression he'd do a Sami Hyppia-esque leadership role at the back for a year or two.

When he got blown away by Soldado at Anfield that signalled the end of Agger as a top player. For me, at least. He's soooo fucking slow these days

And doesn't have the positioning, anticipation or leadership skills of a hyypia or Carra to cover it up

Not just this, but the way he faces up to opposition defenders. Yes, he will get some stuff right, and he will look good on occasion, but overall, Agger flatters to deceive. He is no longer a top quality central defender, if indeed he ever was.

Carragher, Agger, hypvia, Henchoz, Hansen, Lawrenson, Gillespie, Wright, Sakho,

Agger comes last in that list.