You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spend all summer trying to sign Sahin on load from Real Madrid, then bench him all season.

Not really done much to warrant a start though has he, Randy?

Bar one or two games, he's stunk the place out. Seen my arse with after that Chelsea game when he pulled out of two or three challenges. Things like that, he hasn't really helped himself.

Bar one or two games, he's stunk the place out. Seen my arse with after that Chelsea game when he pulled out of two or three challenges. Things like that, he hasn't really helped himself.

not been played in his correct role in fairness although I did think he showed he is capable of the more advanced role in a couple of games he played there, get him in the team play him deep and Stevie forward and I think we'd see a huge improvement in both of them

He didn't set the place a light early on, looked a bit off the pace I agree. But he hasn't started a PL match in what must be over two months now. The lad supposedly has pedigree about him and with some of the abject displays we have served up recently I'd like to see him in his preferred central role for a few matches with Steven Gerrard pushed up the field. Can't be any worse than the shite our midfield has served up.

not been played in his correct role in fairness although I did think he showed he is capable of the more advanced role in a couple of games he played there, get him in the team play him deep and Stevie forward and I think we'd see a huge improvement in both of them

May be the case, mate. Admittedly, I hadn't seen him play for Dortmund when he was apparently shit hot, but I thought he was a bit of a pointless signing at the time and if we were going to try and get a player in on loan, I'd have rather it have been a forward.

I can see how he may be better suited to playing further forward because the games I was alluding to in my previous post were against West Brom and Norwich when he scored three goals (and I think set one against Norwich, if I remember rightly). I can even remember him making one or two good runs into the box against Stoke (I think), only not to get picked out.

As I said, it's the shirking out of challenges and the look of disinterest which has bothered me most about him. Fair enough, you're not in your preferred role, but put a shift in and look like you give a crap at the very least. I would have thought being on loan, there's an incentive to do well because if he does, either Madrid will take him back and see him as part of their plans or we'll buy him and make him a part of the side. Times when he's played, he's looked like he just doesn't want to be here.

I do think the lad has talent from what I've seen of him, but if there's no application there it's of fuck all use. Just hope he pulls his finger out after Christmas and can show us what he can do.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If we get beat it wont be Brendans fault again because he is ill.

Teflon Rodgers

Well, if we win it certainly won't be because of Rodgers. Credit Rodgers with anything? Nah, fuck that.