You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Seems not many have heard of them so a Treat for the GF unknowers

celeryBADboy

Sorry, where's the "modern twist"?

Give me Rocket From The Crypt any day.

Did you listen to Aces? That's the kind of stuff theyre gonna do as there about to hit it big.

Clearly he never Si. He just made the comment up without listening to them at all.

This 'modern twist' you talk about is not modern. it is regurgitated and has been done many, many times before.

It's like saying you added some pickled veg to a mackerel tartar so it becomes a unique dish.

Jesus Fuckinjg Christ I give up, Do you here Proper Rock n Roll today. Mainstream like? No Is what i posted Proper Rock n Roll? No! Has it been Modernised a bit? Yes! Maybe Twist is the wrong fucking word. I dont think im a genius at anything, Just Yesterday i found out some peeps never heard of them so i thought id be nice and start off a kind of Introduction thread that i though many on here would like Music wise.

Jesus Fuckinjg Christ I give up, Do you here Proper Rock n Roll today. Mainstream like? No Is what i posted Proper Rock n Roll? No! Has it been Modernised a bit? Yes! Maybe Twist is the wrong fucking word. I dont think im a genius at anything, Just Yesterday i found out some peeps never heard of them so i thought id be nice and start off a kind of Introduction thread that i though many on here would like Music wise.

You really don't like being questioned do you Si?

You really don't like being questioned do you Si?

It doesnt bother me its just when i get snarky comment like Simon posted it he knows everything Snarkly, and constant pops. Also fucking Tags i could post a thread about how sad i am that my great aunt had died and some cunt would put a stupid tag or comment about that. Its not being questioned on one thread mate its every fucking thread and the snarkly pops aswell. You think i like seeing the word Mong directed at me in every fucking thread?

Edited by celeryBADboy

It doesnt bother me its just when i get snarky comment like Simon posted it he knows everything Snarkly, and constant pops. Also fucking Tags i could post a thread about how sad i am that my great aunt had died and some cunt would put a stupid tag or comment about that. Its not being questioned on one thread mate its every fucking thread and the snarkly pops aswell.

You made your bed mate by sharing a lot of stuff with us, lie in it.

It doesnt bother me its just when i get snarky comment like Simon posted it he knows everything Snarkly, and constant pops. Also fucking Tags i could post a thread about how sad i am that my great aunt had died and some cunt would put a stupid tag or comment about that. Its not being questioned on one thread mate its every fucking thread and the snarkly pops aswell. You think i like seeing the word Mong directed at me in every fucking thread?

Quite.

Si, thank you for the videos, I hadn't heard of them before and I like coming across new stuff. It's not for me, I liked Aces the least, it sounds like they are aiming for that Last Shadow Puppets shite. It's their lead single and they are playing to the gallery, in this case the gallery being NME acolytes who like retro music because it's retro, not because of the music.

Their other stuff is sound, just pretty traditional. The guitarist is talented and the singer too to be fair. Lyrically they don't have much going from what I've heard so far, not enough passion to carry the cliches. They may yet change my mind, I've hated far better bands and had to face it (Yeah Yeah Yeahs releasing Cheated Hearts shut me up and at one point I decided Interpol were shite, I don't know if I've ever been more wrong).

The point is while the NME crowd are guiding their targets, I'll be off listening to people whose target are in accord with their passion. Such as John Reis (after all he's more than RFTC, The Night Marchers released a new album this year and I'm hoping for a tour).

KWSjBJOKSLo

Here's a quality rock and roll song post-2000 (I think)

up6cFX0aC3E

actually the Swedes are pretty good at this rock and roll lark, with The Hives and Randy too (some of Dennis Lyxzen's post-Refused stuff too).