You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger: Rodgers doesn't think I'm good enough

tlw content

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 5 live right now, Danny Murphy asking Phil Neville why Man Utd hadn't considered Agger for their massive defensive gap. Neville said Smalling, Jones, and Evans were better players!!

He probably meant better at playing soggy biscuit.

• Upvote 1

On 5 live right now, Danny Murphy asking Phil Neville why Man Utd hadn't considered Agger for their massive defensive gap. Neville said Smalling, Jones, and Evans were better players!! 

He also said Tom Cleverly was brilliant in the DM role for united last season, i'll repeat that... Phil Neville has just said that Tom Cleverly was BRILLIANT in the DM role for united last season.

I think there are some attitude and psychological issues going on here with Agger. On his day, he is a top class defender, but he was injured too frequently to make the impact he should have. Now he is injury free, he seems to doubt himself.

He has made a lot of money here, and it seems he would rather settle for a comfortable existence at home, than scrap for his place.I suspect that Brendan would rather put faith in some of our younger, cheaper, talent who have the desire.

• Downvote 1

Yes, he has psychological issues. For fuck sake.

Thank you. I think that is part of it.

Playing at the top is as much in the mind as in the body. Brendan will watch him in training every day. Does he still have the desire to put his body on the line in every game?

I also think we can underestimate how hard it is to stay at the top. And when you have been away from home for a long time, and your wallet is full, maintaining the energy to do so is no easy task.

None of this detracts from his many fine performances for us. But Brendan is now planning for the next three years and desire will be all. but Danny will always be a welcome visitor to Anfield, and be fondly remembered.

Sell Agger but keep Toure? Madness. Agger was and still is a class act and I haven't seen anything from Lovren, Sakho or Skrtel that remotely make me think they're any better.

He's only 29 so I have no idea why he's gone to Brondby unless he just wants to go home now. He could still play at the very top in any league in Europe.

But good luck to the lad, a top guy.

Except that he has said he can't, or you're right he could.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not saying shit

Agger:-

“Then at the same time you see the statistics from your game - which are so important all around the world of football- and you don’t understand why you weren’t used more often.”