You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Van Gaal new manc manager

Captain

He is now officially appointed.

I rate van Gaal as a manager. He is completely different class to Moyes, who I couldn't believe was given the job.

That said, I see plenty of opportunities for trouble ahead for them. Van Gaal is quite a character, and he has a history of pissing off his bosses. Combine this with the massive rebuilding job ahead of him, I think we could be in for some entertainment still.

They wouldn't of went for Van Gaal one year ago. They had the choice of Mourinho, Klopp, Simeone, Conte, anyone they wanted and they chose Moyes. Now they are left with Van Gaal who was pawning himself out shamelessly, desperate to be our director of football, desperate to be the Spurs boss before the mancs came along, and the media act like it's some sort of magical appointment? 

I think it's a nothing appointment, another Capello for England scenario, I would of been much more wary of them with a Pochettino or a Martinez.

• Upvote 2

I'm not going to reply in the thread titled 'new united confirmed'.

What sort of threat title is that to take forward into perpetuity?

Couldn't give a shit about Van Gaal. Much prefer they got him instead of Pochettino, Martinez, etc etc. He's a relic of days of yore.

I'm not even interested really. More bothered about what we do because we're so close. I just want us to win it so all of the bitter and biased cunts up and down the country can truly fuck off and get some karma for all of the shite they've said about us, and the shitty commentary and so on. I might even spend a month visiting RedCafe daily.

Didn't touch the place towards the end of last season, (actually I might have read one thread linked from here when they were crying about Moyes in some posts, that was it though I think.) or any Everton forums. I knew it meant nothing if we didn't win it, and in the end it did mean nothing, whatever they said, because they're back to the usual now. But I'll be reading plenty of posts on there if we do it next season.

He really has his work cut out with the current squad,and unless a shedload of transfer money is made available to him,which I doubt will be forthcoming,I can only see a further decline.happy fucking days!

Every article I've read said he's got a shedload of transfer money to spend. Moyes did too, on top of the £70m he spent except anybody they really wanted like Bale and Ronaldo told them where to go, and Fabregas strung them along to try and get first team action at Barca. Van Gaal will likely make them a greater attraction only I still can't see why someone like Robben would go there.

I expect the mancs to do a lot of tub thumping about what they're gonna spend but be cagey about their targets in case they get fucked off. They're discovering they're not actually as popular as they thought they were, like Winthorpe from Trading Places.

• Upvote 1

They should really be quieter about their transfer budget or they're going to get joyously fleeced as they did last year. I think it's supposed to attract big names, so they know that more will follow but it's a dangerous game and more than a few agents seem to be playing them.

They are actually turning into Everton though. It's all grandiose gestures, the Mata signing was a case in point, they didn't even need him, so much so that even Mourinho knew it and didn't care, same with all this Luke Shaw bollocks. Foot stamping shite.

Moyes certainly didn't need Mata, nor Fellaini given that they didn't start playing to his strengths until Giggs played him up front at the back post. I think they won but their supporters didn't turn up to the next Giggs home game given the Allardycity of the previous one. Giggs! The Winthorpe thing worries me though as he had the last laugh.

Spot on. It's going to be very interesting to see who will join their rebuilding job.

If the rumours are true that van Gaal only considers four of their players good enough, it's going to be an expensive summer for the mancs! Not only that, but will the Glazers fund it sufficiently?

Obviously a talented guy in his time, but his heyday was about 20 years ago & anybody who can get Bayern & Barca close to the relegation positions in their respective leagues must raise doubts over the level of their abilities. Let alone the fact that he masterminded the last Holland team to fail to reach a major tournament.

Obviously a talented guy in his time, but his heyday was about 20 years ago & anybody who can get Bayern & Barca close to the relegation positions in their respective leagues must raise doubts over the level of their abilities. Let alone the fact that he masterminded the last Holland team to fail to reach a major tournament.

Outwitted by Jason McAteer.

• 1 year later...