You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

predictions 2012/13

bastard oot

predictions for all the competitions next season, just for fun. obviously there is ages left in the window and we don't know who else we'll bring in or who will leave, not to mind the other clubs, but you can change your mind anytime you want, just for fun how do you see it going ? ill go myself first

final league position 6th

Europa league progression quarter final

f a cup progression semi final

league cup progression 3rd round

Right now, I think we'll have a good season. With a few more players of good quality, I'd be even more hopeful. The key is Stevie and Lucas in the middle and Skrtel and agger in defence keeping fit, with Luis not being suspended for periods like last season and Pepe getting back to being the keeper he can be. I really think we have a quality core there!

As of now

Final league position: 5th

Europa League: Winners

FA Cup: Quarters

League Cup: Semi Final

Premier League: 4th

Europa: Quarters

FA Cup: Semi

League Cup: Win

The league is a bit optimistic. I think the top three spots will be Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea, but I've a feeling that Rodgers will get us playing some nice stuff and we might get top four with a fair wind. We will have to get past Arsenal and Spurs. Newcastle will be in the mix too, but I will be surprised if they will be as good as last year.

Final league position: 6th

Europa League: Semi-finalists

FA Cup: Quarters

League Cup: 4th Round

I think our main problem looking at the fixture list is whether the team will be able to ride out the rough start while trying to implement a new style of play. Hopefully everyone will be understanding of this and that Brendan Rodgers doesn’t get to much flak if we start poorly. I'm also really hoping that as we use both the Uefa and League cups early stages to integrate younger players like Robinson and Sterling before getting serious in the latter rounds.

i think the cups depend on the results more than the draw ;)

You know what I mean! I know who we're playing in the league so can make a prediction.

If I predict us to win the FA Cup but we get Man City away in the 3rd round then it doesn't really stack up.

I can't call it yet. If BR gets the very best out of the squad and adds a couple of players who can slot into his system then I can see us doing very well, maybe even challenging for the title. I think we have enough quality in the squad to do that.

On the other hand, if it doesn't work out, players can't adapt etc and the confidence in BR starts to slip then we could be struggle to finish in the top half.

Really looking forward to the friendly next Saturday to see how we play.