You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Yeah, slung a fiver on before the game. Heard someone on the radio say they were still 33/1. Thought I was putting it in the bin, not so sure now.

Only City have a better record at home, they also appear to be starting to pick up points away from home as well.

Embarrassing how good their options are upfront compared to us.

Football is strange. How can Clarke be doing so much better than Rodgers when Rodgers has better players, does it stem to philosophy and style.

I think we have bigger names, I don't think they are 'better players' en masse though.

West Brom are well drilled, solid, physical (and dont get picked on by refs for being physical), and have pace up front. I think that's the sum of it.

A formation of

-----------GK-------------

------S--O--L--I--D------

---------P-A-C-E---------

Fair play to Clarke I suppose, not that he can get any of the credit (on the same basis as Ferguson says Rafa should get no credit for Chelsea success).

Football is extraordinarily simple, and the best teams usually just want it more than you. That's West Brom's trick, just application and honest graft.

Everyone in their team seems to know their role. They're solid, and efficient. We're not.

Last year we were solid and efficient except in front of goal, how can in such a short space of time can we become so flimsy an outfit that relies on a player being absolutely world class week in week out in order to get any points at all. We play nice triangles in the middle of the pitch a fair bit but overall I'd say we've took two steps back, there's no where in the side I'd say we look strong.

I think we have bigger names, I don't think they are 'better players' en masse though.

West Brom are well drilled, solid, physical (and dont get picked on by refs for being physical), and have pace up front. I think that's the sum of it.

A formation of

-----------GK-------------

---------P-A-C-E---------

Fair play to Clarke I suppose, not that he can get any of the credit (on the same basis as Ferguson says Rafa should get no credit for Chelsea success).

Football is extraordinarily simple, and the best teams usually just want it more than you. That's West Brom's trick, just application and honest graft.

Ferguson is right about the world club cup trophies though Rafas has one and potentially two to his name that aren't really his achievements. If Rafa wins the league now that will be his achievement as there's lots of games left. It's not Rafas fault though that's the timing of the vacancy, ferguson just seems a little bitter about that fact, the bigger man would say nothing at all.

33/1?

Hmm, have a look at the next 3 or 4 months of games...

Swansea V West Brom

Wed 28 Nov

19:45

West Brom V Stoke

Sat 1 Dec

15:00

Arsenal V West Brom

Sat 8 Dec

West Brom V West Ham

Sun 16 Dec

16:00

West Brom V Norwich

Sat 22 Dec

QPR V West Brom

Wed 26 Dec

Man Utd V West Brom

Sat 29 Dec

West Brom V Fulham

Tue 1 Jan

12:45

Reading V West Brom

Sat 12 Jan

West Brom V Aston Villa

Sat 19 Jan

17:30

Everton V West Brom

Wed 30 Jan

19:45

West Brom V Tottenham

Sat 2 Feb

Liverpool V West Brom

Sat 9 Feb

West Brom V Sunderland

Sat 23 Feb

I think that 33/1 will fall every week.

Football is strange. How can Clarke be doing so much better than Rodgers when Rodgers has better players, does it stem to philosophy and style.

I think its because we have changed a lot of stuff over the last 3 seasons. We've had about 4 different teams over those seasons, West Brom have pretty much had the same team since they got promoted. And its not just the line up, its also the style of play, teams like Swansea & West Brom get managers who are similar to the last one so there isn't a period of settling in. Our last 3 managers have been nothing alike, and it means when they first take over the squad most of the players they've inherited don't work in their system.

Last year we were solid and efficient except in front of goal, how can in such a short space of time can we become so flimsy an outfit that relies on a player being absolutely world class week in week out in order to get any points at all. We play nice triangles in the middle of the pitch a fair bit but overall I'd say we've took two steps back, there's no where in the side I'd say we look strong.

I think we've missed Lucas, quite a bit. Not because he's the bestest holding midfielder in the history of ever, but because Lee cunting Cattermole would be better at the role than everyone else at the club.

The gaping holes in the centre of midfield constantly expose what is actually a pretty good defence. I certainly wouldn't want to swap Johnson, Skrtel or Agger for many players in the Premier League.

Tactics are also seemingly playing a big part. As someone said on here recently, we're just not good enough at retaining possession to have the whole team so far up the pitch at times. When we lose the ball anywhere between the halfway line and the edge of the opposition's box, I assume we're about to concede. Because its usually about five on two.

As ace as it is seeing Suarez play so well, and I genuinely think he's the best player in England, our reliance on him is really worrying. We'd be truly fucked without him. Thats partly the owners fault, partly Rodgers'.

I think we've missed Lucas, quite a bit. Not because he's the bestest holding midfielder in the history of ever, but because Lee cunting Cattermole would be better at the role than everyone else at the club.

The gaping holes in the centre of midfield constantly expose what is actually a pretty good defence. I certainly wouldn't want to swap Johnson, Skrtel or Agger for many players in the Premier League.

Tactics are also seemingly playing a big part. As someone said on here recently, we're just not good enough at retaining possession to have the whole team so far up the pitch at times. When we lose the ball anywhere between the halfway line and the edge of the opposition's box, I assume we're about to concede. Because its usually about five on two.

As ace as it is seeing Suarez play so well, and I genuinely think he's the best player in England, our reliance on him is really worrying. We'd be truly fucked without him. Thats partly the owners fault, partly Rodgers'.

Lucas was missing for large parts of last season. Defensively we remained strong. Essentially so far its Suarez and then 10 other men, its a pretty poor showing, the players are responsible and so is Rodgers.