You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wanted: Suarez - video proof of diving

Lapskaus

If he's such a massive diver, it'll be easy to put together a video of 20/30/40 blatant dives.

Or even a video of just 1 blatant dive, because I can't remember ever seeing him dive tbh. People only started mentioning it after ferguson's 'diving all over the place' comment.

Nobody is trying to suggest that Suarez is perfect but he's not a fucking diver, he just simply isn't.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or even a video of just 1 blatant dive, because I can't remember ever seeing him dive tbh. People only started mentioning it after ferguson's 'diving all over the place' comment.

Nobody is trying to suggest that Suarez is perfect but he's not a fucking diver, he just simply isn't.

I've seen him dive and exaggerate contact and playact. It's absurd to try and pretend it has never happened, and that he has a reputation as a diver for no reason whatsoever.

I've seen him fouled and nothing been given more often, admittedly.

I've seen him dive and exaggerate contact and playact. It's absurd to try and pretend it has never happened, and that he has a reputation as a diver for no reason whatsoever.

When have you seen him dive? And I don't mean rolling around on the floor after getting caught because he does that, as we all know.

When have you seen him dive? And I don't mean rolling around on the floor after getting caught because he does that, as we all know. Through he has toned that down massively over the last 6-8 months.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

No, absolutely not. He will go down when touched, but when you stay on your feet and get nothing, what's he going to do? I'm not saying he has never dived, he has. I'm saying it's not like Ronaldo was at one point. However, getting fouled and then going down is different.

To me, a diver is somebody who consistently tries to con the ref into giving a decision when there has been no foul. Not somebody who goes down when fouled.

These are dives:

LC-H2wXK4T4

Even Sky admitted he was caught in that one, mate, despite him being pillored for diving during the commentary. There's another angle where you see his shinpad moving where he was caught. No-ones saying he isn't overly dramatic, but very seldom does he 'dive'.

Funny thing is, I think it was the week before/after Bale completely and utterly dived with no contact whatsoever to get a pen against the same team, and there was no mention of it at all. One replay, 'oh he's gone down a bit easy maybe', moved on. They were still going on about the Suarez one half an hour after it happened.

Wrong like a person who's never played football in their life.

Oh no! The totally mental coro has me in his sights!

Just fyi, when you next embark on one of your hilariously embarrassing 3am rants, sitting in your pants banging furiously and incoherently away at your spit-flecked keyboard, I'm probably in bed so won't be able to respond until much later

xx

Oh no! The totally mental coro has me in his sights!

Just fyi, when you next embark on one of your hilariously embarrassing 3am rants, sitting in your pants banging furiously and incoherently away at your spit-flecked keyboard, I'm probably in bed so won't be able to respond until much later

xx

You posted a gif of Suarez supposedly diving.

In reality the keeper caught him on the shin. I'm sure anyone who has played football will agree, the pain from being caught in the shin can make you want to piss your pants. A bit like a dead leg where you don't know whether to laugh or cry because the pain can be so ridiculous. You cannot empathise because you're a fanny thus leading you to silly conclusions.

*checks clock*

I think the main problem of diving has been covered in an earlia post. what exactly is diving though?

Pundits say Suarez goes down easy with very little contact. This is true, they also say he should be booked for this. etc.is this diving? because...

The same pundits then go onto say about other players that 'he had every right to go down as the keeper missed the ball' yet there is the SAME amount of contact made in the diving suarez situation.

How can the two be different? same contact, different player?

I remember that there was all sorts of diving comments going around about Andy Johnson years ago for Everton. its shows like MOTD employing bellwiffs like Jason Robinson to air his thoughts, just because its on MOTD all sorts of fans believe what he said is true. Alot of the time the Refs are to shit scared to make a decison so dont and act like it never happened. they get away with not having to answer why they made a decison.

The FA should stop being a bunch of shithouses and if a yellow is given for a dive and the refs report says he gave it for diving (no contact) then it should be recinded if its clear contact was made. Refs need to be made accountable for their decisons. Once this happens we will see less and less shithouse calls.

This is going well.

Asked a spurs fan at work if he had any clips to prove his point that suarez is a diver. All he came up with was the everton tackle that is on this thread. No dive then.

And Silverlining:

I'm glad you brought up the arsenal incident, CLEAR penalty, even Sky and Norwegian TV2 (spurs TV for Norwegians) agreed that was no dive.

So that leaves 0 dives recorded on this thread, but you claim it's silly to pretend it never happened. Well, it never happened. I'm happy to change my mind if you show me proof. Gerrard I have seen clear proof of diving twice. Rooney abt 15, Young abt 2 per game, Bale probably 4-5 times, suarez - apparantly 0 times. Still he has 2-3 bookings for diving and has a "reputation" for it, based on wrongful yellow cards and bacon face's comments. It's absurd that some liverpool fans buy into it without even having ONE incident to back up the claim....

Is that the best you can do?

Suarez's style of play involves him in taking the ball close to defenders and tricking his way past them. Ergo, plenty of contact, however minor, and to borrow from Andy Gobshite Grey, 'he's every right to go down'.

That, in no way, is comparable to the REAL cheats, like Ashley Young, who has taken the 'Pires' to an art form - i.e. even if you're a full yard away from the defender, throw your leg out at right angle, contrive contact artificially, hit the deck... wait for your 12th man, Mark Halsey, to point to the spot.

Spot on.

It's funny how there is till no video evidence,or even anecdotal evidence that we can search for to show just one dive. Play acting can be just as bad and get people sent off, ie Everton last year. This causes a reputation. As does the handball incident in the World Cup, cos everyone wanted to see an African team progress at last, (hardly his fault) and the biting someone's shoulder incident ( possibly his fault) but I was searching on that iTube or whatever the kids call it before I saw this thread , looking for suarez dives, and found fuck all of substance.