You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone watching the Cologne Arsenal friendly on espn?

The-Sir

At £10mill Gervinho appears to be a good piece of business by Wenger. Composed finishing after pacy runs behold the back-line. A new striker with that profile would do us no harm.

I read this forum when he was linked with you and was shocked how many didnt rate him. He was the best player in France and is made for this league. I expect him to get 15 league goals minimum

I read this forum when he was linked with you and was shocked how many didnt rate him. He was the best player in France and is made for this league. I expect him to get 15 league goals minimum

To be fair, I think that Gervinho is good player. His end product can be inconsistent when he plays a 'wider' role, but he's quick and will take on a man.

I will have a bet with you that he will outscore Downing:yes:

Having a bet on who will score more goals - an out-and-out winger versus a striker who can play on the wing. Hmm...sensible haircut versus mop on a lollipop...choices choices...

Gervinho is a very good player and i would say his contribution is what got Lille into the Champions League rather then what the more expensive Eden Hazard (who i also think is a cracking prospect).

I think he's very underrated as people always compare him to Hazard. They are different players, basically one is a midfielder and the other one is forward. But despite the talent Hazard has, Gervinho is more ready player and if both came to the PL.......i would expect Gervinho to have bigger impact. With his movement and our passing game, he's really made for us. Exactly what we have been crying out for.

I think he's very underrated as people always compare him to Hazard. They are different players, basically one is a midfielder and the other one is forward. But despite the talent Hazard has, Gervinho is more ready player and if both came to the PL.......i would expect Gervinho to have bigger impact. With his movement and our passing game, he's really made for us. Exactly what we have been crying out for.

Are you sure another talented attacking player is what you've been crying out for?

As an outsider i'd say that a goalkeeper that can goalkeep, a no-nonsense defender and a tough tackling midfielder are all far more important areas that Arsenal needed to strenghten.

From what i have seen of Gervinho he looks best suited to a 4-3-3 formation and i wonder if its maybe something Wenger may look at in some games.

Depending on if he stays could Nasri play as the left of the front 3 with Van Persie in the centre and Gervinho on the right.

That would be a pretty impressive strike force especially when supported by Ramsey and Wilshere in the centre.

I suppose you could mix it up and have Van Persie in the left, Gervinho central and Nasri on the right.

Not sure regarding Song as the holding midfielder though and i still think defensively you are still fragile.