Quantcast
The Foodie thread - Page 118 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Champ

The Foodie thread

Recommended Posts

Yeah they do them down here. Very nice toasted. Not as nice as the limited run of marmalade muffins they did for the Paddington bear film the other year. Marmalade and sultana muffins, we just sliced them in half toasted them and buttered them too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The verdict

M&S Salted Caramel & Chocolate Hot Cross Buns were all right. They weren’t as doughy/chewy as the originals which was a shame but the chocolate element worked well.

 

M&S Marmalade Hot Cross Buns were a bit disappointing too. Again, not nearly sticky enough although if you’re looking for positives it does mean you can put them in the toaster with a reasonable expectation of getting them out in one piece when they’re done.

 

The originals are still easily the best

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Champ said:

The verdict

M&S Salted Caramel & Chocolate Hot Cross Buns were all right. They weren’t as doughy/chewy as the originals which was a shame but the chocolate element worked well.

 

M&S Marmalade Hot Cross Buns were a bit disappointing too. Again, not nearly sticky enough although if you’re looking for positives it does mean you can put them in the toaster with a reasonable expectation of getting them out in one piece when they’re done.

 

The originals are still easily the best

Did you toast the salted caramel and chocolate ones? Much nicer toasted (under the grill), in my opinion, as the chocolate and caramel melts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Did you toast the salted caramel and chocolate ones? Much nicer toasted (under the grill), in my opinion, as the chocolate and caramel melts.

I didn't, Tony, but I'm happy to give it a go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Champ said:

I didn't, Tony, but I'm happy to give it a go

Toasted under the grill, so that they are really hot, with lots of butter. I prefer them to ordinary hot cross buns, but then again, I’m not a big fan of ordinary ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Toasted under the grill, so that they are really hot, with lots of butter. I prefer them to ordinary hot cross buns, but then again, I’m not a big fan of ordinary ones.

Not another anti dried fruit weirdo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nah, I like dried fruit.

Then how can you not like Hot Cross Buns?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Champ said:

Then how can you not like Hot Cross Buns?

 

I don’t dislike hot cross buns, just plenty of cakes and things that I’d rather eat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Vegi sausages? 

Has to be Linda McCartney's.  I know that rough jagged outer texture like the back of my hand.  

 

The juxtaposition with the previous post about eating the best ever steak left me reeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a heavy duty meat grinder for the kitchen aid off the missus for me birthday. Gonnna be knocking out some smart lines in the next couple of weeks.

anyone done their own sausages?

first carry on gif gets negged.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TK421 said:

Has to be Linda McCartney's.  I know that rough jagged outer texture like the back of my hand.  

 

The juxtaposition with the previous post about eating the best ever steak left me reeling.

They are yes. Had them in my freezer and was stuck for a tea. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Got a heavy duty meat grinder for the kitchen aid off the missus for me birthday. Gonnna be knocking out some smart lines in the next couple of weeks.

anyone done their own sausages?

first carry on gif gets negged.

"Heavy duty meat grinder" was Stigs navy nickname.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Got a heavy duty meat grinder for the kitchen aid off the missus for me birthday. Gonnna be knocking out some smart lines in the next couple of weeks.

anyone done their own sausages?

first carry on gif gets negged.

Yep -- duck has been a huge hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

 

Not sure what’s going wrong with your mixture mate. 

 

Todays Yorkshire’s...

 

 

 

76E92D67-AA06-48AE-87FE-217D6685450A.jpeg

Bit of gravy over the top of that and it's job done. Fuck everything else.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

The silicon trays are ace for Yorkshire puddings. 

 

They work great and are piss easy to clean up after. 

 

I prefer using a metal tray though so you get a quicker crisp on the bottom. Quicker the crisp the quicker the rise I’ve found. 

 

But its only a personal thing and as you say the silicon ones do come out great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • It's a pity because it's unfair on clubs like Bolton who will probably now get relegated to the third tier and Birmingham. I know they are under the EFL but they are smaller clubs who haven't had the benefit of the big Premier league TV deals.    It's going to be a slow decline for Everton and the longer we are competing at the top it will burn their heads out.    Any player with any ambition wont go there, let alone a manager. With no extra income the quality of their squad will deteriorate. 
    • I didn't think the Premiership sustainability one takes points, just cash.    They can't sell anyone good because they would be weakening an already shit squad by selling the best players. They could do with shifting some of the unflushables but good look with that, they're not leaving. December is a tough month for all teams, the fixtures come thick and fast and many teams struggle. They have some horrific fixtures in December and it's difficult to see how they could pick up any points in that month unless something truly miraculous happens.       
    • Would they get £50m for him though?. He scores about 10 a season and falls over every time he gets near the penalty area. Dont even remember how much they paid for Digne.    They need someone like Rooney to come through again so they can get some money off their manc masters. 
    • Basically why it has been dragged out for almost 4 years. According to that report they spent £11.7m on stadium designs and studies. Yet that Dan Meis is revered because he got an Everton tattooed.    I would love them to get deducted points if they have broken the sustainability rules. They have called us cheats for the last two seasons and suck off Man City so it would be ironic if they got done for financial irregularities. They've been looked at before over vague or dubious ownership with Moshiri and Usmanov.    Even a smaller stadium costing £300m seems to be beyond them now. Remember, the one on the docks was supposed to be a big tourism pull (even though they hate our foreign fans) and was supposed to put the loft conversion to shame. 
    • I think Klopp said the last lot of international games finish on Tuesday.
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

×