You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The implication that only people who don't have a clue post on here is plainly wrong and is an insult to some excellent posters.

Now if you don't know, don't understand, or don't believe, that "Sources close to Dalglish /x" is journalistic shorthand for an unattributable briefing, that really is up to you.

However you might wonder where the detail from their report comes from. It won't come from FSG. It can only come from Kenny,now you might think that the Mirror made it up - but contrary to popular belief, papers don't like fabricating stories because if they do, it alienates all parties at a critical time.Just at a time when they need the parties involved most.They lose advantage at a time of maximum need.

As you know, by chance one of my oldest friends is a TM Sports Editor, and a Red. Unattributable briefings are just that - but I am sure that you can join the dots up for yourself.

I have no idea who you think you're going to impress, but it's not me.

Though with all the hysteria going around the media and also the fans at the moment.

Then add on the fact he is off on his holls and he has flown out to Boston for only one day before coming home.

Then the press apparently asking the club and then spreading more stuff about them not replying and that making the fans even more worried.

A simple we havent commented on the matter because theres no truth at all in whats being reported comment from the club would go along way to putting the brakes on the subject.

I get where you're coming from, but who would this statement really appease?

The Twitter twunts wouldn't believe it as it isn't high drama.

The press, whose stories were laregely written before Kenny even touched down in Boston, would simply integrate it into the narrative (Dalglish gets a stay of execution, but for how long? etc).

And the rest of our fanbase are well aware the owners said they were pleased with Comolli's work shortly before giving him the boot.

Until we get shots of Kenny with his arm around a new signing or two it seems the story will roll on.

Fucking joke, isn't it? People who bought the club cos it was so cheap it would be easy to make money on, who nothing about football, are conducting a review of our season.

Madness.

Owner of business conducts review of the performance of leading employees...what is the world coming to?

Owner of business conducts review of the performance of leading employees...what is the world coming to?

Owners of business who don't know anything about how to make the product they own better.

They haven't a clue about football. Do you think they'll know Reina is better playing with a high defensive line? Or our midfielders are all better in a 3 not a 2?

When rumours get so out of hand that the national press are contacting the club to be told 'they won't confirm it,' it's got out of hand.

A simple we want Kenny to be first team manager at the start of the season would do.

That just says that the rumours are out of hand, nothing else. They don't start the rumours.

I want them to act quickly but our season only finished on Sunday.

When rumours get so out of hand that the national press are contacting the club to be told 'they won't confirm it,' it's got out of hand.

A simple we want Kenny to be first team manager at the start of the season would do.

Perhaps they're genuinely not certain. Maybe they think that, I don't know, Klopp would represent an unmissable opportunity, unlikely as it is we could attract him, whereas it wouldn't be worth losing Kenny if we're stuck with a Martinez level appointment. Maybe they do think Martinez would be worth a shot with Steve Clarke staying on to maintain defensive consistency, the big weakness in his game. Maybe they're erring towards retaining Kenny but just want to be certain it's the right choice.

I don't know, but Benitez was well in the pipeline before Houlier was sacked; perhaps the decision would have been different if the only realistic choices were Strachan or Curbishley. I don't necessarily think that the delay is a bad thing, it's been a diabolical season, pound for pound as bad as you could find in the Premiership of late, and there are plenty of variables to consider.

I don't really understand the panic, we can spare a few days, surely. Whether Kenny stays or goes, I don't think taking a week after the final game of the season to decide upon the best course for the club's future is disrespectful or in any way untoward.

How can they review something they know fuck all about?

They have no idea how to decide how much of this season was Kenny's fault and how much of it was due to bad luck/circumstances outside of the managers control. Who is going to be advising them on how badly/well Kenny has performed in different areas this season?

Owners of business who don't know anything about how to make the product they own better.

They haven't a clue about football. Do you think they'll know Reina is better playing with a high defensive line? Or our midfielders are all better in a 3 not a 2?

Its not fucking rocket science. And as for the tactics bit, what the hell has that got to do with anything? They employ a manager and coaching staff to understand that for them.

Its not fucking rocket science. And as for the tactics bit, what the hell has that got to do with anything? They employ a manager and coaching staff to understand that for them.

So a manager and his coaching staff are going to admit the fact that they have been playing the wrong formation all season? Or that they've not been setting the team right going into certain games? That's really is not likely is it.

So a manager and his coaching staff are going to admit the fact that they have been playing the wrong formation all season? Or that they've not been setting the team right going into certain games? That's really is not likely is it.

The owners could just pull out big pictures of Downing and Henderson and say "Why?". A five year old could recognise their ineptitude and therefore even the most decorated football manager would have to hold his hands up there.

The owners could just pull out big pictures of Downing and Henderson and say "Why?". A five year old could recognise their ineptitude and therefore even the most decorated football manager would have to hold his hands up there.

But what are the owners judging these players on? They know nothing of the sport, so what are they relying on to know the good players from the bad? Press consensus? Fan reaction? Stats?

The press love Parker, the fans hated Lucas and stats seem to have given us Downing in the first place.

They need knowledgable advisors. Perhaps that's why Dein was milling about.

First of all, we have no idea who advises them, so we simply do not know what they base their review on. Who do you suggest should conduct the review of the manager's performance? Kenny himself?

Second, they have eyes and can see that we have been dire.

Third, even if they knew nothing about football, they would have every right to ask the manager of their business invested 70m just to see the performance of that business decline.

If Kenny cannot answer that question he should be sacked.

But what are the owners judging these players on? They know nothing of the sport' date=' so what are they relying on to know the good players from the bad? Press consensus? Fan reaction? Stats?

The press love Parker, the fans hated Lucas and stats seem to have given us Downing in the first place.

They need knowledgable advisors. Perhaps that's why Dein was milling about.[/quote']

Exactly. Also fans and the press' opinions seem to go from one extreme to another. 3 months ago Carroll was viewed as the worst transfer deal in English history, now he's Englands great Euro 2012 hope and Liverpool's future.

I'm of the view that things are very precarious for Kenny right now. I think the owners have played it fine - do the review and mull it over. They can't take a long time, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if soundings are being made even now to potential suitors. I don't think our options for a possible new manager will be all that exciting. I suspect the top choices e.g. Klopp, won't want us at this point. The lesser choices all will, but what's the point?

I think it will boil down to Kenny or Rafa. Thats how this looks to be shaping up to me.

Oh, and I'm having a nice cup of tea right now and wish I had a Digestive to go with it.

Most boards have a list for all reasons and seasons, they wont of just come up with one, there is one as contingency for most clubs

We knew we wanted Benitez before it was decided (a season later than he should) to bin Ged off.

as for Klopp, most of his team wants out, he might decide to leave on a high rather than watch it fall apart but I still think/hope Kenny will stay