You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Does anyone else think that an omlette in a sandwich is a bit weird? 

Fucking love it mate.  I find eggs a bit messy so if I'm having bacon, sausage and eggs on a barm I'll have the eggs in omelette form.  Tidy as fuck.  Also eggs are protein so if you've been working out, stick an omelette on light brown bread so you get a bit of carbs and loads of protein. 

Ive just never heard of it before. Maybe im scared of the unknown but the thought of it is horrible. Fried egg hell yeah but not an omelette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of it? Seriously? You need to get out more. Bit of grated cheese, ground black pepper. Try it. You might like it

Chefs amongst the GF, I have a question for you.

I loved pulled pork but when you buy it in the supermarkets pre-packaged you get very little bang for your buck.

What the best way to make your own and what are the best sauces to marinade it in.

Cheers.

Since no one picked up on this and I love me some 'cue - I will give you two pretty easy options. The lengths that some are willing to go on this dish are mind boggling.

Either way boneless pork butt. No marinating - dry rub. Easy quick dry rub is 1/3 salt - 1/3 sugar - 1/3 spice. For the salt Lawry's Seasoned is a contest staple, may want to mix in either some garlic salt, or I use celery salt as well - for the sugar, at least half of that amount should be brown - the more brown sugar the more caramelization which is how you get your "bark" if you are doing hardwood low and slow bbq When in doubt go all brown. Mix of spices - cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, can do cumin maybe dried mustard. Hard to screw it up tbh.

Rub your butt.

Two ways to cook -

Hardwood fire = @ 225 to 250F, indirect heat - 4 hours, wrap in foil, cook for 1 more hour. You can add a water pan if you want to introduce some steam into the process. If you have a traditional BBQ this is very time consuming to keep the fire constant and low enough - I have been using a kamado style cooker for years and it is alot easier to get it to temp and then let it run.

The other option which will give you pretty good results minus the bark and the smoke ring and the 6 pints you will drink tending the fire is in the crock pot - hi for 4 hours, at three hours add a couple drops of Liquid Smoke. Drain and cover with favorite bbq sauce, cook another hour on low. Meat will fall apart with two forks shredding it.

Sauce is another religion altogether - best to just buy one you know you like.

The myriad ways of brining, injecting and mopping that can be done if you are cooking on a real fire are to much to even go into - tbh if you are used to store bought prepackaged variety the slow cooker will yield very good results, very easily and will certainly bring down your cost per pound.