You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Halloween

dickie mint

On 10/22/2013 at 6:14 PM, Bjornebye said:

went to a bommy at a pub in norris green once and it got called off last minute because of the weather so about 40 of us were walking the streets , pockets full of fireworks and heads full of mischief. the highlight was when we knocked some fellas door and when he opened there was a 20 quid lantern just going mental on top of his nice bmw in his drive, he ran in and came belting out with a fucking sword, the noise of laughter when we scattered was really the noise of a bunch of 15 year olds fucking shitting themselves... chased us for about 15 minutes he did the mad bastard. 

You've got form, you bad scally. 

Bumped this thread because I can’t find my plastic pumpkin. Emptied the cupboard under the stairs looking for it and now I’m not even sure I had one in the first place. I think I might have seen one in the shop the other day and have confused myself thinking I already owned the same thing. I don’t know what’s going on. 

I’m 30 years old and can’t remember shit about shit. Found some water guns though so it’s not all bad. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You've got form, you bad scally. 

Bumped this thread because I can’t find my plastic pumpkin. Emptied the cupboard under the stairs looking for it and now I’m not even sure I had one in the first place. I think I might have seen one in the shop the other day and have confused myself thinking I already owned the same thing. I don’t know what’s going on. 

I’m 30 years old and can’t remember shit about shit. Found some water guns though so it’s not all bad. 

I know. I was a little fucker as a kid. Never a bully or violent though. Im a better cunt now. Hence me pretty much saving your life once. Arsehole 

Christ, I didn't realise that the wolf mask was so long ago.  In the event, the little tykes weren't in the least bit scared, and instead grabbed the wolf mask and began taking it in turns running around with it on.

Great duck apple picture. That's what Halloween was like for me as a kid.

• Upvote 1

I feel sorry for anyone that thinks Halloween is shite.

Perhaps it's not as big in the UK, but as a kid (in Canada) it was second only to Christmas, and as an adult, even better. Some of the best parties I've ever been too (and hosted) were Halloween parties. Loads of drunk girls dressed up in costume ?

What could go wrong ?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Just taken my nephew trick or treating and managed to nab three mini Mars bars, a Milky Way and a Baby Ruth. I tried to pinch his Maltesers but he was having none of it.

How does ‘trick or treating’ work where you are?

It’s not an expression that’s much used round us. People say ‘going out on Halloween’ or ‘going out guising’ and when kids go round the houses they’ll be dressed up and all but the littlest ones will be expected to say a poem or tell a joke at the very least in return for sweets or small amounts of money.

Probably because we don’t have any primary aged kids in our street we’ve not had a single caller at the house tonight. Result.

It was quite fun when our kids and their friends went out but I’m done with it now

42 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Just taken my nephew trick or treating and managed to nab three mini Mars bars, a Milky Way and a Baby Ruth. I tried to pinch his Maltesers but he was having none of it.

A Baby Ruth is the last sticker I need to complete my 2018/2019 LFC midfielders Panini set.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Champ said:

It’s not an expression that’s much used round us. People say ‘going out on Halloween’ or ‘going out guising’ and when kids go round the houses they’ll be dressed up and all but the littlest ones will be expected to say a poem or tell a joke at the very least in return for sweets or small amounts of money.

Probably because we don’t have any primary aged kids in our street we’ve not had a single caller at the house tonight. Result.

It was quite fun when our kids and their friends went out but I’m done with it now

If a house has a pumpkin outside it's fair game. Kids just knock on the door, say "trick or treat" then grab some sweets. Not much to it really.

34 minutes ago, Champ said:

We had a load of guisers round here tonight, only one lot sang a song, the rest just held their hands out expecting some sweeties. Pathetic.

The last boy genuinely freaked me out though, I couldn't work out if his head was massive or just his mask & his Mum did all the talking while he just stared right through me. The door is now locked & bolted shut for the night & I'll be sleeping with one eye open.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

If a house has a pumpkin outside it's fair game. Kids just knock on the door, say "trick or treat" then grab some sweets. Not much to it really.

I dreaded having to do my turn as a kid but  doing nothing does seem a bit lame

50 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm sharing nothing. I had to carry his sweets bag on the way home whilst his mum gave him a piggy back; he just looked at me mistrustfully and whispered "I'm watching you".

Sounds a touch ungrateful.

His haul would have been half the size if you weren’t wearing that sombrero.

• Upvote 1