You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

I really don't understand why Suarez would sign a new contact.

If he stays for one more season then he will only have two years left on his contact next summer. If he wanted to leave then he would be in a much stronger position to do so with only two years left.

Even more money and a proper release clause?

Not sure I'm that pleased at all by this news to be honest. It feels like it felt when I was punching well above my weight with this hot posh bird, she wanted to split up but later decided she'd give it a bit longer. How very charitable.

Fuck that, I don't care if I'm winner of a 'hunt a grunt' comp among fit birds on a hen night, as long as one of them is shagging me, I don't give a fuck.

If Suarez stays, and gives 100%, I'm happy. Why wouldn't I be? I expect the top players to want to play in the CL so am not surprised he wanted out. He didn't go about it in the greatest way but if ultimately he is staying, all good.

Pragmatism rules.

Not sure I'm that pleased at all by this news to be honest. It feels like it felt when I was punching well above my weight with this hot posh bird, she wanted to split up but later decided she'd give it a bit longer. How very charitable.

The split is still inevitable and the inetrim will never be as good as it was previously.

Real Madrid may still come back in now that they've back tracked on Bale. This may be a good thing.

Great analogy. I want him gone to club outside the PL, if not this window then January when we can finf a suitable replacement.

Fuck that, I don't care if I'm winner of a 'hunt a grunt' comp among fit birds on a hen night, as long as one of them is shagging me, I don't give a fuck.

If Suarez stays, and gives 100%, I'm happy. Why wouldn't I be? I expect the top players to want to play in the CL so am not surprised he wanted out. He didn't go about it in the greatest way but if ultimately he is staying, all good.

Pragmatism rules.

I just don't see him having the season he had last season. If he does, I agree that I'll be happy, at least until January until we can ship him out and get a replacement, but he's squirmed and wriggled with much more disrespect than just stating he want's CL football, and this 'fans affection' horseshit is a serious fucking insult. Does he actually expect ANYONE to swallow that? He's staying because we won't sell to the only club who have bid for him, end of. If his contract was any less airtight he'd have us in court right now. Fuck him.

Really hope this is true. He's better than anything we have, or have a chance of signing. He'll be off next year if we don't get cl and that's more then fair. This contract will be watertight for sure.

Saying that, I'd like to see Brendan build the team around Coutinho behind Sturridge from now on. Suarez and another providing support from wide. If Sturridge can stay fit, Coutinho can make him a real superstar imo. Similar to how Gerrard used to make Torres twice the player.

I think he might be trying to force Real after Henry's statement last week, making Real understand that they will have to pay for him and won't get him on the cheap. He must have a fucking mental disorder if he thinkspeople believe the 'fans' have changed his mind. If that was the case the statement would have been after Gerrards testimonial not once Henry put the blockers on his dream fucking Arsenal move. He shouldn't even get a cheer the first time he scores if he stays, he needs to earn back any fucking respect he'll get from me

I really dont care about what he's done or has said as long as he stays and puts in the same effort he always has. After Gerrard nearly fucked off to Chelsea, twice, and then Torres 2.5 years ago im not expecting any real loyalty from players, especially not from those we've signed from other clubs. They are looking after themselves first and foremost. Sure the way Suarez has behaved over the summer has been shitty, but as long as he puts in the same effort he always has, does it really matter?

No way would he just extend his contract because of the fans after all this shit. If that ended up happening, maybe a new one has been drawn up that makes his terms for being able to leave totally and utterly clear, so this madness isn't happening again next season.

Or maybe that journo just took too much acid.

Seems exceedingly likely, and it's fair enough. More or less the same wages, but a dollop of a fee to him for helping us out for another season, and then he's off next Summer. At least we've got a full year to work out how to buy a replacement striker.

I'm looking forward to seeing Suarez and Aspas together. I just wonder if Borini is now to be sold back to Italy and if we use it to get Willian in. As much as I like Borini, it does seem like Rodgers wasn't too arsed about using him a lot in pre season, which was odd.

Sterling, Ibe, Coutinho, Aspas, Sarez, Sturridge...that's some great attacking talent for a club looking for a top four place, and if you add Willian to that then we're going to pummel defences if they aren't on their game.

This time next year we'll also be looking at Sinclair coming through, and maybe Yesil, we'll see.

I really dont care about what he's done or has said as long as he stays and puts in the same effort he always has. After Gerrard nearly fucked off to Chelsea, twice, and then Torres 2.5 years ago im not expecting any real loyalty from players, especially not from those we've signed from other clubs. They are looking after themselves first and foremost. Sure the way Suarez has behaved over the summer has been shitty, but as long as he puts in the same effort he always has, does it really matter?

Exactly.

It doesn't matter at all. Suarez doesn't have to love the club, just give 100% to it on the pitch.

Suarez, like Rooney, is not a fan and never will be - he is a hired professional and we should expect no more than him doing his job. It is extremely rare to get players like Carra that have both ability and and emotional attachment to the club.

It doesn't matter at all. Suarez doesn't have to love the club, just give 100% to it on the pitch.

Exactly. We get another season (or half!) out of one of the best players in the world while buying time to plan for his departure. Just as the mancs did with Ronaldo.

Suits me. Surprises me too as I was convinced he was not for turning on this one.

Still time for a twist or two though.

Spot on.

I would still have been happier if he was sold to Real or someone abroad for a good price a few weeks back. Get the disruptive influence out the club and bring in a couple of players for more options.

I don't think he will give 100%. I certainly don't think he'll have the same impact he did last year.

Love to be proved wrong though.