You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you personalise your desk at work?

lifetime fan

My desk is always a mess, on one of my old desks I had some bits of shit I'd picked up from the local car boot sale which included a Tie Fighter pilot figure, a German STUKA and a German Afrika Korps metal figurine, other than that I just had a cup for my brews and a power/hand grip (one of those things you squeeze).

I genuinely pity people who get too worked up about their desks, they can't have a lot going on. I used to work evenings at the water board and we'd share it with the day person (it was 'their' desk really). Some woman apparently went apeshit to my manager because I'd moved the cardboard callander from the left side of her monitor to the right (I'd obviously just been reading it while I was on the phone to a customer and put it down again without thinking, besides which who cares). 

Shit like that used to genuinely sap my soul and make me worry a lot about where my life would end up.