You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Been obvious from day one Stevie should be up in the front 3.

Hes just utterly wasted in the middle these days.

Lucas being out probably has stopped it from happening.

Hopefully when Lucas gets back it'll be Sahin, Allen and Lucas in the middle with Gerrard, Suarez and someone else up top.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing not to win, i fucking hate Stoke and their "football". Unbelievable the ref didnt stifle their dirty cunt tactics until it was way too late. Only thing i can question Rodgers for is bringing on Joe Cole rather than Borini.

exactly wtf was that all about, can someone tell Suarez to start passing the ball, really frustrating game to watch that was today

Just back from the game- it was good to keep a clean sheet.

As a footballing spectacle it scored pretty much zero points with Pullis predictably identifying our weak points and exploiting them in an attritional stalemate. Our failure to impose our style on them was a concern.

Luis , by far our best player, could have scored from his run down the right, but his penalty box dive was embarrassing, and will only serve to ensure that he fails to get the benefit of the doubt in future calls when a foul has been committed. Reina looked very uneasy distributing from the back.

It was good to see JC resurrected from the stiffs, and it was also good to see Sterling, Suso and Wisdom given more experience. There will be more days like this. Everyone around me can and could see what Rodgers is trying to do, it will take time. But next time we are home to Stoke I may have to find something more interesting to do like creosoting the fence at Xerxes’ Towers.

Usual cunts moaning about our best two players Suarez and Gerrard, who are the only ones who can ever win us football matches, and then hopping back onto the rodgers sunshine bus to lick the windows and talk about recycling possession and individual mistakes, as we get relegated.

Interesting you say that, how many games has Suarez won for us in terms of winning goals in all competitions?

I make it 5 those being Wolves, QPR, stoke and norwich last season, and Norwich this season.

he's scored the first goal and various goals in comprehensive wins, but only on five occasions he's bagged a winner, or winning goals to separate us from the opposition.

Interesting you say that, how many games has Suarez won for us in terms of winning goals in all competitions?

I make it 5 those being Wolves, QPR, stoke and norwich last season, and Norwich this season.

he's scored the first goal and various goals in comprehensive wins, but only on five occasions he's bagged a winner, or winning goals to separate us from the opposition.

yeah, we should drop him for borini, as you keep suggesting.

i don't know why more people dont agree with you

We have omly one experienced striker in the club and many are unconvinced that he is actually at his best played as a striker at that. If he doesn't score,where will the goals come from?

There were posters who said the total cock-up at the end of the window didn't matter much. In games like today it's obvious that at least one of FSG,Ayre or Rodgers fucked us up until at least January. We need to look deeper into what's happening at our club than the referees performance or how often we hit the woodwork rather than score.

You seem to know a fucking lot so tell me your starting line up for Reading you mischievious tedious tart. No Gerrard or Luis though as it appears you don't really rate them.

Same old crap we have seen time and time again beginning with Houllier, you can almost feel it in the crowd when there is going to be a 0-0 draw, time and time again we dont seem to have the players to have the drive to get into the middle of the box, thought that had started to change with Sahin but alas......

Not calling for his head or anything but Rodgers is easily the gobbiest manager I've seen for us. Enough with the talking, ffs, we need a result at home.

And why the fuck is it necessary to embrace Adam after he spent the better part of the match bullying Joe Allen and kicking him all over the pitch? What the fuck was that?

A shite result against a shite team. Nothing to be proud of for sure. Starting to reckon he wants to be liked Rodgers, more than he wants to fucking win.

Apart from lacking one good dependable striker, I think Gerrard should have given way to Shelvey at least in the second half. And Suarez is seen more times rolling on the turf when he is not trying to go it all solo. I 've followed this club for over 40 yrs and have not seen us so dire, stuck in the last quarter of the table after seven games. Unacceptable. I'm not aspiring for 4th or any trophy any longer; I'm just anxious about our survival in the PL.

Not calling for his head or anything but Rodgers is easily the gobbiest manager I've seen for us. Enough with the talking, ffs, we need a result at home.

And why the fuck is it necessary to embrace Adam after he spent the better part of the match bullying Joe Allen and kicking him all over the pitch? What the fuck was that?

A shite result against a shite team. Nothing to be proud of for sure. Starting to reckon he wants to be liked Rodgers, more than he wants to fucking win.

Rodger's only fault in my eyes was getting rid of Carroll without being certain of a replacement. Carroll would've opened up space for others although he may not score goals himself. I like the football Rodgers wants us to play but he must get a proper striker... beg, borrow or steal in the coming window. Those owners have let him down somewhat although I support the model they have chosen for us.

Same old crap we have seen time and time again beginning with Houllier, you can almost feel it in the crowd when there is going to be a 0-0 draw, time and time again we dont seem to have the players to have the drive to get into the middle of the box, thought that had started to change with Sahin but alas......

that is a world away from watching Houllier's (or Rafa's) teams - more good football today but Suso and Sterling looked their age today against their cloggers and Sahin struggled to make an impact. Wisdom looks class and ready though and could see him as our right back for the next 10 years. Allen was brilliant again as was Gerrard and Suarez - they deserve to be playing alongside more better, more experienced players.

It will come but today was when we needed the guile of a Dempsey.