You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

I do feel he needs, at least for a week or two, to alter his game a little, attacking space and running on to balls more. When he gets the ball on the right and then starts that crab-like movement to the left, with three or four defenders spreading out to keep him going sideways, I feel exhausted just watching him. When he's on form, to hell with the predictability and his one-footedness, he keeps scoring so that's that. But when he's out of form, there are times when that move to the left, followed by either a hit and hope shot against shins or a reluctant pass back out, feels more like an ice-cream intermission than a dangerous attacking move. It's becoming a fatalistic exercise.

I love Mo but he's out of sorts. I really hoped he'd batter city single handedly today but it wasnt to be. One excellent pass to Sadio for the equaliser doesnt mean he's had a good game.

Right now, he looks fucked mentally and physically. All those 120 minutes games drain even the best players. The fucking about with his contract does no one any favours. And time and time again, you see other players who let contract negotiations affect their form.

He needs to sort his contract out one way or the other. If he wants more money that the club can \ will not pay, make your decision to sign and stay of tell the club you're moving on and want out at the end of the season.

He then needs to stop thinking too much about his play and just be instinctive again. Too often he's wanting an extra touch, more time or a better position. Just play the fucking ball, Mo!

I’d get him in the middle for a bit and put Diaz on the right so they can switch throughout the game. Let Mo play it from a different angle, he’s out of sorts and even though he’s always been predictable he’s usually too good for that to matter. Then again I’m a poster on an Internet forum and Klopp is the man so probably better placed to let him make important team decisions and not me.

Peach of an assist to Sadio for the equaliser, but - and please tell me I’ve either got it wrong or there’s nothing in it - after the goal, Sadio was pointing at, I thought, Mo for the assist and that it would be followed up by a hug, but no, they barely looked at each other from memory and Trent got the hug. 
Like I say, I hope I’m remembering it wrong.

Who knows, but If we make it to the Stade de France on May 28th, then a rematch against Real would be a day for Mo to shine and extract his revenge?

4 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Peach of an assist to Sadio for the equaliser, but - and please tell me I’ve either got it wrong or there’s nothing in it - after the goal, Sadio was pointing at, I thought, Mo for the assist and that it would be followed up by a hug, but no, they barely looked at each other from memory and Trent got the hug. 

Who knows, but If we make it to the Stade de France on May 28th, then a rematch against Real would be a day for Mo to shine and extract his revenge?

The point of recognition happened and Mo was following in behind Trent who got there first for a hug.

Sadio isn’t celebrating lately, don’t know why, but it’s not an issue I don’t think. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

The point of recognition happened and Mo was following in behind Trent who got there first for a hug.

Sadio isn’t celebrating lately, don’t know why, but it’s not an issue I don’t think. 

Something to do with Ramadan maybe. 

6 hours ago, Red Shift said:

I think others got in the way before they got to each other. He was definitely giving Mo all credit for it.

When Sadio was subbed, they also slapped hands as he was leaving the pitch. I think the body language between them has actually been much better this season. 

6 hours ago, Red Shift said:

There's another camera angle I saw where they clearly hug first before he acknowledges everyone else. 9.30secs

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think others got in the way before they got to each other. He was definitely giving Mo all credit for it.

When Sadio was subbed, they also slapped hands as he was leaving the pitch. I think the body language between them has actually been much better this season. 

Thats good news.