You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is acceptable after 19 games of our PL season?

Code

Well, it's all a bit more involved than just points though isn't it. He needs to provide tangible evidence of improvement and that he's establishing a platform for continued improvement.

He's not done that. But he has managed to set a pretty low benchmark in the first 3rd of the season. So it should be a doddle to improve from here on in.

To me it's points. 70 points this season, 80 points next. And I know all about low expectations, I have worked way too long to miss that starting point. I just hope others don't do that...

Looking at the fixtures involved I would begrudgingly settle for 4 wins & 2 draws out of the 8 games , mainly as we have very little firepower up front & this puts all our games on a knife-edge even if we play well.

This would take us practically to January, when real progress needs to be made, by Rodgers & FSG.

Code really is a Scandic troll of incredible levels

Rafa,Rodgers, nobody is ever good enough are they?

I don't post very often but he really is a tosspot of epic proportions.

Every post you make is usually made up with insults, but please explain to me what is wrong with the questions in this thread?

Its a pretty straight forward question and the only reason I can think of anyone having a problem with it is if they are a bit uncomfortable with the answer they come up with.

Every post you make is usually made up with insults, but please explain to me what is wrong with the questions in this thread?

Its a pretty straight forward question and the only reason I can think of anyone having a problem with it is if they are a bit uncomfortable with the answer they come up with.

Well Code seeing as I post about 80 posts a year and you post that in a week it seems, you must have an incredible memory.

I think you overplay the 'Nordic tactical genius' line of your posts but that's jut my view.

As for insults you appear to have that line covered with the bloke who won us the European cup, but having a blind spot to my favourite ever player as a Manager.

But as I've said on another thread, everyone is entitled to their view.

And mine is your a bit of a 'Superfan' who posts here far too often.

Well Code seeing as I post about 80 posts a year and you post that in a week it seems, you must have an incredible memory.

I think you overplay the 'Nordic tactical genius' line of your posts but that's just my view.

As for insults you appear to have that line covered with the bloke who won us the European cup, but having a blind spot to my favourite ever player as a Manager.

I think you overplay the 'Nordic tactical genius' line of your posts but that's jut my view.

Nah I only post 6,54 posts a day in average.

Is it fair to say anything less than 25 points is unacceptable seeing that is what Hodgson got and he was sacked a few days later and at least 95% of the fanbase wanted him out?

No, it is not fair to say that. Hodgson was not the man chosen by the owners. It was obvious he was not the fans' choice either, and we had Kenny waiting in the wings to come and steady the ship.

Rodgers is different. He is the choice of the owners. That gives him the benefit of any doubt. I expect them to show some leadership and continue to back their man. Sometimes you have to cut your losses, but we are not nearly at that point. Hopefully a few easier games will see us get more wins in Nov/Dec and then strengthen in January. It would not be right to change the manager again.

Setting an arbitrary points total for what is acceptable strikes me as trying to set aside some ammunition to have a go at the manager later in the season, should we not amass 25 points after 19 games.

We should be more patient and see what unfolds. Rodgers is not under pressure. There is no way he will be gone this season, and I will extremely surprised if he is not at the helm leading us into next season.

My only agenda is winning Fuuunneeee, I was well pleased with the goal, just a shame we did not try out other options to see if we could nick it.

Just be happy we didn't get beat. European Champions away, it was a good result.

I'm not happy with where we are, but I wont lay the blame at Rodgers door, he's been dealt a rotten hand and it's a slow fix when you haven't got a hundred million for signings and wages.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

13 points out of a possible 24. Seems doable.

Wigan (H)

Swansea (A)

Spurs (A)

Southampton (H)

West Ham (A)

Villa (H)

Fulham (H)

Stoke (A)

Plus QPR (A), all before the transfer window opens. Considering we've only lost 3 games out of the 11, we shouldn't expect to be beaten to many times. We should be looking to pick up all three points against Wigan, Swansea, So'ton, West Ham. That'd be twelve. Say we get nine of those, that leaves us a win and a draw out of Spurs, Villa, Fulham and Stoke. Doable.

Then comes the transfer window, after which we'll need to turn our draws into wins.

I take that as you would not really worry if we only have 25 points after 19 games then.

Would 20 points make you seriously start to consider Rodgers position and if his posession at the cost of taking every opportunity to hit the opponent on the break is the right way to go?

Just a reminder of what we are talking about here, this is the difference between 17 and 18 the last 5 seasons halfway through the season.

11/12:

17. QPR 19 4 5 10 18-33 17p

18. Wigan 19 3 6 10 17-37 15p

10/11:[/b

17. Fulham 19 3 10 6 19-23 19p

18. Birmingham 19 3 10 6 18-24 19p

09/10:

17. West Ham 19 4 6 9 28-35 18p

18. Bolton 19 4 6 9 26-38 18p

08/09:

17. Middlesbrough 19 5 5 9 17-28 20p

18. Stoke City 19 5 5 9 17-31 20p

07/08:

17. Wigan 19 4 4 11 19-34 16p

18. Fulham 19 2 8 9 20-34 14p

I thought it could be useful to post it as its not part of the table I've paid much attention to earlier.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Would 20 points make you seriously start to consider Rodgers position

No. It'd be disappointing to take only 8 points from 24, and I can't see that happening, but he deserves time to bring in players at the attacking end of the pitch.

13 points out of a possible 24. Seems doable.

Wigan (H) 3

Swansea (A) 1

Spurs (A) 1

Southampton (H) 3

West Ham (A) 1

Villa (H) 3

Fulham (H) 3

Stoke (A) 1

Plus QPR (A), all before the transfer window opens. Considering we've only lost 3 games out of the 11, we shouldn't expect to be beaten to many times. We should be looking to pick up all three points against Wigan, Swansea, So'ton, West Ham. That'd be twelve. Say we get nine of those, that leaves us a win and a draw out of Spurs, Villa, Fulham and Stoke. Doable.

Then comes the transfer window, after which we'll need to turn our draws into wins.

Code, I hate you, you fuckin tedious, repetitive fuckin cunt. Incidentally, how many points did Kenny bag us in the last half of last season, was that acceptable to you? What if Rodgers 1st half of the season betters that? What does that tell us? Not much, we base our progress over a full season, we get fully behind our Manager & team & see where we end up. To talk & speculate of what we 'might' get is fuckin ridiculous,

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Wigan (H) 1

Swansea (A) 0

Spurs (A) 0

Southampton (H) 1

West Ham (A) 0

Villa (H) 1

Fulham (H) 0

Stoke (A) 0

I think you'll find Wigan are pretty good away from home. We'd be lucky to get that point.

Some serious mouth breathers on these boards recently. Did people really expect us to be storming the league this season? We've a hugely inexperienced side finding their way with a new system and getting mixed results. We've stripped the guts out of last year's underperforming expensively assembled side mainly to reduce the wage bill and we're now seeing the result of that. What I'd love to see is our wage bill this year in comparison to recent years.

We've had some tricky fixtures to start and I'd prefer to gauge our position after 38 games. Give BR time, shut the fuck up and remain positive as your moaning stat driven drivel is driving he insane.

Code, I hate you, you fuckin tedious, repetitive fuckin cunt. Incidentally, how many points did Kenny bag us in the last half of last season, was that acceptable to you? What if Rodgers 1st half of the season betters that? What does that tell us? Not much, we base our progress over a full season, we get fully behind our Manager & team & see where we end up. To talk & speculate of what we 'might' get is fuckin ridiculous,

My irony meter just exploded.