You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

FSG put in place the structure that evaluated and made the signings. Comolli negotiated the signings, which FSG must have approved. FSG are not blameless in this, it was their structure and appointment that failed.

FSG didn't choose the players. They trusted the management team to spend the money wisely on players who would propel us back into the top 4.

Are we now saying that they should second guess the players that the manager wants?

Moores sold Fowler to Leeds, Owen to Madrid and agreed twice, to sell Gerrard to Chelsea! There was no reaction.

Not that you are at all interested in offering context!

Yes, let me offer some context.

Fowler was sold because he fell out with the manager and I didn't know that Madrid qualifies as domestic rivals.

Torres waited until the very end of the transfer window to see if there will be any additions that would strenghen the team and provide the adequate quality to push for a top 4 finish and finally made his mind up to move on after being tapped up for more than 6-months by Broughton. FSG were thrilled to get £63m for Meirelis and Torres. They danced the day they sold Torres and Henry even gave an interview about how great deal that was.

At the end of the day FSG showed their true colours by refusing to support, Rodgers, the manager of their choice in the market.

were finished as a top 4 club we had our chance to get back their but we wasted on shite players i cant see us challenging for a league in the next 10 years mid table finishes from here on in i hope rodgers can strech that 3 year plan out for fucks sake were behind swansea in the table thats how bad it is.

You confuse Administration with liquidation.

RBS were keeping LFC afloat with H&G still, nominally at the helm. It is not in a Bank, or its shareholder, interests to own a football club, as previously pointed out.

No confusion on my part. Its in the Bank's best interest to minimise losses. To that end, keeping the club afloat and competing meets this end. If RBS had put the club into administration, they would have lost significant monies. By keeping the club afloat, they lost nothing. In the end, they profited from the goings on as they recouped all of their initial loans plus the interest. Banks aren't going to put a business or person into administration if it is likely they can get their money back through other means.

I miss the days when talk on this forum was about our football, tactics and competing with the best as one of the best.

FSG didn't choose the players. They trusted the management team to spend the money wisely on players who would propel us back into the top 4.

Are we now saying that they should second guess the players that the manager wants?

So does FSG have clean hands in all of this? Are they benevolent owners, willing to write cheques without second thought, for the good of the club?

It was their structure and their appointment that made the deals. Consequently, they must share the blame and provide a solution. The solution they have provided is to allow a manager with one year of experience in the PL to be supported by Ian Ayre, enough said.

Do you have ANY evidence at all to back this up? Anything? If not, why do you make things up?

You've probably got very short memory. You forgot the incident at the end of the 2009-2010 season Chelsea dinner party which Liverpool's chairman Broughton attended and spoke openly about Torres moving to Chelsea.

Do you have ANY evidence at all to back this up? Anything? If not, why do you make things up?

Don't know if he tapped him up but he did have a conversation with Torres about it taking a minimum of three years before the club was back on its feet.

If the Chairman told you that, what would you think?

Yeah, fair enough we've received back a fair wedge but they still went out and reinvested that money back into the club. We've seen before from previous owners that it doesn't always happen.

I'll say it again, it wasn't FSG that blew the biggest transfer kitty we've had in our history.

Hicks and Gillett 'spent big' in 2007.

Who hired Comolli?

So does FSG have clean hands in all of this? Are they benevolent owners, willing to write cheques without second thought, for the good of the club?

It was their structure and their appointment that made the deals. Consequently, they must share the blame and provide a solution. The solution they have provided is to allow a manager with one year of experience in the PL to be supported by Ian Ayre, enough said.

No, they don't have clean hands at all. Commoli was a shite appointment and that's their mistake but I'm not having it that he alone chose those players or that Kenny didn't know the fee's until after the deals were done. They were Kenny's players and Commoli's deals. Both equally shite.

My point is that FSG at least put the money up in the first instance. If we'd have got those deals right then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

FSG have a lot to answer for but it has to be accepted that they made a lot of money available last season which was majorly fucked up by Kenny and Commoli.

