You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

shareholders

shouter

Just finished reading an epic swindle and what a brilliant read it was. One thing that is obvious to me tho was moores and parry were not completely to blame for selling to the cunts. There was a financial guy who said the sale document was dodgy right from the outset and there must of been shareholders who were buisnessmen who new it wasn't right as the cancers were only financing for a year which was very unusual in buisness.

They obviously turned a blind eye as they were being offered a lot more per share and an automatic right to final tickets. The greedy twats were as much to blame as moores as apparently he was under legal pressure to consider the americans bid. What I want to know is do they still get there ticket rights since the new ownership which is just wrong if they do.

Edited by shouter

Just finished reading an epic swindle and what a brilliant read it was. One thing that is obvious to me tho was moores and parry were not completely to blame for selling to the cunts. There was a financial guy who said the sale document was dodgy right from the outset and there must of been shareholders who were buisnessmen who new it wasn't right as the cancers were only financing for a year which was very unusual in buisness.

They obviously turned a blind eye as they were being offered a lot more per share and an automatic right to final tickets. The greedy twats were as much to blame as moores as apparently he was under legal pressure to consider the americans bid. What I want to know is do they still get there ticket rights since the new ownership which is just wrong if they do.

Yes, the main shareholders showed some true colours, including our wannabe-saviour Mr Morgan, but Parry and Moores are 100% to blame for landing us in such an unbelievable mess that almost end the club as a going concern and sees us now struggling to get back to the top table with no European football in the coming season. For his extra pieces of silver, Moores sold us down the river. The one thing the book highlights, is that he must have known he was doing that as anyone else looking at the Sales Document was able to immediately see that it was doomed to failure. Moores will have been advised of the massive financial risk the club was been put in, and sold anyway. Fuck Moores, and Fuck Parry. They will forever go down in history as the two people that almost buried Liverpool Football Club.

I had 5 shares at the time. I am in business but saw no point in reading an overlong document when even if I had voted against the deal would have gone through, potentially retaining a worthless investment that I could not dispose of.

The crucial point, however, was it was a recommended offer and any amount of investigation by me would not have given me a fraction of the insight held by the board who recommended I accept.

I am not trying to sidestep all responsibility but it should be put into context.

And, yes, as far as I know, I retain my Priority Ticket Rights. The only time they have been used, mind, is to help other worthy causes. I qualify for tix because I go to matches.

Yes, the main shareholders showed some true colours, including our wannabe-saviour Mr Morgan, but Parry and Moores are 100% to blame for landing us in such an unbelievable mess that almost end the club as a going concern and sees us now struggling to get back to the top table with no European football in the coming season. For his extra pieces of silver, Moores sold us down the river. The one thing the book highlights, is that he must have known he was doing that as anyone else looking at the Sales Document was able to immediately see that it was doomed to failure. Moores will have been advised of the massive financial risk the club was been put in, and sold anyway. Fuck Moores, and Fuck Parry. They will forever go down in history as the two people that almost buried Liverpool Football Club.

This is spot on.

Either as the majority shareholder or with the controlling interest (ie over 50% shareholding) Moores carries the can.

Him and that fucking gobshite Parry.

The way Moores tried to put blame on to the shareholders (although not completely innocent) was a disgrace. Any businessman who, in any industry, claims to not have used or know how to use Google is a complete moron. Only one person responsible for our previous problems = Moores.

I use my ticket every now and again.

What people have to remember as well was that if they got to 90 percent (I think) then they could force the rest to sell without giving them the same priority rights.

And there was no shareholders organisation that could organise everyone, even if they'd wanted to.