You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Glen Johnson get a new contract?

tlw content

Read what I wrote again Mr Rat. You are not on the cheese. 

You are still missing the point you are trying to make, which proves why my idea is a bad one. It's not a bad idea. Just different to what you are used to .

I think you're on the blob.

Stupid idea that failed at Ebbsfleet. Thank fuck people like you will never be in charge.

So, having a membership only supporters group of several million to crowdsource and raise hundreds of millions in funds for new players, to be given to the manager to play as he pleases, is a stupid idea? Yet no one can actually tell me why it won't work? 

Twatscratcher you have no point. You compare our great club to Ebbsfleet? Nonsensical. 

No. I compared your suggestion of an ebbsfleet model for a club of the stature of Liverpool as being nonsensical.

Im all for fan membership. The club already offers that and guess what, you can actually apply for and get tickets via that membership. But fans picking which players the clubs sign? Ludicrous.

It doesnt matter whether you have a manager or a head coach, you wont get anyone of benitez's standing coming to Liverpool if  they dont get the say on players.

But you (and a few acolytes) carry on with your quest. When you getting your campaign up and running instead of talking about it on a forum?

No. I compared your suggestion of an ebbsfleet model for a club of the stature of Liverpool as being nonsensical.

Im all for fan membership. The club already offers that and guess what, you can actually apply for and get tickets via that membership. But fans picking which players the clubs sign? Ludicrous.

It doesnt matter whether you have a manager or a head coach, you wont get anyone of benitez's standing coming to Liverpool if  they dont get the say on players.

But you (and a few acolytes) carry on with your quest. When you getting your campaign up and running instead of talking about it on a forum?

Benitez would do this job if he had the budget for the Blue Peter garden so don't talk shite. 

Benitez would do this job if he had the budget for the Blue Peter garden so don't talk shite. 

Yeah, sure he would. And what's he going to have a budget for if fans pick the players?

So, when are you going to stop talking about it on a forum and actually do something about it? Or are you just going to talk about it and expect someone else to do it?

So, having a membership only supporters group of several million to crowdsource and raise hundreds of millions in funds for new players, to be given to the manager to play as he pleases, is a stupid idea? Yet no one can actually tell me why it won't work? 

I answered that the last page but you chose not to respond, there are a lot of fans who know fuck all about judging a player so having them in control of making football decisions would not work.

Most on this forum where happy to get Lovren, Balotelli and Lambert in the summer so its not like even fans with knowledge get it right all the time.

Having football people who work and make a living in the game is clearly the more sensible route and that is why every club in the world does it that way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Well, firstly, I dispute your recollection. But even if taken as correct, you're looking at each transfer in isolation, then of course with the added faith born out of nothing but hope. "We've signed the cunt, we might as well pretend he's good now". It isn't really fair to judge the fans opinion as you are. For example, the vast majority of fans will have prioritised a striker, rather than waiting until the end of the window and being left with Balotelli or nothing.

With Lambert, many were happy for him to be 4th, maybe at a push 3rd, choice. Because they expected a player perhaps not on Suarez' level, but at Sturridge's, to be signed. 

Most fans would have prioritised a DM. Likewise a new keeper, or at the very least someone to provide Mignolet with some competition.

• Upvote 3

Abuse? Most? Lallana? Fucking hell. Average Adam is the best thing since sliced bread according to this Summer's posts.

Hardly, most were against the fee (including myself) and thought we were getting shafted by Southampton. There was a common consensus to spend the money on a foreign player rather than pay the english tax. He's turned out to be a good player though, which is the point.

I think people confuse rating a player with trying to find the positives in transfers that seem inevitable.

Lovren in particular was begrudgingly justified because it was clear that Rodgers saw him as the key to sorting out our leaking defence. Take out the context of who the manager rates, and I doubt the outlook on certain transfers would ever look so supportive.

I think people confuse rating a player with trying to find the positives in transfers that seem inevitable.

Lovren in particular was begrudgingly justified because it was clear that Rodgers saw him as the key to sorting out our leaking defence. Take out the context of who the manager rates, and I doubt the outlook on certain transfers would ever look so supportive.

Fair point but looking at the Lovren thing in particular it took forever to do the deal and was discussed ad nauseam. Im sure by the the consensus was he was way too expensive and not the answer, Starting with the keeper was surely the way to go