You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joey Barton

TheHowieLama

On 10/01/2024 at 16:29, Chris said:

You know that dangerous dog breed they're forcing people to have registered, neutered, and muzzled in public or they have to be euthanised? 

That should apply here.

So sick of having to hear this cunt's name and be subjected to his pure shite every day of my life.

Fucking social media. 

That’s what I’m like with trump. Dreading that being a routine, daily thing again. Tedious and miserable

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Oh do fuck off. As if.

image.png

Barton to fuck off? Yeah, good idea. 
This lass, true or not shouldn't have been subjected to any abuse due the misgynistic rantings of Barton

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Oh do fuck off. As if.

image.png

This? This is your take?

Mangy, racist thug Joey Barton compares a pair of female football pundits to Fred and Rose West, they suffer a torrent of abuse, and your move is to decide it can’t be that bad. 
If I was Aluko - and I still had friends abroad after playing for multiple US clubs - I’d probably get away for a bit as well. 
But sure. It’s probably not that big of a deal. Joey Barton was saying what we’re all thinking - so long as we’re massive cunts whose words and opinions are of no fucking value. 
Fuck right off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Barton is a cunt and Aluko or none of them should be sunjected to the vitriol he came out with. 

Aluko is also an awful pundit, widely disliked within the woman’s game (allegedly) for being a self-entitled brat, is a Tory who made some shitty comments about the furlough scheme and is apparently on a holiday that was planned ages ago and hasn’t “fled” at all. 

I still hope she sues Barton into the ground but I personally have no time for her. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Aluko is the one who was at the center of racism scandal (claims, investigation, sackings ) when she was dropped from the national team, right? She played a blinder in the media as far as I recall at the time with the big Guardian interview.

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

Aluko is the one who was at the center of racism scandal (claims, investigation, sackings ) when she was dropped from the national team, right? She played a blinder in the media as far as I recall at the time with the big Guardian interview.

Great take. 
It all boils down to “I feel bad for victims of racism. Unless they speak out about racism, in which case they’re just as bad as the racists.”

5 minutes ago, Ron B said:

Great take. 
It all boils down to “I feel bad for victims of racism. Unless they speak out about racism, in which case they’re just as bad as the racists.”

I know. You should better never question anything, because all you achieve is making yourself a target of sanctimonious pricks.

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

I know. You should better never question anything, because all you achieve is making yourself a target of sanctimonious pricks.

•Woman is victim of racism. 
•Woman, successfully, calls out racists very publicly. 
•Your response: “She’s played a blinder in the media.”

Not: “Good on her for calling out racists.” Not “I don’t like her but fair play on that one.” Just crap about how she “played a blinder in the media”. 

Maybe you’d have a point - if it hadn’t turned out that the England coach had been a racist piece of shit both to her and to another player too. 
Maybe you’d have a point - if the FA hadn’t publicly apologised for the racism.  

Maybe you’d have a point - if the FA hadn’t “played a blinder” themselves with various unsubstantiated claims about Aluko her having a “negative attitude”. 
But maybe it would just be easier if you said “Black women should shut up”. 
I’d be sad to be called a sanctimonious prick by someone whose opinion I respect. Turns out, that doesn’t include you. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ron B said:

•Woman is victim of racism. 
•Woman, successfully, calls out racists very publicly. 
•Your response: “She’s played a blinder in the media.”

Not: “Good on her for calling out racists.” Not “I don’t like her but fair play on that one.” Just crap about how she “played a blinder in the media”. 

Maybe you’d have a point - if it hadn’t turned out that the England coach had been a racist piece of shit both to her and to another player too. 
Maybe you’d have a point - if the FA hadn’t publicly apologised for the racism.  

Maybe you’d have a point - if the FA hadn’t “played a blinder” themselves with various unsubstantiated claims about Aluko her having a “negative attitude”. 
But maybe it would just be easier if you said “Black women should shut up”. 
I’d be sad to be called a sanctimonious prick by someone whose opinion I respect. Turns out, that doesn’t include you. 

OK.

My impression at the time was, after I read the description of the abuse in question, that she was a clever self-serving arriviste who deftly used a race card to promote her post-playing career. I am aware you are not allowed to say such things, because "black women shut up" and all that, but what can I say, that was my impression. Enjoy the moral highground. 

• Upvote 2

Barton is a cunt, she is a poor poor pundit. Do you think she really feels in danger?

’ How do you know she doesn’t?’ Why would she be?

He is trying to carve a niche for himself out of football and is trying his hand, dipping his toe so to speak. He knows he will have the backing of a lot of people. Calling out all female pundits is wrong though

She is no shrinking Violet and has history for dealing with this. She should also know she is rubbish at the pundit role. She like a whole host of pundits is stealing a living. That’s male or female.

I have always hated Barton also I have never liked Aluko. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SasaS said:

OK.

My impression at the time was, after I read the description of the abuse in question, that she was a clever self-serving arriviste who deftly used a race card to promote her post-playing career. I am aware you are not allowed to say such things, because "black women shut up" and all that, but what can I say, that was my impression. Enjoy the moral highground. 

She’s fucking horrible her and a Tory cunt at that, it ain’t that deep though, she is just fucking clueless and talks utter shite, call out the racists but it’s okay for her to call someone a racist white boy because they have a difference of opinion.….

Yeah sound.

6 hours ago, SasaS said:

OK.

Fuck right off. 

The FA have admitted that she was the victim of racism, they’ve also admitted that another player was at the same time, but all you can offer is “She did an effective job of calling out racism, and she shouldn’t have done that.”

What should victims of racism do - shut the fuck up and accept it?