You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dublin

mick1977

There is footage of them attacking a fire engine with paramedics on board and stoning it. A few commentators saying the crew who were attacked were the same crew deployed to help the little girl. Madness, but I think this is the way it is going now across Europe, emboldened dickheads who are going to air their grievances with violence.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Of course it is. Ignoring the fact that many Irish joined the fight against the fascists in Spain. Plenty of Irish people will be gutted at all this aggro. He’s just making it all about him again. 

No one should give any attention to someone who would offer the below opinion; he's either a troll or an ignorant bigot, very possibly both.

Leave him to rep his own posts, the big sad case.

Screenshot_20231124_104625_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, No2 said:

As of 8am still no reports she has died, just in a serious condition. More than 12 hours ago WhatsApp was full of reports she had died, not speculation, confirmed reports.

My missus got sent a voice note from the Brazilian lad who intervened. He said she thought he was dead, but hopefully he's mistaken and she makes a full recovery. 

Funny how one of "dem forrins" did more good in one incident than any of the hateful spongiform who used a small child's mutilation as a pretext to burn public transport and loot for runners.

• Upvote 8

46 minutes ago, Em City said:

My missus got sent a voice note from the Brazilian lad who intervened. He said she thought he was dead, but hopefully he's mistaken and she makes a full recovery. 

Funny how one of "dem forrins" did more good in one incident than any of the hateful spongiform who used a small child's mutilation as a pretext to burn public transport and loot for runners.

Repped for 'runners'.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Strontium said:

I expected more from the only nation to send condolences to Germany upon the death of Hitler if I'm honest.

The nation didn't send condolences. One man did, he happened to be in a position of power.

Should an entire nation be held responsible for one man's actions, yes or no?

33 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Oh, I assumed that was sarcasm, given your comments towards me in the Monarchy thread.

Look, the pertinent point here is that that "one man" just happened to be the primary representative of the country, and he most certainly wasn't out of step with the population of the country at that time. And also that you're guilty of reading too much into a throwaway line.