You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Col, if you want fresh smelling, powder free arm-pit spray that lasts then trust me:

Product-Category_Deodorant_110_c4_footer

Anyone i've recommended it too and they have tried it use it all the time. 

I use it every-day and have for years, I never stink. 

(Until I put my aftershave on)

4e8450fe4eaf8_av2.jpg

Col, if you want fresh smelling, powder free arm-pit spray that lasts then trust me:

Product-Category_Deodorant_110_c4_footer

Anyone i've recommended it too and they have tried it use it all the time. 

I use it every-day and have for years, I never stink. 

(Until I put my aftershave on)

4e8450fe4eaf8_av2.jpg

Isn't that birds deodorant?

issey-miyake-men-edt-75ml-spray-2505-p.j

Don't use that Dove shit Col, it's like the virus in 28 Days Later.

You'll be barking at the moon before you know it, and if you ever use public transport again, someone just paying for their ticket will seem like Ian Brady personally snapping one off in your cider.

We're trying to remortgage, started the process with Skipton and they wanted £200 arrangement fee. Had a survey and they valued it exactly the same as we paid 2 years ago - despite all the data showing house prices have gone up 6% in the last 12 months in SK6. We appealed and they rejected it, basically saying tough and the only offer they'd give us was in the lower LTV bracket and therefore at a higher rate.

Complained again to the broker with evidence from 3 separate sources showing prices are up in this area and they've miraculously given us our 'strictly non refundable' £200 back. Cunts were just trying it on and pulled either pulled the product of were at the end of it and wanted more revenue.

Speaking of houses, the prick estate agents I'm buying through. Can't answer an email or a simple inquiry but then start trying to tell me I've already 'made' £10k.

How the fuck have I made £10k you twat, I've not even bought the fucking place yet. Fuck off and reply to my emails.

My new housemates have had some trouble with their landlords from last year(month).

When they all moved out, they were meant to post their keys through the letterbox, but the houses letterbox was only into a porch door which is always unlocked. So Jess rang the estate agents and told them everyone else had put their key inside on the kitchen table, and she had locked the door with hers, so she would still have hers until she could get to the estate agents in a few days once she had moved into our new place.

She got an email from them yesterday saying they were charging her £5 off her deposit for keeping her key, meaning they had to get a new one cut, so she rang them up and explained the situation to them, but the girl on the end of the phone was really arsey with her telling her it's too late, the key is cut so she owes them the money for it, despite Jess agreeing with someone there a few days ago that she would do this, to make sure the house was locked. The woman wanted the persons name that Jess spoke to, otherwise there was nothing she could do about it. 

Jess goes in to see this girl and explain there's no way she's paying it, it's ridiculous. She only did it to secure their house, and made sure she got permission from them first. The woman again was an arsehole and was smirking at Jess as she was explaining herself, telling her there was nothing they could do. So Jess says well she may as well keep her key then if they've already got it cut. Which was silly, she didn't need to say she would keep it, just that they wouldn't need it back. Then this woman goes on the offensive and tells her now she knows Jess still has her key, if she doesn't give it back she can change the locks on the entire house, and charge all of the tenants. 

This isn't a surprise to me though, after hearing so many horror stories about these estate agents, I'd never go near them, but Jess and the rest didn't know any of this. They ended up going without water for about a week until the estate agents got round to fixing it, cupboard doors were missing when they moved in, never ever replaced despite it being mentioned to them, rats turned up under the floorboards towards the end of the year and when the rat killer guy turned up, he told Jess and them that the estate agents had told him to just do the minimum, but he wasn't gonna do that cos he'd just end up being called out again a week later.

My new housemates have had some trouble with their landlords from last year(month).

When they all moved out, they were meant to post their keys through the letterbox, but the houses letterbox was only into a porch door which is always unlocked. So Jess rang the estate agents and told them everyone else had put their key inside on the kitchen table, and she had locked the door with hers, so she would still have hers until she could get to the estate agents in a few days once she had moved into our new place.

She got an email from them yesterday saying they were charging her £5 off her deposit for keeping her key, meaning they had to get a new one cut, so she rang them up and explained the situation to them, but the girl on the end of the phone was really arsey with her telling her it's too late, the key is cut so she owes them the money for it, despite Jess agreeing with someone there a few days ago that she would do this, to make sure the house was locked. The woman wanted the persons name that Jess spoke to, otherwise there was nothing she could do about it. 

Jess goes in to see this girl and explain there's no way she's paying it, it's ridiculous. She only did it to secure their house, and made sure she got permission from them first. The woman again was an arsehole and was smirking at Jess as she was explaining herself, telling her there was nothing they could do. So Jess says well she may as well keep her key then if they've already got it cut. Which was silly, she didn't need to say she would keep it, just that they wouldn't need it back. Then this woman goes on the offensive and tells her now she knows Jess still has her key, if she doesn't give it back she can change the locks on the entire house, and charge all of the tenants. 

This isn't a surprise to me though, after hearing so many horror stories about these estate agents, I'd never go near them, but Jess and the rest didn't know any of this. They ended up going without water for about a week until the estate agents got round to fixing it, cupboard doors were missing when they moved in, never ever replaced despite it being mentioned to them, rats turned up under the floorboards towards the end of the year and when the rat killer guy turned up, he told Jess and them that the estate agents had told him to just do the minimum, but he wasn't gonna do that cos he'd just end up being called out again a week later.

The deposit would normally be held with a 3rd party to deal with such disputes. 

Why did they move in if their were no cupboard doors? 

As for no water or rats, if they don't deal with it within 24 hours they should just call their own person out then bill the estate agents. fucking hate them cunts 

Booked a couple of days off to chill bit of me time, gonna be great nothing to do nowhere to be. Get a text of the missus... "Oooh just managed to get those days off the same as you :)"4urege7y.jpg

and if she hadn't got the time off she would have found jobs round the house for you.

The deposit would normally be held with a 3rd party to deal with such disputes. 

Why did they move in if their were no cupboard doors? 

As for no water or rats, if they don't deal with it within 24 hours they should just call their own person out then bill the estate agents. fucking hate them cunts 

I guess the doors were on when they went to view the house, but the way students tend to do it, you view in December-January, to move in July-August.

And like I said, we're all students and a lot of us have no idea how to handle these sorts of situations unfortunately. Only takes one bad experience to get you up to speed though.

Guest davelfc

Fucking letting agents, the pricks, all of them.

I thought they were putting through some legislation to at least try to control the fuckers. It seems any thieving bastard can start up as a letting agent, then make up charges as they go. Which in my experience is exactly what happens. 

They are the lowest of the low, right down there with politicians. 

I was rubbing it in that I was off and was going to take it easy and this is how karma repays me.

I feel for you mate. Nothing worse than dreams of living room wanks, naked drinking and air guitar being shattered by that chance to do something nice together.

• Upvote 1

I feel for you mate. Nothing worse than dreams of living room wanks, naked drinking and air guitar being shattered by that chance to do something nice together.

I'm sure they'll have a lovely time going round next at home, b and q and homebase when he could have been at home watching fake taxi.

• Upvote 1