Quantcast
The Foodie thread - Page 118 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Champ

The Foodie thread

Yeah they do them down here. Very nice toasted. Not as nice as the limited run of marmalade muffins they did for the Paddington bear film the other year. Marmalade and sultana muffins, we just sliced them in half toasted them and buttered them too. 

The verdict

M&S Salted Caramel & Chocolate Hot Cross Buns were all right. They weren’t as doughy/chewy as the originals which was a shame but the chocolate element worked well.

M&S Marmalade Hot Cross Buns were a bit disappointing too. Again, not nearly sticky enough although if you’re looking for positives it does mean you can put them in the toaster with a reasonable expectation of getting them out in one piece when they’re done.

The originals are still easily the best

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Champ said:

The verdict

M&S Salted Caramel & Chocolate Hot Cross Buns were all right. They weren’t as doughy/chewy as the originals which was a shame but the chocolate element worked well.

M&S Marmalade Hot Cross Buns were a bit disappointing too. Again, not nearly sticky enough although if you’re looking for positives it does mean you can put them in the toaster with a reasonable expectation of getting them out in one piece when they’re done.

The originals are still easily the best

Did you toast the salted caramel and chocolate ones? Much nicer toasted (under the grill), in my opinion, as the chocolate and caramel melts.

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Did you toast the salted caramel and chocolate ones? Much nicer toasted (under the grill), in my opinion, as the chocolate and caramel melts.

I didn't, Tony, but I'm happy to give it a go

3 minutes ago, Champ said:

I didn't, Tony, but I'm happy to give it a go

Toasted under the grill, so that they are really hot, with lots of butter. I prefer them to ordinary hot cross buns, but then again, I’m not a big fan of ordinary ones.

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Toasted under the grill, so that they are really hot, with lots of butter. I prefer them to ordinary hot cross buns, but then again, I’m not a big fan of ordinary ones.

Not another anti dried fruit weirdo?

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nah, I like dried fruit.

Then how can you not like Hot Cross Buns?

47 minutes ago, Champ said:

Then how can you not like Hot Cross Buns?

I don’t dislike hot cross buns, just plenty of cakes and things that I’d rather eat.

13 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Vegi sausages? 

Has to be Linda McCartney's.  I know that rough jagged outer texture like the back of my hand.  

The juxtaposition with the previous post about eating the best ever steak left me reeling.

Got a heavy duty meat grinder for the kitchen aid off the missus for me birthday. Gonnna be knocking out some smart lines in the next couple of weeks.

anyone done their own sausages?

first carry on gif gets negged.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, TK421 said:

Has to be Linda McCartney's.  I know that rough jagged outer texture like the back of my hand.  

The juxtaposition with the previous post about eating the best ever steak left me reeling.

They are yes. Had them in my freezer and was stuck for a tea. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Got a heavy duty meat grinder for the kitchen aid off the missus for me birthday. Gonnna be knocking out some smart lines in the next couple of weeks.

"Heavy duty meat grinder" was Stigs navy nickname.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Yep -- duck has been a huge hit.

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Not sure what’s going wrong with your mixture mate. 

Todays Yorkshire’s...

76E92D67-AA06-48AE-87FE-217D6685450A.jpeg

Bit of gravy over the top of that and it's job done. Fuck everything else.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

The silicon trays are ace for Yorkshire puddings. 

They work great and are piss easy to clean up after. 

I prefer using a metal tray though so you get a quicker crisp on the bottom. Quicker the crisp the quicker the rise I’ve found. 

But its only a personal thing and as you say the silicon ones do come out great.