You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

5 hours ago, Gruntfuttock said:

Dad fancied some for his 81st birthday we treated him.

A well deserved cause mate.

8 hours ago, Mudface said:

This sort of shit is rife up here. Cheap rubbish, badly cooked, seemingly cheap.

Doesn't Scotland have one of the worse diets?

I worked with a lad who had chippy tea after a few pints every night, it was no shock when his heart said, fuck this, I'm out.

Two brothers Italian/pizza restaurant in Knaresborough last night for my missus birthday.

They pride themselves on their very long tailed calzone.

I made the rookie error of eating the ends because the daughter was delicious and therefore couldn't finish the middle but to be honest every time I have a calzone I'm reminded that I don't particularly like them cause I like my pizza toppings to go crispy, especially pepperoni.

Anyway, was alright. 

20240523_202128.jpg

20240523_202403.jpg

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I need to have a fucking serious word with myself. I’m skint but just ordered a wild, organic venison fillet. 

Your commitment to this thread is beyond compare.

No jury in the land will convict you for non payment of bills with this defence. 

A photo of a wild, organic, venison fillet trumps paying the council tax. 

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

Your commitment to this thread is beyond compare.

No jury in the land will convict you for non payment of bills with this defence. 

A photo of a wild, organic, venison fillet trumps paying the council tax. 

I’m such a twat.

I forgot we’re at the cricket Sunday so I’m going to have to try and either delay delivery or freeze it. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’m such a twat.

Maybe do some work on the 'personal testimony?'

Butcher he would only sell me a full beef fillet, Wouldn't do portions. 2kg worked out at £32 which was a bargain. Makes a mockery of the £22 restaurants are charging per fillet steak.

Turkey aint so cheap these days.

18 hours ago, Gruntfuttock said:

As I said, it was almost £30 for the three of us.The order was fish&chips twice plus one extra fish and two mushy peas (sorry Mook!) I split the chips into three and I could easily have fed another person what with the size of the fish...

We only have it occasionally at that price and as Dad fancied some for his 81st birthday we treated him.

What i posted (just that not the others scran on the order) cost £21

Cod £11.90

Chips £4.70

Curry £2.30

Peas £2.30

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Fuckin hell! Well done on that and the biggest dump that followed. When we where doing family chippy nights the carrier bags where like a workout they where that heavy and rather expensive.

I hate food waste when the people are starving.

I always get laughed at as I count food portions per person, if i say 3 pieces of garlic bread each, thats it unless you can negotiate with someone. So fuckin anal, can't help it.

Was some dump!

I am actually really anti food waste too and have a bit of OCD over it, so I get where you are coming from.

• Upvote 1

Hangover curing lunch.

Steak burger with sloe cooked bbq brisket, cheese, bacon and onion rings for me.

Aubergine gratin for her.

20240525_135448.jpg

20240525_135438.jpg

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’m in the food waste industry, about 1:3rd of all food produced goes to waste. Loads goes straight from the warehouse to the food waste plants without ever going near a shop. I’ve seen whole lorry loads of in date steak go straight into the bin becuase of the cost and time of driving it to a supermarket. Sell by dates are a terrible idea, create huge amounts of waste.

That is a fuckin disgrace. 

My mrs is obsessed by sell by dates, I've told her if ever there's a zombie apocolypse she's fucked.  She won't eat anything after the date, fuckin wierdo.

No one has produced hit after hit since Michelangelo spent a summer on his back twatting about doing doodles in the Sistine Chapel.

Diablo, they hated everything they considered scared  before they were told it was the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1