You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't know what it is but I love it....

an tha

The story of Liverpool's unforgettable 1983-84 Season....

Managed to get my hands on a copy of this book recently - written by Tony Evans it's a belting read so far.

Isn't released until 29th May - but I would recommend it highly...

The back cover extract is a frigging belter and sets the tone for the book brilliantly....

The sound of raucous young men drifted across the square, guttural, alien and dangerous.

Testosterone and menace were in the air. The locals had stopped smiling.

Liverpool were in town.

The men had been singing pop songs and banging on the tables, chanting the words “I don’t know what it is but I love it”

Now they were moving on to a drinking game.

Suddenly it kicked off. A scuffle started, punches were thrown. Word spread rapidly:  there’s trouble in the square.

The news reached the Liverpool team hotel. One of the clubs directors, Syd Moss, was angry. “Lock them up, lock them up” he shouted.

Like most people in the boardrooms of the game, he was sick of hooliganism. He headed for the entrance to see what was happening.

“Don’t call for the police” someone told him. “It’s not the fans. It’s the players!”

I've taken some pictures of the covers but have no idea how to get them from my phone to the forum, luddite that I am!