Hicks and Gillett 'spent big' in 2007.

Who hired Comolli?

They spent big in 2007 but that money was borrowed against the club and our regular Champions League revenue helped a lot too.

Commoli was a shite appointment, made on the recommendation of Billy fucking Beane. FSG take the blame for that. My point is that they put the money up. That can't be argued with unless somebody has an agenda elsewhere.

You've probably got very short memory. You forgot the incident at the end of the 2009-2010 season Chelsea dinner party which Liverpool's chairman Broughton attended and spoke openly about Torres moving to Chelsea.

Wasn't at that dinner personally. But is that your evidence? You are jumping to massive conclusions or making the tapping lark up. One of the two.

No, they don't have clean hands at all. Commoli was a shite appointment and that's their mistake but I'm not having it that he alone chose those players or that Kenny didn't know the fee's until after the deals were done. They were Kenny's players and Commoli's deals. Both equally shite.

My point is that FSG at least put the money up in the first instance. If we'd have got those deals right then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

FSG have a lot to answer for but it has to be accepted that they made a lot of money available last season which was majorly fucked up by Kenny and Commoli.

Fair enough.

They spent big in 2007 but that money was borrowed against the club and our regular Champions League revenue helped a lot too.

Commoli was a shite appointment, made on the recommendation of Billy fucking Beane. FSG take the blame for that. My point is that they put the money up. That can't be argued with unless somebody has an agenda elsewhere.

FSG gave the money from the Torres/Babel/Meireles deals to a DoF that FSG had put in place.

You said -

it wasn't FSG that blew the biggest transfer kitty we've had in our history.

FSG gave the money from the Torres/Babel/Meireles deals to a DoF that FSG had put in place.

Well, Meireles was sold in the last hour of the window and Kenny wanted him out for reasons unknown to any of us so he hardly counts. Another mistake as it turned out.

My point is, and I'm probably sounding like I'm a huge supporter of FSG which I'm not, is that they put up a huge transfer kitty for Kenny and Commoli. That is fact. I'm not talking about net spend. I'm talking about the money that made available for transfers. The fact is they spent 107 million on transfers between January-August 2011. They can be criticised for a lot of things but that is a massive show of support right there that was utterly squandered.

The people they appointed and I'm including Kenny because he has a case to answer, not just Commoli, is their responsibility and they got it wrong but to me a chairman is only their to sign the cheques as Shanks said. If the manager and dof spends it unwisely then I'm not going to complain that they shouldn't have been appointed in the first instance. That smacks of an agenda.

cecil was put there by them, they were milking the cow but could see things going tits up... cecil could only get the rhone deal for them hence broughton came in with h&g's blessing..

BBC - Peston's Picks: Why RBS looks set to own Liverpool FC

Liverpool sale: How Martin Broughton and RBS won control of club's future | David Conn | Sport | The Guardian

Thanks for the links. The Guardian article is particularly interesting. Basically it would seem through the appointment of Purslow and Broughton, the club were in a technical (not official) state of Administration. I.E. banks appointing employees with the sole purpose of ensuring a going concern for an appropriate buyer. Interesting.

Arsenal spent the Van Persie money before they had sold him. They knew he was going all summer.

I disagree. If anything Van Persie was determined to go. They went out and got the signings as proof to him that they were trying to compete. They then even had a sit down with him to discuss the future and he still fucked them off.

Well, Meireles was sold in the last hour of the window and Kenny wanted him out for reasons unknown to any of us so he hardly counts. Another mistake as it turned out.

My point is, and I'm probably sounding like I'm a huge supporter of FSG which I'm not, is that they put up a huge transfer kitty for Kenny and Commoli. That is fact. I'm not talking about net spend. I'm talking about the money that made available for transfers. The fact is they spent 107 million on transfers between January-August 2011. They can be criticised for a lot of things but that is a massive show of support right there that was utterly squandered.

