You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Glen is overrated defensively to be fair to Code he is by far our weakest link. Great going forward but Lucas is constantly pulling him out of shit without no one to command the back line it becomes more evident as most of lucas game hes looking after Glen and Centre Defnce becomes weaker. If Reina and Carra aint playing then Wisdom should be choice over glen. We have to get a DC that is capable of organising the back line a Vidic Type the likes of Skrtel would thrive from that IMO. Who that Candidate is though? I dont know. If not then its bad times ahead for us as long as we stick with Glen.

Glen is overrated defensively to be fair to Code he is by far our weakest link. Great going forward but Lucas is constantly pulling him out of shit without no one to command the back line it becomes more evident as most of lucas game hes looking after Glen and Centre Defnce becomes weaker. If Reina and Carra aint playing then Wisdom should be choice over glen. We have to get a DC that is capable of organising the back line a Vidic Type the likes of Skrtel would thrive from that IMO. Who that Candidate is though? I dont know. If not then its bad times ahead for us as long as we stick with Glen.

he isn't our weakest link. far from it. he has made a few mistakes but i'd rather have him in the team than out.

you would be hard pushed to find more than 2 better right backs in the league.

and he robs bog seats. what's not to like.

What about that youngster at united, Steve Bruce?

Wasn't he a youngster at Norwich - and an annoying, ugly bulbus headed, Bernard Cribbins lookalike at United?

I just hope we get that Dean Saunders - he will score goals in any team that lad.

We're not going to buy anybody with quality, we'll just get that fat shit Williams for 18m because he's British and captain of his club and country and probably another desperate fucker who will get injured after 3 games and Rodgers will be talking about progress as we sink deeper into the Abyss of mediocrity.

and we will all be sitting here thinking of the past, masturbating and eating chocolate strawberry biscuits.

Edited by Nightcat

Bollocks

We're not going to buy anybody with quality, we'll just get that fat shit Williams for 18m because he's British and captain to his club and country and probably another desperate fucker who will get injured after 3 games and Rodgers will be talking for progress as we sink deeper into the Abyss of mediocrity.

and we will all be sitting here thinking of the past, masturbating and eating chocolate strawberry biscuits.

You're quite the cheery fucker aren't you? IMO all you can do is judge Rodgers on what he has signed thus far, and for the money he has spent he has done very well. There are question marks over Allen for sure, but Sturridge and Countinho are excellent signings for the money involved. Trust in Brendan.

Bollocks

It's really not though. Wouldn't go as far as to say he's 'by far' our weakest link though. But he's not very good defensively, which is a bit of a problem when your a defender. He'd be great in a great side,he's just not what we need at this moment in time. We'd get a good fee for him & improve our defence at the same time. I'd prefer Kelly there, someone whose natural game is to defend. A good back 4 play as a unit & holds the line. He gets caught out of position far too often & leaves us exposed. Is it any coincidence that Agger, Skrtel & Pepe have had such a bad season. The opposition will always have a chance when Glen is playing.

According to Liverpool.no (via Sport.es) we're looking into the possibility of snatching Barcelona's 16 year old Forward Sergi Caños. Apparently we've given him an offer. Due to how youth contracts are handled in Spain we can pick him up for free (?) if we do it this spring/summer.

La Premier amenaza de nuevo al cadete del Barça | SPORT

Translated: The new Premier threat to Barça Cadet | SPORT

The mandatory Youtube vid... 2 years old though:

I don't know if Glen would be great in a great side but he'd certainly be better in a more mobile defense. When he gets forward there is so much space between him and any of CBs that anyone can exploit it. He doesn't make contact with attacking players until they're near the penalty area - we play a line so far back it's impossible to get behind our CBs.

A lot of that has to do with missing Lucas, but Lucas isn't anywhere near as mobile as he was pre-injury. We got Glen because of his skill in attack, not his defending, and he hasn't been making many runs lately, especially with Carra back in the side.

According to Liverpool.no (via Sport.es) we're looking into the possibility of snatching Barcelona's 16 year old Forward Sergi Caños. Apparently we've given him an offer. Due to how youth contracts are handled in Spain we can pick him up for free (?) if we do it this spring/summer.

La Premier amenaza de nuevo al cadete del Barça | SPORT

Translated: The new Premier threat to Barça Cadet | SPORT

The mandatory Youtube vid... 2 years old though:

This is very exciting news. We can play "Guess The Spanish Second Division Club He Gets Fucked Off To On A Free In About Three To Five Years".

It's really not though. Wouldn't go as far as to say he's 'by far' our weakest link though. But he's not very good defensively, which is a bit of a problem when your a defender. He'd be great in a great side,he's just not what we need at this moment in time. We'd get a good fee for him & improve our defence at the same time. I'd prefer Kelly there, someone whose natural game is to defend. A good back 4 play as a unit & holds the line. He gets caught out of position far too often & leaves us exposed. Is it any coincidence that Agger, Skrtel & Pepe have had such a bad season. The opposition will always have a chance when Glen is playing.

I would say that over the course of the season Johnson has been our best defensive player & when you add that to the fact that he is also an offensive threat , I can't see that selling him makes any sense whatsoever. He has been first choice England right-back for the last 3 managers, yet you want us to jib him for cash that we may or may not see reinvested & take a punt on a young lad , who albeit talented, makes Fabio Aurelio seem like he is made of titanium.

On a wider point I can't understand why a lot of our fans are always pointing out the weakness of the squad & then wanting to sell decent players at the drop of a hat. Surely the most obvious lesson of the last 4 seasons is that you keep hold of your better players as much as possible.

I would say that over the course of the season Johnson has been our best defensive player & when you add that to the fact that he is also an offensive threat , I can't see that selling him makes any sense whatsoever. He has been first choice England right-back for the last 3 managers, yet you want us to jib him for cash that we may or may not see reinvested & take a punt on a young lad , who albeit talented, makes Fabio Aurelio seem like he is made of titanium.

On a wider point I can't understand why a lot of our fans are always pointing out the weakness of the squad & then wanting to sell decent players at the drop of a hat. Surely the most obvious lesson of the last 4 seasons is that you keep hold of your better players as much as possible.

He is bt far the weakest when there is noone telling the defence what to do he far too attacking for us imo Lucas is constantly pulling out of the shit just like Dirk was theres a reason Lucas was better with Dirk thats because Dirk Supported Glen and Lucas was able to guard the Center Defence more.