You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Iphone advice

I got one yesterday after my 3GS finally gave up the ghost. My stuff was on iCloud, so all I did was clear the 3GS, rip out the sim, and switch on my new phone. All apps, emails, contacts, calendars etc installed from the cloud once I added my cloud account . Got £90 for my old phone too.

I got one yesterday after my 3GS finally gave up the ghost. My stuff was on iCloud, so all I did was clear the 3GS, rip out the sim, and switch on my new phone. All apps, emails, contacts, calendars etc installed from the cloud once I added my cloud account . Got £90 for my old phone too.

90 quid - on ebay? in good nick was it? my 3gs is giving up, taking ages for texts to appear and generally very slow. Did you buy the i phone 4 outright and if so how much?

90 quid - on ebay? in good nick was it? my 3gs is giving up, taking ages for texts to appear and generally very slow. Did you buy the i phone 4 outright and if so how much?

not ebay, o2. Take it into a shop, they'll recycle it for you. I paid £60 for the 4GS on a £35/month contract.

Lads how do I save all my numbers to the sim card from phone?

What are you trying to do? If you are just wanting to move the contacts from the one iPhone to the new one, back up in iTunes on the old phone, transfer the sim card to the new phone, restore from backup in iTunes on the new phone. Or you can do the same above via iCloud, just substitute iTunes for iCloud.

What are you trying to do? If you are just wanting to move the contacts from the one iPhone to the new one, back up in iTunes on the old phone, transfer the sim card to the new phone, restore from backup in iTunes on the new phone. Or you can do the same above via iCloud, just substitute iTunes for iCloud.

I've tried to sync up twice and each time it's said theres a problem with the apps, will it have stored all my numbers?

I'm just trying to get all the info from one phone to the new one, I really am clueless with these things

I've tried to sync up twice and each time it's said theres a problem with the apps, will it have stored all my numbers?

I'm just trying to get all the info from one phone to the new one, I really am clueless with these things

Most likely it will have. Without knowing the exact message it is difficult to know exactly what has and hasn't been backed up. What I would do is try it. Take the sim card out and put it into the new one, restore from the backup and see if it has. If it hasn't, move the sim card back to the old phone and let us know the exact error message and we might be able to help more.

Most likely it will have. Without knowing the exact message it is difficult to know exactly what has and hasn't been backed up. What I would do is try it. Take the sim card out and put it into the new one, restore from the backup and see if it has. If it hasn't, move the sim card back to the old phone and let us know the exact error message and we might be able to help more.

Cheers mate