You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

not really sure what sort of team I'd go for in this one, we've tended to play a stronger team at home in this competition although I've said it before that I wouldn't even consider playing Suarez and it has proved very useful for giving some lesser used players a run out this season and has even seen a couple make a breakthrough to the first team

---------------Jones---------------

Johnson--Skrtel---Coates---Robinson

----------Henderson--Sahin-------

Cole--------------Shelvey-----Assiadi

-------------------Morgan-----------

subs

Reina

Carragher

Wisdom

Gerrard

Suso

Pacheco

Yesil

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe you put Cole in your starting 11.

I didn't think anyone except his ma wanted to see that again.

Give Reina a game again, he is only just back and if we are serious about this we need to be stable at the back. Carragher was a rock at the bridge, he deserves his place with Coates next to him.

Hope to see Shelvey against these again.

Difficult one to call when the squad is as thin as ours. Suppose he'll start strong and hope to be in a position to take a few off 2nd half.

Personally I'd be happy to see us 'use the squad' for this and keep the seniors on the bench.

Wonder if Downing will be in reckoning at all?

Can't believe you put Cole in your starting 11.

I didn't think anyone except his ma wanted to see that again.

I just like to delude myself he is going to become good again even though I vowed to stop doing that after the Swansea game in which he put in one of the worst performances I've ever seen

plus he might as well do something for all that money

not really sure what sort of team I'd go for in this one, we've tended to play a stronger team at home in this competition although I've said it before that I wouldn't even consider playing Suarez and it has proved very useful for giving some lesser used players a run out this season and has even seen a couple make a breakthrough to the first team

subs

Reina

Carragher

Wisdom

Gerrard

Suso

Pacheco

Yesil

I'd go for a similar line up, except I'd rather start Pacheco over Cole, and put Ibe in for Pacheco's place on the bench.

I'd put Yesil in instead of Morgan, who performed admirably against Anzhi, just to spread the game time. Both seem hungry and are willing runners, although Morgan is a lefty, and they're a bit kek to play against...

We will know the result of the other game before we kick off. If Udinese don't win in Russia then all we need to qualify is a win against Young Boys.

I would play a strong, attacking side and all being well we can put the kids on the flight to Italy.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Assaidi, Suarez, Sterling

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Assaidi, Suarez, Sterling

I think we have to be careful with Sterling and protect him.

We have 4 games in 11 days. Before that Sterling played three games last week for club and country.

I'd like to see Sterling rested more than anyone else.

He is 17, is playing a lot of football and let's protect him and not burn him out.

subs

Reina

Carragher

Wisdom

Gerrard

Suso

Pacheco

Yesil

You are way way off , not even Suarez on the bench ? , this is a must win game not no meek surrender.

We will field a strong team like we did against Anzhi at home.

I think we have to be careful with Sterling and protect him.

We have 4 games in 11 days. Before that Sterling played three games last week for club and country.

I'd like to see Sterling rested more than anyone else.

He is 17, is playing a lot of football and let's protect him and not burn him out.

Hes 17 and as fit as a fiddle , hes played a handful of games for us , he could most likely play a game a day , hes fine.

Hes 17 and as fit as a fiddle , hes played a handful of games for us , he could most likely play a game a day , hes fine.

I'd rather see us protect him.

Save him for the league.

You are way way off , not even Suarez on the bench ? , this is a must win game not no meek surrender.

We will field a strong team like we did against Anzhi at home.

like I said in the post I wouldn't even consider playing Suarez at all in this competition, not until we have more first team strikers at least

--------------------------------------Reina---------------------------------------

Wisdom-------------Carragher----------------Coates-----------------Robinson

----------------------------------Henderson-------------------------------------

----------------------Shelvey-------------------Sahin--------------------------

Suso------------------------------Pacheco-------------------------------Assaidi

I'd start with something like that with GJ, Gerrard, Suarez, Sterling, Allen and Agger on the bench.

we have enough cover all over the pitch to rest most of the first team. flanagan could come in at right back for wisdom but we basically have suarez as centre forward and no one else - unless we use morgan or Yesil (why isn't he playing for the u 21s?)

shelvey might start as centre forward if suarez is rested. he came on for suarez there on saturday.

Reina

Flanagan Carra Skrtel Robinson

Sahin Henderson Shelvey

Suso Suarez Assaidi

Resting Suarez for a home game we need to win is not an option in my opinion. Would like to see a strong bench as well. Being able to know the result of the other game before we play is a great advantage as well. Hopefully Anzhi can help us get through and put us in the position to decide it for ourselves before the last game.