You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

With him being unveiled at Blackpool today it will be interesting to see if Tom Ince stays or leaves, I think will him being an ex player and them being a good championship side it may be a good idea to link up with Blackpool and send a few players to them on loan, I know that happened last season but maybe players like Teixera, Mclouglin, Brad Smith, Adam Morgan given a chance in that league, it's could benefit them, look how well Ngoo has done at Hearts playing at a tougher level than academy.

Thoughts ?

The fact Tom Ince seemed to um and ah about coming back before electing to stay at Blackpool seems well dodgy now his dad has taken chance. Did he know so poured cold water on the move? Before people accuse me of a being a conspiracy nut that new Southampton manager more or less said he'd been approached weeks before they fired Atkins so it is possible.

Hilarious move with a whiff of sinister on Blackpool's part. Younger Ince will still leave, but will older Ince entice him to sign a new contract, therefore his eventual departure the fetch the older Ince some money to spend on new players -- which helps his own career; or will the older Ince look out exclusively for younger Ince's interest? Decision, decision.

Loved this from carra's book:

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has revealed how the mild-mannered Gerard Houllier tore strips off Paul Ince while they were together at Anfield.

In his autobiography, 'Carra: My Autobiography', Carragher describes how Houllier underlined his authority by tearing a strip off Ince but ended his reign a broken man after being struck down by a life-threatening heart condition.

"Ince was the unwitting victim of the most brutal exhibition of management I have seen at Anfield," he says. Liverpool were leading an FA Cup fourth-round tie at Old Trafford 1-0 but, after Ince limped off, United fought back to win 2-1.

"There was a team meeting a week later, and Ince decided, as club captain, it was time to take Houllier on. He questioned training methods and the response was furiously impressive.

"Fixing Ince with a stare, Houllier asked: 'Since the day I arrived, how many five-a-sides have you won? Ill tell you 'four in six months.'

"Ince was bewildered, as we all were, by Houlliers memory and grasp of detail, and it didnt end there. 'Now perhaps you can explain to the lads what happened to you against United. When my team are 1-0 up at Old Trafford in a cup tie, I dont expect my captain to limp off with an injury. If he has to come off, I expect it to be on a stretcher.'

Loved reading that.

I always wondered what we could have achieved under Houllier had he not had his heart issue.

He was a shadow if himself when he came back.

The night he walked out onto the touch line against Roma was special,I'd loved to have been at that game.

Loved reading that.

I always wondered what we could have achieved under Houllier had he not had his heart issue.

He was a shadow if himself when he came back.

The night he walked out onto the touch line against Roma was special,I'd loved to have been at that game.

love houllier. he brought us back into the top 4, made some shocking signings but instilled a great belief in the team. He also must take some credit for gerrards development.

always wanted him back in a DoF capacity but we haven't had a manager that would have put up with it.... knowing houllier he would have wanted full reigns and stood on too many toes.

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has revealed how the mild-mannered Gerard Houllier tore strips off Paul Ince while they were together at Anfield.

In his autobiography, 'Carra: My Autobiography', Carragher describes how Houllier underlined his authority by tearing a strip off Ince but ended his reign a broken man after being struck down by a life-threatening heart condition.

"Ince was the unwitting victim of the most brutal exhibition of management I have seen at Anfield," he says. Liverpool were leading an FA Cup fourth-round tie at Old Trafford 1-0 but, after Ince limped off, United fought back to win 2-1.

"There was a team meeting a week later, and Ince decided, as club captain, it was time to take Houllier on. He questioned training methods and the response was furiously impressive.

"Fixing Ince with a stare, Houllier asked: 'Since the day I arrived, how many five-a-sides have you won? Ill tell you 'four in six months.'

"Ince was bewildered, as we all were, by Houlliers memory and grasp of detail, and it didnt end there. 'Now perhaps you can explain to the lads what happened to you against United. When my team are 1-0 up at Old Trafford in a cup tie, I dont expect my captain to limp off with an injury. If he has to come off, I expect it to be on a stretcher.'

'Kin 'ell, didn't expect that from Houllier. Impressive stuff from Ged.

"Come back with your shield...or on it"

Reading the BBC comments on Ince's appointment reminded me of the hilarious 1998 World Cup penalty shoot out in which Ince didn't take part. He wouldn't even look over in case he caught the manager's eye and was forced to take a penalty. For a so called hard man he sure bottled it then.

Great story bjornebye , il have to dig out me carra book, it's been a while. Also who came out the quote at the bottom of your page (about ynwa) ?

Guest San Don

Fucking loved Ged. Shame it went tits up for him. If only he'd have signed anelka instead of splurging the money on those two at the world cup.

and he was spot fucking on about ince.