You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

No way will Brendan or Stevie allow the players to think a draw will be acceptable against the rent boys

Hubris and all that but I'm genuinely not too concerned about Chelsea especially without a fully fit Hazard. I'm more concerned about Palace away at the moment.

City was the one that really had me worried not just because of the quality they have but also because we just hadn't been able to get a result against them recently.

Chances are we'll drop points at some point in the run in but results do seem to be going our way elsewhere now.

Some goal that from Bale.

• Upvote 1

How shit is Barca's keeper Pinto by the way? Valdes and Pinto for them is a bit like Grobbelaar and Hooper for us back in the day. The first choice keeper is often erratic but capable of brilliance whereas the second choice just gives your defence kittens. When ITV used to our First Division games live in the late 80s, we always seemed to lose when Kenny selected Hooper in goal.

Remember Ian Wright beating Hooper, trackie bottoms and all, from a ridiculously improbable distance in, I believe, a 4-0 trouncing.

Nerve of fucking Chelsea fans calling City mercenaries. Remember when they spent all those years clawing their way up from nothing on pure grit and determination? No, I don't either because it didn't fucking happen the lottery winning plastic flag waving wankers.

Pot calling the kettle black. They were the original mercenaries now overtaken by their richer counterparts...obvious jealous there.

Hubris and all that but I'm genuinely not too concerned about Chelsea especially without a fully fit Hazard. I'm more concerned about Palace away at the moment.

City was the one that really had me worried not just because of the quality they have but also because we just hadn't been able to get a result against them recently.

Chances are we'll drop points at some point in the run in but results do seem to be going our way elsewhere now.

Some goal that from Bale.

Palace look awesome on "paper" that is until they face the pace of Sterling and Sturridge and the atom splitting creativity of Coutinho's passes. Everton looked too slow, one-dimensional and static today. A shadow of themselves. To be honest the match that worries me the most is the next one.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fuck all this talk of draws and games in the future. We go Norwich. We go again. This doesn't and shouldn't matter to what we've got to do. We have four cup finals. We want four wins.

• Upvote 1

City got what they deserved tonight, nothing.

They'll be lucky to finish 3rd now. Completely ran out of steam and motivation, and if you do that, you don't deserve to win the league.

It's down to two now.... one has played with a positive attitude, one hasn't. If there's any justice the Reds will take the crown.

There's nothing worse than watching your team 'eventually' pull their finger out when they go behind. Too little too late.

Bloody football eh?

If Liverpool go on to win it, and they ought to, it's a positive for the league... another team breaking up the duopoly of the last 25 years. It's more less always been United plus one other... this year it's truly been three teams. It might have been four had Arsenal not faded.

Not only that, but the top 4 isn't looking nearly as certain as it used to. Regardless of who and how things are being shaken up (which as an entirely different and heated debate), the shake up HAS to be a positive thing. 

• Upvote 1

If a draw in any of the remaining games is an unmentionable concept, why the fuck were we all watching out for events in that game in Manchester tonight and running around shrieking like Oscar Pistorius whenever Sunderland scored?

I can only speak for myself M'lady, but I thought there was a ghost behind my sofa, M'lady.

• Upvote 1

Fuck all this talk of draws and games in the future. We go Norwich. We go again. This doesn't and shouldn't matter to what we've got to do. We have four cup finals. We want four wins.

That's absolutely correct. City are a prime example of taking their foot off the gas and paying the price for it. The way Liverpool are playing isn't 'broke', so no need to fix it. The challenge was to treat EVERY game as cup final and win every last one of them. It remains the same still.

I can't abide the thought of Chelsea winning it having rarely entertained anybody the whole season.

• Upvote 1