You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want to read that back to yourself, and engage your brain - assuming you have the ability of rational thought and you're just choosing not to use it - and come back to me?

Results - which are 12 points up on last season so far - are proof of how poorly we're run? Fucking hell. It's honestly not worth my time responding to this shit.

Just read this back to yourself.

we had our best team in 20 years on the pitch when our club was the worst run in europe. i don't get the point you are making. the only way results can be used to measure if we're a good club is over a much longer period than 20-odd games when one player alone is playing the best football on the planet.

• Upvote 3

Guest Numero Veinticinco

we had our best team in 20 years on the pitch when our club was the worst run in europe. i don't get the point you are making. the only way results can be used to measure if we're a good club is over a much longer period than 20-odd games when one player alone is playing the best football on the planet.

I was replying to the point, not making it. If somebody uses the results as a marker of how poorly we are run ,surely it's fair to say that results have improved.

I don't think it's the only marker. There are plenty of others.

• Downvote 1

Yes. But it's not about... Ach, forget it. Falling on death ears.

There were many people unhappy with the fact that we had gotten to late January, signed no-one and were only linked with Salah. The general indication though was that we would eventually get him. I think the main grievance people have is that we have obviously wanted him for some time but instead of moving quickly we farted around and allowed Chelsea to come in and gazump us.

I don't think anyone was happy before today and are now throwing their toys out of the pram because we've missed out on Salah. It's the fact that this is not a new occurrence that has upset people. Go for good value, fine, but when that involves dragging things out for a month and allowing your rivals to sneak in and take the player from under your nose, you have to wonder if it's worth it and whether the man doing the negotiating is up to his job.

I accept we may still make the right signings before the window shuts, but I have absolutely no confidence in this and I don't think this Salah debacle is exactly a good omen.

Its more about why didnt we secure our target if he was one in the first place. I dont think people are too concerned who the player is, more our conduct

Bingo!

So:

* we spend 3 months scouting a player;

* we verbally agree a fee and personal terms;

* player expresses a desire to come to us, rejecting German and Italian clubs in the process;

* Ian Ayre seeing that, reduces the agreed amount by 50% and then proceeds to sit on his arse for the best part of 3 weeks doing fuck all;

* Basle get insulted (and rightly so), then start making noises to interested parties;

* Chelsea comes in, pays around the same amount which was initially agreed with us and takes that player for good - all within a day or so;

'kinell! Ian Ayre makes Dell Boy look like George fucking Soros!

And it is not the first time either - last summer the Harley-Davidson-riding prick did the exact same thing.

In all this time, the yanks calling themselves "custodians" of this club are all too happy to watch from distance what's unravelling, line their collective pockets and let that incompetent idiot Ayre do their bidding, quite literally. Did I miss anything?

• Upvote 9

Assaidi and Coates were probably the only players who went under the radar before we signed them. One of them seemed to be last minute deal hijacking Ajax.

All others we were linked quite a time beforehand. Nothing is going to stay secret in the day of the internet

Bingo!

So:

* player expresses a desire to come to us, rejecting German and Italian clubs in the process;

* Ian Ayre seeing that, reduces the agreed amount by 50% and then proceeds to sit on his arse for the best part of 3 weeks doing fuck all;

* Basle get insulted (and rightly so), then start making noises to interested parties;

* Chelsea comes in, pays around the same amount which was initially agreed with us and takes that player for good - all within a day or so;

And it is not the first time either - last summer the Harley-Davidson-riding prick did the exact same thing.

In all this time, the yanks calling themselves "custodians" of this club are all too happy to watch from distance what's unravelling, line their collective pockets and let that incompetent idiot Ayre do their bidding, quite literally. Did I miss anything?

No no, we are making judgements, everything is fine.

It's more the ineptitude than the target, yes.

But I'm unhappy that we missed out on Salah. Not because I rate him. But obviously our manager does. And it makes us look complete amateurs. And it's now the second transfer window in which Rodgers has been fucked over, through no fault of his own.

Some may disagree, but Rodgers is doing a good job here. He's a young, up and coming coach. But, if he feels like he's having his ability to manage and improve his squad hindered by the incompetence of others, might this not lead to him questioning the ambition of the club and if it's the same as his? 

If I was him, I'd be asking for certain heads to roll. 

I was replying to the point, not making it. If somebody uses the results as a marker of how poorly we are run ,surely it's fair to say that results have improved.

I don't think it's the only marker. There are plenty of others.

it would be fair to use results if those results were an indication. right now they're not.

Did I read this right? Rodgers said today he expects no further signings this window?

I also read that due to our books and FFP we can only spend 10 million more this year. How can that possibly work? We are surely the only club that even acknowledges that "rule" exists.

I can't believe we have 15 fit players, a good 5 of who are very shit.

Chelsea could field 2+ squads capable of finishing fourth in this league.

We won't be anywhere near 4th without strengthening DM and defense in the next 8 days.

Bingo!

So:

In all this time, the yanks calling themselves "custodians" of this club are all too happy to watch from distance what's unravelling, line their collective pockets and let that incompetent idiot Ayre do their bidding, quite literally. Did I miss anything?[/

Bang on!

Bingo!

So:

Spot on