You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No ticket so I'm thinking of taking the dog to the park for a couple of hours. Worked last year.

Hate this game more than any other, even Mancs.

There again, if we can contrive a win any how that will set me up for a long, long time same as last year's treble capped by Andy's winner in the semi.

Worried about Suarez, hope Brendan has had a few words and he stays calm and works for the team.

It would be very brave for BR to pick Suso & Sahin in such a pressure cooker game but if he does one of them could be the match winner (or get sent off).

Guest San Don

Everton v Liverpool: Brendan Rodgers set to axe fit-again Pepe Reina and stick with Brad Jones - Telegraph

That would be a shock to Reina, who has been a permanent fixture since joining from Villarreal in 2005. Failure to dislodge Jones would ignite speculation about Reina’s long-term Liverpool future.

Rodgers is hoping to accelerate his overhaul of the squad by agreeing deals to sign Lewis Holtby and Theo Walcott in the transfer window, exploiting the fact that both players are in the final year of their contracts at their present clubs.

Holtby starred for Schalke in their 2-0 Champions League victory at Arsenal but has been scouted by Liverpool for some time. Schalke will demand a fee for the 22 year-old but Liverpool may instead attempt to persuade him to sign a pre-contract arrangement.

Walcott is out of contract next summer after failing to agree terms with Arsenal, and there are no new talks scheduled at present. While Liverpool are interested it’s thought he is reluctant to join a club outside the Champions League.

Liverpool also remain interested in Chelsea’s Daniel Sturridge but the chances of him leaving are dependent on a replacement being signed Rodgers has appealed for referee Andre Marriner to ensure “it’s a football game and not a rugby game” at Goodison Park.

“It’s important for the referees to stay calm,” Rodgers said. “I’ve seen it over the years, some of the tackles in these games are incredible.”

Meanwhile, Everton manager David Moyes has suggested that if he doesn’t sign a new contract before January – his current deal expires next summer – it “might become a bigger issue”.

However, he added: “I don’t feel any great need to do anything at this time. I’m sure it could be done quickly, (but) I don’t want any distractions.”

Moyes has got it made at Everton. Ten years, no trophies, next to nothing in terms of budget and managing expectations. Besides keeping the team up, there seem to be no other demands on the manager. If I were Moyes, I wouldn't even consider leaving.

comfort zone doesnt even begin to describe this fraud

Reading was Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Sahin, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Suso, Suarez.

Minus Jones, that's our best team right now. Just worried that apart from Stevie the rest of midfield/wingers is a bit small for the usual Goodison kickfest. I'd prefer Shelvey to Allen maybe, at least for this match.

Reading was Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Sahin, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Suso, Suarez.

Minus Jones, that's our best team right now. Just worried that apart from Stevie the rest of midfield/wingers is a bit small for the usual Goodison kickfest. I'd prefer Shelvey to Allen maybe, at least for this match.

Allen who has pulled the strings for us all season? Sahin maybe but certainly not Allen.

First derby for both Sahin and Allen - I just think Sahin is more likely to get us a goal, and has more experience in big matches of any sort.

If it's the same team that played Reading, there's lots of finesse but not much physicality up front and in midfield. We'll need a bit of protection from Marriner today.

With the amount of long ball and high crosses we'll see from them maybe Jones's height will be a plus today.

As much as I love Pepe he makes me well nervous dealing with crosses.

Going for 1-1 for this one. If Luis and Stevie have a good day I'd say we might just nick it by the 1 goal.

Moyes has got it made at Everton. Ten years, no trophies, next to nothing in terms of budget and managing expectations. Besides keeping the team up, there seem to be no other demands on the manager. If I were Moyes, I wouldn't even consider leaving.

It's the easiest job in world football. He'll never leave no matter which jobs become available. Why would he?

This lad seems to know all about Moyes' tactics. Cunts.

Nothing new there. He left out the bit about whining about everything and rushing the referee over anything that goes against them.

They started with the abuse of Suarez last year in this fixture - pelting him with garbage, and at least a few coins I heard, when he took a few corners. Did we even complain to the FA about that?

