You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

Yeah he should have hoofed it and scored, and then he could have run the full length of the pitch and lifted up his shirt to reveal a picture of Grobs taking a bribe but not in any games that really mattered, doing his crazy legs in Rome.  Place would have gone fucken ape shit. 

Rodgers said. “I have just asked him to simplify his game and do what he is good at which is shot-stopping.”

Might as well have a lower league keeper in there then, there'll be some good shot stoppers down the leagues. But they'll be playing at that level because they can't do anything else. Which is what we've spent £11m for.

Rodgers said. “I have just asked him to simplify his game and do what he is good at which is shot-stopping.”

Might as well have a lower league keeper in there then, there'll be some good shot stoppers down the leagues. But they'll be playing at that level because they can't do anything else. Which is what we've spent £11m for.

What the fuck else was he asking him to do?

It certainly wasn't learning to kick a ball.

Shot stopper pot purrie, I could show some of you younguns the parable of an even better shot stopper called David James, he didnt turn out to be good enough due to other shortcomings also. He would have also been better had he had someone to compete with for the shirt, Brad Jones wouldnt have pushed Jamo either. REMs favourite bench day sleeper while everybody hurts just to see Brad on our payroll. I hope Mignolet is bankrupted by his wife too. I have to go now, my planet needs me. Ian Walker is attacking my people as David Seamans future replacement. Good day to you

• Upvote 5

Done better lately & is one of the few players in the squad who can say he has actively gained us points this season.

Keep hearing about him not commanding his area but I don't see any keepers around these days who do this to any great extent. Lloris & Begovic seem to be the forum's go-to guys  and both are decent keepers but I have barely seen either of them catch a cross outside their 6 yard box under pressure ( I suppose it helps if you have centre backs occasionally winning a header ).

• Upvote 2

Done better lately & is one of the few players in the squad who can say he has actively gained us points this season.

Keep hearing about him not commanding his area but I don't see any keepers around these days who do this to any great extent. Lloris & Begovic seem to be the forum's go-to guys  and both are decent keepers but I have barely seen either of them catch a cross outside their 6 yard box under pressure ( I suppose it helps if you have centre backs occasionally winning a header ).

I  think that says more about the dirth of good quality keepers, than anything positive about mignolet.

In terms of ability yes, but not in terms of application in recent years, His attitude stank the place, which is why Rodgers bombed him out. The apocryphal stories doing the rounds only hint at what went on. That he has gone to sit on the bench at Bayern tells you all that you need to know.

The list of culprits for our indifferent start to the season has several names ahead of Mignolet.

Youre not actually saying anything here.

1) Do you have anything other than aspersions on his application, all Ive ever heard is Reina was a training freak who worked as hard as anybody else, if you have information, lets hear it

2) The issue with him 'happy to sit on Bayern's bench' is baffling, its one of them thing on here a mong says and more mongs think its a good phrasedrop. Excepting, in reality however, what would he have been asked to do if he had stayed here, having been told mignolet is first choice, exactly the same as he's doing at Bayern. Except no one here would be unhappy he had sat and picked up a wage as he'd now be back in the team earning it, on merit.

He said at the time he was willing to fight for his place except Rodgers wanted him out as an inexperienced manager cant deal with any questions and/or FSG wanted him off the wage bill so they could shell out on Lovren, Markovich etc. 

So we have an issue it seems, he is happy to sit at bayern as 2nd choice but not here, odd we apply double standards to him. Its as if the fans were fickle and trying to invent stuff to support an agenda at the drop of a hat turn on a player who has given no less than 100%.

In terms of money, in this genius accounting we have ended up, as FSG's comittee approach usually ends up, selling a better player and buying a more expensive shitter one, but on less wages.

Until we actually replace Reina the point is moot, we havent and should not have sold him until we had.

I could never understand why anyone wanted Reina gone as long as Brad Jones was going to be backup, thats a bad deal, you can count your winnets on it.

• Upvote 3

Sorry, he's got to go.

Along with Johnson, Toure, Lovren, Lucas, Allen, Lambert, Ballotelli, Borini and probably a few others I'm missing.  So only around 8 more players needed after spending £200 plus million.  With Rodgers hit/miss ratio in the market, he's going to need around a billion to fix this mess.

• Upvote 1