The people they appointed and I'm including Kenny because he has a case to answer, not just Commoli, is their responsibility and they got it wrong but to me a chairman is only their to sign the cheques as Shanks said. If the manager and dof spends it unwisely then I'm not going to complain that they shouldn't have been appointed in the first instance. That smacks of an agenda.

The agenda is about applying plain old common sense.

Firstly, Meireles wanted a pay rise. He didn't get one so handed in a transfer request. Another mistake from who? Purslow? FSG? Comolli?

You are trying and failing to separate football and business which is simply an absurd thing to do in this day and age.

It's pointlessly one eyed to ignore the money that has come in from transfers, especially when you're talking about receiving a record fee for a player. Add to that the exposure of the 'brand name' worldwide, new sponsorship deals, TV rights and it's clear they're making no loss. A massive show of support or reckless experimentation which leaves us no further forward than when they bought the club? Where was their support last January when the team was in need of reinforcement? Where was the support and know-how you'd expect from boardroom level when a player is accused of racism? Heck, yet despite all that the club is still worth more now than it was when they bought it. Do you think FSG are finally in tune to what is needed at this club?

Do you think a boardroom littered with decent footballing pedigree would take the advice of a baseball director when it came to appointing a DoF at an English football club? Now we've got a commercial director 'running the show'.

When signing Suarez and Carroll do you honestly think they handed such responsibility to a then caretaker manager who was just a matter of days into the job? Do you pin responsibility on Rodgers for our latest transfer window shenanigans?

You seem to be forgetting stuff like JW Henry's reasoning behind the Carroll deal, the moneyball nonsense, signing British based players, FFP and all the other guff they've trundled out. Chairmen are only their to sign the cheques?

What's your agenda?

Guest alantkayll

Torres was sold because he had a £50m clause in his contract and it was activated. The club could do nothing about it.

FSG have provided £155m to Dalglish and Rodgers in 2 years. All not from their own pockets granted but it's what we have spent.

Dalglish and Rodgers are the people who need to answer the questions on how it has been spent not FSG.

And to give Dalglish some credit at least he had the balls to say they were all his signings.

With between £10-20m being spent in the next few months BR would have had £40-50m in his first full season. That's pretty good from a club that lost £49.4m last year and is to lose a shit load this year.

Add on the £40m spent in pay offs I think FSG have given quite enough for a manager of a club outside of the Champions League football.

I just believe people won't be happy until we have a shiek or Russian who is prepared to blow £100m every year.

You can't spend what you don't have. Do people want them to borrow money from the bank and throw the interest on the club?

They have never said it would ever come from their own pockets and people were happy with that.

£155m spent in 2 years and look were we are. And its the fault of FSG!!!!

107 million eh? But they've recouped £100m. That is equally frightening.

What's your problem with agendas, though? You got one too, allow one or two people to disagree on FSG's greatness and "sustainable" plans.

The FACT is that American owners got a footall club that was a Champions League finalist in 2007 and five years later they've turned it into a midtable mediocrity, a sad memory of its glorious past. Some people call that progress.

Personally, I'm a very easy to satisfy. Just back Rodgers. Just stop the bullshit about free range footballers, sustainable footbal clubs and organically grown hedge funds and back the manager of your OWN choice. You've hired him, so just back him, don't let him battle his former club Swansea for 12 place.

It's very clear. January is coming quit, the shit and add two quality strikers, one like Walcott or Sturridge and one experienced top striker, without selling half of the current squad in the process while you try to spin and undermine the manager's job. Then hire a proper CEO. Then I will support you, as I said I'm very easy to satisfy. Can you they do that? No they can't, they won't do that, because they have no interest in making this football club successful. January will come and go, more people will grow uncomfortable with them and the whole debate will carry on.

£155m spent in 2 years and look were we are. And its the fault of FSG!!!!

OK, Mr No Agenda, explain away the hiring of Comolli and Ian Ayre's current role.

Sums of money mean nothing when the club isn't being run properly.

I.E. The Suarez case.