First derby for both Sahin and Allen - I just think Sahin is more likely to get us a goal, and has more experience in big matches of any sort.

If it's the same team that played Reading, there's lots of finesse but not much physicality up front and in midfield. We'll need a bit of protection from Marriner today.

Joe Allen has been our best player this season and the only one resembling a defensive midfielder. leaving him out away to everton wouldn't make any sense.

positions up for grabs today are keeper, left back if GJ is injured, sahin or shelvey and suso or assaidi

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Joe Allen has been our best player this season and the only one resembling a defensive midfielder. leaving him out away to everton wouldn't make any sense.

positions up for grabs today are keeper, left back if GJ is injured, sahin or shelvey and suso or assaidi

Sahin and Suso are playing today.

Not sure it's a game for Suso. At all.

Really worried about that I must admit. Not as worried as I am about Suarez though, he's going to get mullered relentlessly today, fucking hammered, even the ref will probably put a bad challenge in on him.

After seeing Sterlings finish last week. I think he'd be a real problem up front against Everton who will try and push a high line. He's much more likely to be awarded a free kick

Sahin and Suso are playing today.

that doesn't surprise me. is reina back in for Jones?

I think what we are missing is imagination and just a bit more effort in the final third particularly at home. we get the ball to the edge of the area and there is a line of players from both teams on the 18 yard line but no one trying to make darting runs in behind where someone like suso or sahin could thread a ball in behind. instead we just stand there and or move up and down that line or drop out and take the ball again. I'm all for being patient but it's difficult to make space by moving the oppo about when they're camped out on their 18 yard line and it's impossible if no one is prepared to make runs in behind. sterling, suarez, Gerrard, GJ and Sahin should all be taking turns to make those darts in behind them.

today should be different because everton will have to take the game to us which should leave space in behind for sterling to do what he did last week. also if we can get the passing going like we did away to west brom in the league cup we could have gerrard and sahin arriving late to finish moves off and we need to make our set pieces count today also. apart from that we'll be relying on suarez to create something out of nothing.

big chance today with them being favourites. getting really excited about it now.

Not sure it's a game for Suso. At all.

Really worried about that I must admit. Not as worried as I am about Suarez though, he's going to get mullered relentlessly today, fucking hammered, even the ref will probably put a bad challenge in on him.

After seeing Sterlings finish last week. I think he'd be a real problem up front against Everton who will try and push a high line. He's much more likely to be awarded a free kick

I think Suso will be a great player for us, but I wouldn't use him today as I think the game would pass him by & he would allow Baines too much freedom down their left.

I would move Sterling to the right which would restrain Baines a bit & give us the pace to exploit any occasions where he is caught upfield. Unpopular as it might be, I would use Downing on the left as his defensive work is more solid than Suso & Hibbert is fairly vulnerable in defence.

Strangely, not as worried by today's game as usual. I think I have accepted that we are a medium-term project & am looking at how we play overall and the introduction of the younger players, rather than worrying about every single point.

I think Suso will be a great player for us, but I wouldn't use him today as I think the game would pass him by & he would allow Baines too much freedom down their left.

I would move Sterling to the right which would restrain Baines a bit & give us the pace to exploit any occasions where he is caught upfield. Unpopular as it might be, I would use Downing on the left as his defensive work is more solid than Suso & Hibbert is fairly vulnerable in defence.

Strangely, not as worried by today's game as usual. I think I have accepted that we are a medium-term project & am looking at how we play overall and the introduction of the younger players, rather than worrying about every single point.

we win "we're gonna win the league"

we lose "we're going down"

we draw "This is fucking shit, I hate being a mid table team"

Why will the game pass Suso by?

We've had plenty of possession this season and I think we will do again today. Everton should struggle with Suso, like Stoke did, in another game people didn't think he was sutied for!

I possibly wouldn't start him, not because I don't think he can be a threat or what he can offer us going forward. But defensively I worry about him tracking back on Baines. However I hear Suso will be on the left and Sterling on the right, so maybe Rodgers has the same fears.