You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shelvey recalled

Redder Lurtz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was it who was arguing that a loan spell at a club like Blackpool wouldn't do him any good?

Don't know.

But with Gerrard back soon and Spearing able to play, we might send him back there to progress more.

Who was it who was arguing that a loan spell at a club like Blackpool wouldn't do him any good?

It's yet more proof that God - correctly - hates Norway

Every single aspect of code's life; every opinion, dream, ambition or desire - smashed, destroyed, ridiculed and proven utterly wrong.

Cheers The Almighty. I have gazed upon your works, and his despair is pretty much total.

Wrong and deluded and disappointed by absolutely *everything*

Every single aspect of code's life; every opinion, dream, ambition or desire - smashed, destroyed, ridiculed and proven utterly wrong.

Cheers The Almighty. I have gazed upon your works, and his despair is pretty much total.

Wow, nice, you sure burned him good

A good point well made.

Now, I say this with all due respect to Shelvey, but what with his general decent, if not spectacular physical ability and defensive play, set off against a seemingly inate sense of timing to get on the end of things in and around the box.

...shades of Lampard?

No wait, Jonjo can pass the ball more than ten feet, forget I said anything...

I think he is a good player and he will make it at Liverpool. He is confident, passes well and has an eye for goal. He is a bit like Henderson to my eyes, although Henderson is a bit further along having played more Premiership football. If we let the pair of them develop they will both do well for us for years to come.

I actually rate him above both Henderson and Spearing. I think the only thing he really lacks is games. Spearing may have a bit more bite and aggression to his pressing, but Shelvey looks more natural to me. Hopefully he'll get a few more chances to prove his worth while we wait for Gerrard to come back. I'm convinced Shelvey has a future as a 1st teamer with us, while Spearing and Henderson should only really be back-up-players in the future too...

Shades of Lampard? I know one other balded midfielder he resembles a lot more than Fat Frank. Granted, he'll never reach those heights, but the way he carries the ball, his balance, his passing (if not his dribbling) and the way he strikes the football--------> ZZ (not joking, by the way). Bar Wilshire, I think Shelvey is the most natural, young, English footballer out there. Hopefully his lack of pace won't limit his chances, although that is always a possibility. He seems to have bulked up a bit though, so perhaps he'll pick up the pace and physical side to the PL Lucas-style?

Now, I say this with all due respect to Shelvey, but what with his general decent, if not spectacular physical ability and defensive play, set off against a seemingly inate sense of timing to get on the end of things in and around the box.

...shades of Lampard?

No wait, Jonjo can pass the ball more than ten feet, forget I said anything...

I got slaughtered for this in the summer because some people can't seem to grasp the concept of a not as good but similar style player but he reminds me of Zidane in the way that he runs, his style of play and technique

I actually rate him above both Henderson and Spearing. I think the only thing he really lacks is games. Spearing may have a bit more bite and aggression to his pressing, but Shelvey looks more natural to me. Hopefully he'll get a few more chances to prove his worth while we wait for Gerrard to come back. I'm convinced Shelvey has a future as a 1st teamer with us, while Spearing and Henderson should only really be back-up-players in the future too...

Shades of Lampard? I know one other balded midfielder he resembles a lot more than Fat Frank. Granted, he'll never reach those heights, but the way he carries the ball, his balance, his passing (if not his dribbling) and the way he strikes the football--------> ZZ (not joking, by the way). Bar Wilshire, I think Shelvey is the most natural, young, English footballer out there. Hopefully his lack of pace won't limit his chances, although that is always a possibility. He seems to have bulked up a bit though, so perhaps he'll pick up the pace and physical side to the PL Lucas-style?

Temuri Ketsbiaa?

I got slaughtered for this in the summer because some people can't seem to grasp the concept of a not as good but similar style player but he reminds me of Zidane in the way that he runs, his style of play and technique

I said the same thing on the offal and RAWK and got the same response. That what you get for belonging to multiple boards;)

Shelvey loves it, that's all we need to know.

Imagine him in two or three years time, with a bit of muscle on him, I think we've got a potential something on our hands, and his attitude is spot on. Reminds me of...*thinks very hard*...the old, good version of Lee Bowyer at Leeds, or even some Paul Scholes-esque stuff in there.