You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

They might decide to employ someone to do the duties of third man on a permanent basis so they can take the piss. KP's ego couldn't handle a bit of ribbing though, you'd have punch ups in the commentary box.

It would just be Nasser licking his ring, and everyone else taking the piss out of the both of them.

Guest Pistonbroke
Durham looking very good against Surrey Gord, 245-2.

Apologies Col, just read this. made 298/9 off their 40 overs, some going that. In Reply Surrey are 24/2 off 3.1 overs. Plus we humped them in the Championship game this week by an innings and 37 runs...have that John Major ya tory cunt.

Apologies Col, just read this. made 298/9 off their 40 overs, some going that. In Reply Surrey are 24/2 off 3.1 overs. Plus we humped them in the Championship game this week by an innings and 37 runs...have that John Major ya tory cunt.

Was watching Glos old boy Jon Lewis getting some treatment. Shows why we're struggling so much when he's getting hoiked all round the park and he's still far superior to any bowler we have.

Guest Pistonbroke
Was watching Glos old boy Jon Lewis getting some treatment. Shows why we're struggling so much when he's getting hoiked all round the park and he's still far superior to any bowler we have.

Is it just myself or has domestic cricket suffered since the overseas rule came in? It seems the so called best teams take the cream of the crop whereas div 2 teams get the dross. Quite a few good teams have struggled for ages to get out of div 2.

The proper counties with an identity - Lancashire/Yorkshire/Durham - seem to be producing players. Loads of the others, especially the non descript midlands sides, are full of overseas players that no longer appear to count as such.

A couple of high quality overseas players puts bums on seats and helps young players develop. Having loads of mediocre South African kolpak players obviously isn't great for the game. I remember a game from last year where Northants' entire bowling attack was South African. If you're a young quick bowler playing club cricket in the area you must think whats the point.

Guest Pistonbroke
The proper counties with an identity - Lancashire/Yorkshire/Durham - seem to be producing players. Loads of the others, especially the non descript midlands sides, are full of overseas players that no longer appear to count as such.

A couple of high quality overseas players puts bums on seats and helps young players develop. Having loads of mediocre South African kolpak players obviously isn't great for the game. I remember a game from last year where Northants' entire bowling attack was South African. If you're a young quick bowler playing club cricket in the area you must think whats the point.

Durham have had it good for the last 5 seasons, not looking good this season though. Having a large University helps as you can pick up a lot of good up and coming cricketers and get them to start their career for the county team their University is in. When i was a young lad one of the main sports we played at school and on the playing fields was cricket and we were all miffed at not having a major county cricket team.

Don't think Pietersen has covered himself in credit here, but I reckon the likes of Swann is among a few gargantuan arseholes in a very cliquey dressing room, but him being South African makes Kevin the obvious panto villain.

It's a shame things seem to be going a bit Spice Girly.

I would have preferred to see this team concentrate a bit less on individuals and more on staying the No1 team in Test Cricket.

Because it's definitely the sum of their parts, rather than individuals, that make them a world-beating side.

They don't have anyone with the sustained class of Gilchrist, McGrath, Warne, Ponting.

Mind you, apart from maybe the 1948 Australian and 1980s West Indian sides, who ever has?

Don't think Pietersen has covered himself in credit here, but I reckon the likes of Swann is among a few gargantuan arseholes in a very cliquey dressing room, but him being South African makes Kevin the obvious panto villain.

I really don't recognise the way you are painting Swann.

The class prat, yes. Taking the piss out of himself and his best mate Anderson, most definately. But not an arsehole to others.

I just don't see the dressing room as cliquey either, the dressing room has been one of this England sides greatest strengths.

What? The obvious panto villain?

How many other players in recent squads have been born outside of Britain...

I'm sorry Rog but that's a poor post.

What? The obvious panto villain?

How many other players in recent squads have been born outside of Britain...

I'm sorry Rog but that's a poor post.

It must have been tongue-in-cheek, Lifey?

England have been playing "foreigners' since D'olly, probably earlier even.

Including two captains, Greig (and Denness :whistle:)

And Nasser Hussain certainly ain't decended from Jack The Ripper, come to think of it.

It's been a long-running panto if Rog is being serious, eh?

It must have been tongue-in-cheek, Lifey?

England have been playing "foreigners' since D'olly, probably earlier even.

Including two captains, Greig (and Denness :whistle:)

And Nasser Hussain certainly ain't decended from Jack The Ripper, come to think of it.

It's been a long-running panto if Rog is being serious, eh?

It should have been it was so far away from being accurate but I don't think it was.

Guest Pistonbroke

Someone has obviously had a word with him about sacrificing any love the public had for him disappearing if he decided to carry on in the way he was. Mind you, the IPL doesn't start again for ages, KP wanting to play for England so he doesn't go rusty or out of favour Worldwide and then plays a full IPL season anyway? I wouldn't trust anything he says.

Someone has obviously had a word with him about sacrificing any love the public had for him disappearing if he decided to carry on in the way he was. Mind you, the IPL doesn't start again for ages, KP wanting to play for England so he doesn't go rusty or out of favour Worldwide and then plays a full IPL season anyway? I wouldn't trust anything he says.

And I thought I was the cynical bastard.

Whilst Kev has traits that make him hard to like I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. It should help with the defence of the T20 world cup too.

Although I liked the look of Bell opening to be honest.

Guest Pistonbroke
Would be interesting to find out who it was that had the word with Kev.

Flower? Agent? Manager? Beefy or Warne could well have had a word with him too.

Someone has mate, that's for sure. I'm still going to be a cynical bastard as far as KP goes, he hasn't given me cause to act otherwise Col.

Someone has mate, that's for sure. I'm still going to be a cynical bastard as far as KP goes, he hasn't given me cause to act otherwise Col.

Without a shadow of a doubt someone has pulled him to one side and had a word, even if it was only his PR bloke warning sponsorship deals would be worth less to him without playing for England. Someone has said something.

I still think he's a selfish player and he isn't going to turn into a Colly overnight Gord, but I don't see him playing for England through to the IPL and then fucking them off.

If only for back to back Ashes series.

Guest Pistonbroke
Without a shadow of a doubt someone has pulled him to one side and had a word, even if it was only his PR bloke warning sponsorship deals would be worth less to him without playing for England. Someone has said something.

I still think he's a selfish player and he isn't going to turn into a Colly overnight Gord, but I don't see him playing for England through to the IPL and then fucking them off.

If only for back to back Ashes series.

He has proven he is a me me man mate. Stinks of his agent talking mate. The IPL gives a value to each player and the clubs have to pay that, the higher value the more the player earns. If KP was out of first class cricket until the next IPL starts...... no International cricket over the winter...maybe i'm doing the guy an injustice. Guess we'll know more as and how it pans out.

He has proven he is a me me man mate. Stinks of his agent talking mate. The IPL gives a value to each player and the clubs have to pay that, the higher value the more the player earns. If KP was out of first class cricket until the next IPL starts...... no International cricket over the winter...maybe i'm doing the guy an injustice. Guess we'll know more as and how it pans out.

Fair points, like you say, just a case of wait and see now.